NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Authentic Urlacher Away issues

Go down 
+3
dubbear
Runnings
markg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

Authentic Urlacher  Away issues Empty
PostSubject: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 14:34

ive a few new additions to my collection (forte, cribbs eqt's) but I think ive been done with my new Brian Urlacher 2005 season away authentic .Im worried because ive bought this from Nugsfan33 CB's Jerseys and Sportscards ,a seller who i thought was 100% legit,the sleeves look wrong and are faded on one side and the nfl logo looks off too.should I send it back?
please have a look guys/gals all thoughts and opinions welcomed?

https://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/Stevem1976/NFL%20Jersey%20Collection/?albumview=slideshow

hes more of the same listed here using the same pictures for all
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Urlacher-Chicago-Bears-AUTHENTIC-Reebok-Jersey-50_W0QQitemZ400064500836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item5d25b3d464
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 18:26

i have to admit it looks not quite right to me as i also bought one of those,i am in the process of contacting him also about it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 18:52

Stitching looks good, numbers look right. Bears jerseys should be all mesh, no dazzle material, so that's right too. Nugsfan33 is an overstock seller, whose got a bit too expensive for my taste recently. I'd say it's real, but it's been left folded in the sun for too long causing the colours to fade.

I don't see anything on the hem tag that worries me either.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 20:07

I was reading a thread on JerseyCentral where a couple of people called into question Nugsfans jerseys.
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 21:26

thanks guys for the opinions ,runnings have you a link to that chat on jersey central cant seem to find it cheers would be interested to see what they're saying over there.
I knew Nugsfan sold over stock and the sun damage I can live with but the NFL logo and sleeves just dont look right.
During the week I bought one of his LT jerseys,I made an initial bid 75$ expecting to be told to F-off but it was accepted, for a jersey that was listed as 165 $ and on the day LT left the chargers and then the next morning my suspect Bears jersey arrived.
pale pale pale
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 21:49

Sorry dubbear, I had a glimpse but couldn't find it, it was in the legit check section aswell.

Dont think anyone had anything overwhelming to back up the claim and other said it was legit (was an LT jersey IIRC).

Which LT one was it, you can get the Navy ones for £35 from here!!

Kev
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 22:01

this is the LT I bought I think its more collectable than the newer look as LT was in his prime wearing this style.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomlinson-San-Diego-Chargers-AUTHENTIC-Reebok-Jersey-50_W0QQitemZ180444693923QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item2a035785a3

the older style was why I bought it not really a fan of the newer look chargers jerseys,think the old look was cooler,I have a white one couldnt find an adidas(LT's rookie jersey) so this was a good pickup i thought. we'll see when it arrives .
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 22:26

seen this on jersey central if its real then mines defo a fake,

Authentic Urlacher  Away issues IMG_2509
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Feb 23 2010, 23:04

I'm aware that the bears sleeves were cuffed on some jerseys, but these are rare. I don't know if any other bears collectors on here can help? I don't know what time-scale the cuffed jerseys were in circulation. I'll try to find out.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyTue Mar 02 2010, 21:25

From what I've read, retail Bears authentic jerseys no longer have cuffed sleeves on them. They've been un-cuffed since about 2002 apparently
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter
DaaaBears

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 02:12

danevaliant wrote:
From what I've read, retail Bears authentic jerseys no longer have cuffed sleeves on them. They've been un-cuffed since about 2002 apparently

Yep you're absolutely right. After 2002, bears retail authentics were made with open sleeves and they also started making the shoulders and sleeves out of mesh. If you look at the above jersey more closely, you'll notice that the sleeves and shoulders are solid, not mesh.

Regarding the original question, I've also bought from Nugsfan33 and I'm a little skeptical myself. The jersey I got from him was the Aaron Brooks Saints jersey. When I got it, the collar shield was sewn all crooked, the reebok vectors were way off, tackle twill definitely looked fake, and the jersey even smelled like a fake one. It's funny, the fabric for the fake jerseys I've encountered all have the same scent. Anyone else notice this?
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter
DaaaBears

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 02:52

After further observation...

I also noticed that the authentic Urlacher jersey in your pics had mesh sleeve stripes. From my knowledge, once the bears jerseys began making the sleeves uncuffed along with mesh shoulders/sleeves, they also began making the stripes out of a different material. This could have been done for longevity, especially since mesh stripes will probably fade quicker over time. I've noticed that on replica jerseys, the numbers and chest logo fade A LOT quicker than everything else because it's usually the only thing that's screened on mesh (reebok vector, sleeve numbers/logo are all screened on a solid surface with no holes). I have a few genuine Bears authentic jerseys from recent years, and the stripes on them are solid and made from a VERY tough material and will easily last a trip to the washing machine.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 04:04

Do the jerseys have a sort of weird foreign scent, almost like curry? That's what I've noticed when I've gotten some (for myself, not to resell) from my local flea market...Of course it could be the flea market too, but then it doesn't have that smell inside, either....
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter
DaaaBears

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 16:39

It's hard to describe, but I can say that it is a very distinct smell. The fabric on mt real jerseys smell completely different. In fact, it's almost a refreshing scent.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 16:54

Yeah, it is...and the game worn jerseys have a completely different smell altogether. Almost like a...I guess locker room smell? Not a bad funky smell, but a weird smell, anyway.

Seahawks game worn jerseys have a Dr. Pepper kind of smell, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Urlacher Away issues   Authentic Urlacher  Away issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Authentic Urlacher Away issues
Page 1 of 1