NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal Empty
PostSubject: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal EmptyMon Mar 22 2010, 20:06

Hey, I won this one last night after all: 170456325247

I know it's not game worn as "speculated," but I can't go wrong for basically $20 for an otherwise legit authentic. Once I receive it though, I'll put it in a bath of Oxi-Clean, and depending on how the sleeve cuffs look, I'll take them to a tailor, and have elastic inserted and sewn into them for a sweet custom job.

I heard from the seller today, and he seems like an otherwise pleasant person to do business with.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal EmptyMon Mar 22 2010, 20:11

For that money it's worth getting, no doubt. Good idea with the sleeves.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal EmptyMon Mar 22 2010, 20:17

With the Dolphins' older game and authentic jerseys, the sleeve cuffs were the multi-colored rib-knit elastic, which in my opinion is QUITE uncomfortable to wear. So actually, I'll enjoy this as a project piece. It should come out really nice, too.

A lot of my Panthers game worn jerseys, and a couple of my Seahawks game worn jerseys have the original sleeve cuffs removed and the elastic sewn into the jersey fabric instead. I think it gives the jersey more character.
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter
DaaaBears

PostSubject: Re: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal EmptyMon Mar 22 2010, 22:33

Nice win there man!

I actually had my eyes on that myself, but I don't have any Dolphins jerseys and I really wanted one with the cuffed sleeves (I think they look cool, plus I'm holding out for a nice Marino jersey).
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal EmptyMon Mar 22 2010, 22:45

Nice! yeah I was surprised i was able to get that one at such a good price!

Everyone has their own taste, but my favorite Marino jerseys were made by Starter and Nike. I never liked the Dolphins' older style jerseys as much. I like the rejuvenated logo over the mid-80's and early 90's logos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal   A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

A Steal with a Little Grease to Sweeten the Deal
Page 1 of 1