NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise

Go down 
+2
Bubs
Mr_Raider
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise Empty
PostSubject: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySat Nov 01 2008, 20:50

No doubt many of you went to the game last week at Wembley.

As with last year, I bought a cap and the "international series" t-shirt. You know the one, the black one with international series, london 26.10.08 and both the teams helmets at either side. In other words, the proper reebok one from inside the stadium and not that crap that people were selling under Wembley way (did anyone see those naff Chargers scarfs ??? What a joke !!!!).

Anyway, bought my gear, stuck the cap and t-shirt on straight away and went and took my seat. Now here I am 6 days later, well p****d off coz the wife has washed my lovely new t-shirt as per the washing instructions, and all the gold has come off the Saints helmet and the Chargers helmet looks like it would go if it was subjected to a second wash.

Absolute garbage quality. Reebok should be ashamed of themselves for selling such crap.

On top of that, I was sat in a Club Wembley bar in my Reggie Bush EQT shirt with my mate in a fake Tomlinson shirt he bought off ebay. I paid $60 (£30) for mine, he paid £20 for his. Three lads from San Diego got talking to us and said my shirt was a fake but my mates was real !!!!!!

I am beginning to think whats the point in buying the real deal if :-
A) nobody else can tell the difference (even Americans)
B) Reebok ships out cheap crap that disintegrates the moment you wash it

Its just Jeremy Shockey-ing !!!!!
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySat Nov 01 2008, 23:25

rokerzammo wrote:
I am beginning to think whats the point in buying the real deal if :-
A) nobody else can tell the difference (even Americans)
B) Reebok ships out cheap crap that disintegrates the moment you wash it

Its just Jeremy Shockey-ing !!!!!

I'm not sure why people get so excited about spending 5 times more money for a jersey that's only 2 times better than a fake. When you get right down to it, they're just shirts. They are all made in third world or communist countries. By poorly paid labor.
And I can understand someone thinking an EQT was a "fake". Those things are a joke. I'd rather wear a replica.
Reebok's cheap crap is only slightly less cheap than the other stuff. To each his own, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 02 2008, 00:20

I bought one of the reebok event tshirts too. No probs as of yet with the colours running though.
Remember, cold is the new hot!lol...

just because they are American dont mean they know everything about the NFL and jerseys!! its not as if they teach it in the schools! afro
Aint that right Chuck?
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 02 2008, 01:36

ex-bomber#75 wrote:
I bought one of the reebok event tshirts too. No probs as of yet with the colours running though.

just because they are American dont mean they know everything about the NFL and jerseys!! its not as if they teach it in the schools! afro
Aint that right Chuck?

That' right. You guys in this forum know more about jerseys than 99.9999% of any Americans. That's one of the reasons counterfeits are such big sellers in the states.
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 02 2008, 17:41

ex-bomber#75 wrote:

?

It wasnt the colours running, ex-bomber. The whole gold of the saints helmet came off and it is now white !!!!! The chargers helmet looks cracked as if it would come off in the next wash.

And the wife washed it as per instructions on the label, so wasnt her fault !!!
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 02 2008, 17:48

Oh yeah, and to top it all off, I bought a reebok international series cap too. While the international series logo and reebok are stitched, the chargers and saints helmets are printed on the back along with london and 26.10.08 and it is screen printed on........at a strange angle !!!

I just put it straight on when I bought it and didnt check it properly until I took it off when I got home, so I guess my fault for not looking at it properly, but again, when I`m spending £15 on official reebok merchandise, I expect to get something that at least LOOKS right !!!!

I've always bought nike and adidas sportswear in general in the past and steered clear of reebok because I thought their stuff was a bit naff looks wise. Looks like its naff constructed wise as well.

I paid £15 for a cap that has a logo out of line and £20 for a t-shirt that the logo comes off in the wash........and the £21.95 fake Tom Brady jersey that I got off ebay, and my mates (that those Chargers fans thought were real) look immaculate after 3 washes !!!!!
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyMon Nov 03 2008, 08:41

Are you sure the stuff you bought was legit? A lot of the vendors that set up shop here at games go to great lengths to seem legit. At Browns games you can buy stuff on the street three miles from the stadium. And I've seen fakes being sold right outside the doors.
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyMon Nov 03 2008, 14:05

chuckjones93 wrote:
Are you sure the stuff you bought was legit? A lot of the vendors that set up shop here at games go to great lengths to seem legit. At Browns games you can buy stuff on the street three miles from the stadium. And I've seen fakes being sold right outside the doors.

