NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fleawannabe

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay Empty
PostSubject: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 01:20

The "jersey" it self looks 100% authentic with all tags still on it, but the nameplate has been changed, it used to be a bigger name. I contacted the seller and she stated that reebok will sometimes change the nameplate. Is this true? There is stiching in the top middle of the chest were maybe a different single number might have been. The jersey is a James Harrison #92, but there hasnt been a player with longer name than Harrison that has wore the number 92. The jersey is real but it didnt come with that name on it. Just want to know if reebok did it or if someone else did. The nameplate looks authentic as well. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
fleawannabe

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 03:31

I did some research and the jocktag is a 2002-2004 model, and Harrison came back to the steelers 2004. Would reebok really change the nameplate?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 18:58

Welcome,

It's unlikely that Reebok would change a nameplate and numbers on an existing jersey. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a customised jersey that someone has done after market. Can you tell me if the letters on the nameplate have been sewn through onto the inside of the jersey or not? And can you post pictures?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
fleawannabe

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyWed Sep 21 2011, 01:40

I will check when i get home and I will post pictures tomorrow. Thank you
Back to top Go down
fleawannabe

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyWed Sep 21 2011, 21:37

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2699

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2710

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2695

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2702

This picture is the one where you can see the old stitching near the name plate.

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2701

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2715

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2720

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2698

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2693

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2692

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2706

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2705

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2697

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2714

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2720

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay CIMG2718
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyWed Sep 21 2011, 23:12

Ok, well the good news is it's definitely a genuine jersey. It looks to have been stripped and then customised. It's been done well.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyWed Sep 21 2011, 23:17

I was going to say what Billsfan said, it's 100% authentic. And if it has been stripped and re-done it looks good.
Back to top Go down
fleawannabe

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyThu Sep 22 2011, 00:32

So the name is redone for sure, but not by reebok, are the numbers redone as well? Should I keep it or return it and keep hunting(I cant afford a 280 dollar jersey) Can anyone give me an idea of what they would have paid for it, I dont know if prices are aloud on this frorum.

Thanks Everybody!!

Last edited by fleawannabe on Thu Sep 22 2011, 01:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyThu Sep 22 2011, 01:24

I see no problem with customized jerseys, so long as it's done correctly. As far as I can tell your jersey is correct.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyThu Sep 22 2011, 11:49

Well at the end of the day it's all down to if your happy with the Jersey or not.

For me you have an authentic jersey that has been well customised and looks good so i'd say it's a keeper, just my opinion though Smile
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyThu Sep 22 2011, 18:31

I'd be happy with it, as for the price, well price is subjective, it's worth what you can get for it. 2nd hand market you could expect to see around $150 for it.
Back to top Go down
fleawannabe

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay EmptyThu Sep 22 2011, 21:11

Well she is letting me trade it for a Hines Ward that hasn't been customized.

THanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought an authentic jersey from ebay   I bought an authentic jersey from ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

I bought an authentic jersey from ebay
Page 1 of 1