NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1405jasmine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 19:20

Hi all, I just wanted to put this one out for all to be wary of. He does sell legit game worn jerseys (at a very high price), but he does sell other stuff too.

I won one of his auctions last Thursday, but before I even placed a bid on it, I let him know that if I win, I can make a partial payment, but I won't be able to send the rest until the following Thursday. I wanted to make sure that was alright before I bid on it. He said that was fine, as long as he had the first half of the money by Monday.

So I bid on it and being the only bidder, I won it.

So, I made the partial payment of $100 after the auction ended. Over the weekend, my internet went down as did the power, due to the snow storm we had. No big deal I figured, I have the man partially paid per our agreement, and I'll send him the remainder on Thursday.

Well on Sunday night the internet was still down, and he started harassing me for the rest of the money (via email--my phone receives email) as an emergency had come up. I told him I didn't have it, and even if I did, the internet is down, so there's nothing I can do.

On Tuesday the internet was back up, and when I checked my email he had sent me five invoices, and had filed a non-paying bidder complaint against me.

Unfortunately, I had to spend $100 I didn't have (overdrawn bank account), and received everything today.

Okay, so here's the other half of the story. This guy is, er was...a friend of mine. I actually drove this guy TO North Carolina (about a 1,000-mile round trip) to see his first Panthers home game against the Eagles. I didn't ask for payment for his ticket, I didn't ask him to pay for the room on any of the three nights we were there, nor did I ask him to pay for gas round-trip!

So I just wanted to put that out there, as kind of a be aware about the way he goes about conducting business. Generally, he sends an invoice the night the auction ends, and if he's not paid in 12 hours, he starts sending multiple invoices and harassing the winning bidder.

I send an invoice at the end of an auction, because I specify payment to be received within 3 to 7 business days. After three days I send a friendly reminder, and generally after that I receive payment. That's the way to do business with others on eBay.

But everyone's different.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 19:41

Whoa, if this guy was a complete stranger then I could kinda see where he was coming from until you explained the issue with the power cut, but someone you know who free loaded for a 1000 3 day trip.

What a douchbag!
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 19:48

If it was a perfect stranger, I wouldn't be complaining. But I've been friends with this person for three years now, and he pulled that one on me. I've made a perfect stranger aware of not being able to pay for something right away before bidding, to make sure there's not a problem; though I certainly don't make a habit of it, and have never had a problem and always try to pay in full before I say I will if I am able to.

That trip cost me around $600 total for everything. And I didn't mind, I was doing it as a friend. Generally speaking, I don't keep count of things I do for people and friends. But when you go and do something like that to me, I remember things.

So there's a lesson learned here for me.

As for his business practices, I'm not embellishing on anything. Just the straight truth. He's told me the stuff he does and the nasty things he says to people.

Again, it's just a buyer beware; everything he sells in game worn jerseys is legitimate and is game worn, but his post-auction methods are bothersome, and i feel sorry for people who win his auctions.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 19:52

On top of that, I have done business with him many times in the past and was able to pay promptly. So again, lesson learned. Any future business with him will only be if I can pay him promptly, otherwise I would have never placed a bid had he not given me permission to.
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 16:25

what an ass
Back to top Go down
steelpanther
Rookie
Rookie

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptySun May 06 2012, 21:07

Wow, thanks for the heads up CatsFan!
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptySun May 06 2012, 21:44

You're welcome! And an update; this seller is no longer 1405jasmine, but is now sea-cat.sportswear
Back to top Go down
strongarm
Rookie
Rookie

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyTue Jul 17 2012, 17:58

Just an update to this... I bargained back and forth with this guy for a jersey of his. We agree on a price and I move the money around and tell him to invoice me. I tell him to please give me a week to get all the money together but to go ahead and invoice me and I'll pay it Friday.

Well Friday comes around and I still don't have an invoice. I ask him again to please invoice me I have the money now to pay him. He says, "What do you mean?" I said for the jersey we agreed on, remember I told you I needed till Friday to get the money and for you to invoice me.

He then proceeds to start re-negotiating the price of the jersey and wanted at least $100 - 200 more each time PLUS extra money for shipping

Long story short, after going through the hassle of getting all my money together and attempting to purchase the jersey, he will no longer sell it to me for that price, wants more money, and will send you an assault of emails in the process.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyTue Jul 17 2012, 18:05

Whoa, that's not the way to do business.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyTue Jul 17 2012, 18:30

Sorry for the language, but the guy is a complete wanker. I will never do business with him, and any of you who do, if you're doing it through ebay and he's pulling that nonsense, I would highly recommend that you file a complaint against him. It's sellers like him who give the rest of us a hard time selling our stuff.