As I said in my first post, Chuck, I bought the t-shirt and cap INSIDE Wembley stadium from the official merchandise stall.

Saw all the naff gear wlkaing to stadium, same as you get at football (soccer) games over here. I knew i was buying the "real" (crap) deal
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyMon Nov 03 2008, 23:55

Well gutted mate , chuck i got a EQT and they are great dont get me wrong i love replicas too my whole jersey collection is mainly replica but EQTs are nice
Back to top Go down
Bubs
Starter
Starter
Bubs

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyTue Nov 04 2008, 07:59

Have you tried contacting reebok about it? normally if you bought clothing form a shop and it did that you would take it back, obviously you can't take it back to wembley so it should be upto reebok to deal with.
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyTue Nov 04 2008, 22:53

Bubs wrote:
Have you tried contacting reebok about it? normally if you bought clothing form a shop and it did that you would take it back, obviously you can't take it back to wembley so it should be upto reebok to deal with.

Great idea in theory, bubs but have you ever tried contacting reebok ? I have a few times over the copy shirt I got off ebay and heard absolutely f**k all back from them. They dont give a s**t.

Like I have said on other posts, I don`t like buying fakes as I feel that it costs the manufacturers and they bump up the price of genuine gear which in turn affects us all, but if they gonna churn out cheap crap that does that after one wash, then why should I bother trying to buy legitimate gear when, as chuck points out, you pay 5 times the price for an authentic which is only twice as good as the copies.
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyWed Nov 05 2008, 06:59

rokerzammo wrote:
Bubs wrote:

Great idea in theory, bubs but have you ever tried contacting reebok ? I have a few times over the copy shirt I got off ebay and heard absolutely f**k all back from them. They dont give a s**t.

Like I have said on other posts, I don`t like buying fakes as I feel that it costs the manufacturers and they bump up the price of genuine gear which in turn affects us all, but if they gonna churn out cheap crap that does that after one wash, then why should I bother trying to buy legitimate gear when, as chuck points out, you pay 5 times the price for an authentic which is only twice as good as the copies.

Well roker chuck is wrong real authentic jerseys are more than twice as good as the fakes i know this because i had a collection of around 35 fake nfl jerseys 12 nba jerseys 2 nhl jerseys and 8 mlb jerseys before i myself knew the difference between real and fake. fakes go through the wash once and they start showing signs of wear straight away you know the stitching starts coming loose.by the time they have been washed 10 times they don't look to clever at all and are ready to be used for work only.ive put my real vick falcons alternate jersey through the wash dozens of times and it looks the same now as it did when i took the tags off it.i paid £37.50 for it so they are not 5 times as expensive either the most i paid for a jersey is £75 for my ray lewis authentic and it is a truly awesome jersey that i know will last a lot longer than 3 fake ray lewis jerseys would.if reebok do not respond to you try taking the defective shirt and cap to a reebok outlet shop in a designer village anywhere there are loads of them about with the reebok receipt from wembly and ask them to refund you your money.the company has sold you defective products so you can ask them to refund you even if you did not buy it from that particuler shop because you obviously can't retun it to the temporary shop inside wembly stadium.
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyThu Nov 06 2008, 05:35

[/quote]

Well roker chuck is wrong [/quote]

I wish I knew an American slang term that you didn't, so I could call YOU something. lol!

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something. The washing thing may be true. But the difference in quality is not. You must have had some bad fakes. Cuz the ones I have are excellent. And I do know the differences, mate. I'm not here to promote fake jerseys. Or argue, although DISCUSSION is fun. I wish the prices of real ones were low enough that this topic didn't even exist. But that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyThu Nov 06 2008, 05:38

dino26 wrote:
Well gutted mate , chuck i got a EQT and they are great dont get me wrong i love replicas too my whole jersey collection is mainly replica but EQTs are nice

I really shouldn't bag on EQTs. They are just different. They seem less like a jersey, and more like a shirt. But what do I know, I only have one. A Lions home Kevin Jones.
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyThu Nov 06 2008, 15:27

chuckjones93 wrote:

Well roker chuck is wrong [/quote]

I wish I knew an American slang term that you didn't, so I could call YOU something. lol!

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something. The washing thing may be true. But the difference in quality is not. You must have had some bad fakes. Cuz the ones I have are excellent. And I do know the differences, mate. I'm not here to promote fake jerseys. Or argue, although DISCUSSION is fun. I wish the prices of real ones were low enough that this topic didn't even exist. But that's not the case.[/quote]

chuck the fakes i had were very good which is why i did not know they were fake to begin with because of the quality im saying a real authentic is a different league to any fake.plain and simple they last and wear so much better than a fake.go on chuck call me something you think i might not know and i will tell you if i do know what ya on about.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyThu Nov 06 2008, 16:08

chuckjones93 wrote:
dino26 wrote:

I really shouldn't bag on EQTs. They are just different. They seem less like a jersey, and more like a shirt. But what do I know, I only have one. A Lions home Kevin Jones.

A tshirt are you sure you got a EQT albino
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyThu Nov 06 2008, 16:42

dino26 wrote:
chuckjones93 wrote:
dino26 wrote:

A tshirt are you sure you got a EQT albino
Don't sound like a eqt does it ive got quite a few and they are not a million miles from a authentic (in apperence) especially the giants eqt's
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyFri Nov 07 2008, 09:05

Yeah its just the sleeves and the stitching on the name and numbers that are off ...and the logo on front , but everything else is top notch when i got my eqt and looked at it first thing i thought is this is gonna last me a long while
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyFri Nov 07 2008, 11:08

I'm sure it's an EQT. I got it from the Lions shop website. It's not bad, it's just not what I expected. I don't like how it doesnt actually have a mesh body. I only bought it cuz I wanted to see a real one. Plus I collect any jerseys with the name Jones, and it was $40. I can't imagine paying $100 or more for an EQT.

And Patriots fan, I know lots of American slang terms, that you might not. But they are all crude. And I don't want to insult you. So I'm having a hard time thinking of something that's not too insulting, and that you might not know. When I think of something, I will be sure to call you it.
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyFri Nov 07 2008, 16:35

chuckjones93 wrote:
I'm sure it's an EQT. I got it from the Lions shop website. It's not bad, it's just not what I expected. I don't like how it doesnt actually have a mesh body. I only bought it cuz I wanted to see a real one. Plus I collect any jerseys with the name Jones, and it was $40. I can't imagine paying $100 or more for an EQT.

And Patriots fan, I know lots of American slang terms, that you might not. But they are all crude. And I don't want to insult you. So I'm having a hard time thinking of something that's not too insulting, and that you might not know. When I think of something, I will be sure to call you it.
Don't worry about offending me chuck i can take it.lol
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySat Nov 08 2008, 06:18

Patriots Fan wrote:
chuckjones93 wrote:

I figured a Mo like you could/would take "it". cheers
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySat Nov 08 2008, 18:16

chuckjones93 wrote:
Patriots Fan wrote:
chuckjones93 wrote:

I figured a Mo like you could/would take "it". cheers
i think you mean mo fo
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 09 2008, 02:33

No, I meant Mo.
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptySun Nov 09 2008, 18:12

chuckjones93 wrote:
No, I meant Mo.

Dont know if we on same wavelength here guys, but when I went to school (left in 1986) the word "Mo" was said to someone with reference to them being gay.

Patriots fan, dont know how old you are, but I`m guessing not as old as me, LOL, otherwise I`m sure you would have come across it in the 80's !!! Not really used anymore nowadays in the UK
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise EmptyMon Nov 10 2008, 00:07

What's funny about this conversation is that I'm a total dumbass. lol! I thought that when Patriots Fan said to rokerzammo "Well roker chuck is wrong" that he was refering to me, as a roker. I assumed that was a term you chaps use over there. Now I realize he was refering to an abbreviation of rokerzammo. lol! Embarassed Ah, but for the lack of a comma. So I take back the comment that Patriots Fan is a Mo. Which rokerzammo was correct. It's short for hoMO. Razz So, how 'bout those Titans?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise   Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise Empty

Back to top Go down

Rip-off NFL Wembley merchandise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next