Bills fan, send me a private note when you have a chance. I have a question for you. take care all!
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Aug 02 2012, 00:45

So for hahas, I created a second eBay account. My initial premise was to buy an item of his under my new, but legitimate (same legal first, last name and address) identification. EBay says you can have more than one account, so long as your intent isn't to, basically, use it for the wrong reasons.

I asked him general questions about two of his items for sale on the same day; I questioned the authenticity of one item, and the exorbitant price of another.

The following will contain Q&A....
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Aug 02 2012, 01:28

OK...Sorry for the delay. I didn't think I'd be terminated by him so quickly haha. It shan't keep me from creating yet another account in the future. I will buy something from him, and when he terminates the sale, because he sees it's me, I WILL file complaint with ebay and destroy his ill-gotten "perfect" record. I hate to sound like I have something against this guy, but since I know (from him in the past and from buyers as well), that he's a shady dealer, I will screw him over anyway I can, as long as he's the one who is violating contracts and rules.

So the following is messages are authentic...

This is on his inaugural season #1 jersey, which I have a difficult time believing that some guy who never made the official team, was drafted, and given the number 1.

Dear sea-cat.sportswear,

can you tell me if this guy was even on the team? I don't see his name on the roster anywhere. does this have a certified letter of authenticity?

- mizzourah2012

His response...

Dear mizzourah2012,

hi the player was cut by the team at some point back in 95 their first season , i buy all my items directly from the teams as u can see i sell panthers and seahawks items

- sea-cat.sportswear

That could be, but I have a difficult time with a couple of things...One, I can't remember the Panthers ever issuing the number one to a player for regular use, until Cam Newton. Two, I've dealt with the team store on numerous occasions, and they don't really keep old stock...Especially THAT old.

So then I asked him...

Dear sea-cat.sportswear,

does it have a letter of authenticity or the receipt that you got it from the team?

- mizzourah2012

The receipt aspect has him nailed. If he got it from the team store, then he could provide a copy of the receipt as their receipts do itemize player name, even if partial, and "game used."

Dear mizzourah2012,

hi i do not have a coa or anything for the jersey but as u can see by my listings i have the real deal jerseys not like those knock offs u see online i buy from the team stores and as u can see i sell the pants as well

- sea-cat.sportswear

Yes, he does have some real deal jerseys...It doesn't prevent one from attempting to slip in an almost real or game-looking jersey.

I had also asked him about the overpriced Cam Newton jersey/hat combo, asking if he'd consider going down in price since it is Reebok, and I can order a new Nike one at a much lower price from the team store.

Dear mizzourah2012,

hi all these items u are asking about would be great if u could get cam to sign next month at fan fest if u go i hope to be there myself

- sea-cat.sportswear

I kind of lied at this point...I don't have a wife, nor do I live in Missouri...Actually, my line of questioning would tell him that in fact I live in NJ, if he bothered to look.

Dear sea-cat.sportswear,

Thank you for your time. I will have to talk to my wife and see if she wants to get these or something from the team store. you have a nice collection. ill keep an eye on your future auctions. I live in Missouri, so I probably won't be getting out that way for a while yet.

- mizzourah2012

Dear mizzourah2012,

hi thanks no biggie thanks for looking u will find the cam jersey of course anywheres for sale but that 95 jersey is a one of a kind made from 1995 thats panthers history there thanks and a great evening go panthers !!!

- sea-cat.sportswear

I then asked him...

Dear sea-cat.sportswear,

do you have any other panther items not listed?

- mizzourah2012

To which he responded, "A few."

Today he sends me the following, to my response of "OK" to his "A few" response.

Dear mizzourah2012,

id do 215.00 total shipped for u on that 1995 first year jersey u wanted if u still wanted it, i also have that one cam jersey u was looking at online u know the one that has the combo deal with that hat in a size large jersey thanks again

- sea-cat.sportswear

As a "noob" to ebay, I got excited thinking he was offering both jerseys for $215. So I didn't accept the offer under that assumption, but instead responded, "If you're offering both jerseys (if being the operative word) for $215, then please get back to me. In the meantime I'll consider it."

So He responds, "LOL no way, I'm talking about the inaugural jersey."

To which I responded...

Dear sea-cat.sportswear,

What's so funny about that? Okay, nevermind then. Thanks.

- mizzourah2012

To which he responded, and to which I was unable to respond because he has now blocked me.

Dear mizzourah2012,

hi i think its funny how people not saying u ok but want something for nothing anymore on here thats why i say reasonable offers not deals like buy one get one free, maybe i should do that give all my stuff away on here to make some friends on here

- sea-cat.sportswear
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine EmptyThu Aug 02 2012, 01:32

He has unblocked me now lol...The blocking was a warning that he gives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1405jasmine Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1405jasmine   1405jasmine Empty

Back to top Go down

1405jasmine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NFL Jersey Fan Paradise :: Legit and Questionable lists :: US & International Questionable sellers-
Jump to: