NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic Empty
PostSubject: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptySun Jun 13 2010, 22:40

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=124045080&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=124391790

I noticed in NFL Auctions most recent items, they have some Lions GI and Chargers GI as well but don't mention if the Chargers stuff is GI yet it has a tag woven inside collar.

So... is this Chargers one a GI or RA?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptyMon Jun 14 2010, 17:57

They are team issued. NFL Auctions always puts Authentic if the jersey hasn't been worn, so they are basically gamers, made in the USA by Berlin.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptyMon Jun 14 2010, 22:15

Fantastic, thanks very much.

All NFLAuction sells is Berlin USA authentic? No retail ones right?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptyMon Jun 14 2010, 23:27

JohnIceStorm wrote:
Fantastic, thanks very much.

All NFLAuction sells is Berlin USA authentic? No retail ones right?

In my experience yes. I have an Aaron Schobel signed jersey from NFL Auctions and it has Aaron's customised hem with elastic and has been shortened and has the berlin tag removed, but it is definitely a Ripon jersey.
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptyMon Jun 14 2010, 23:58

I seem to notice the four digit tag with a hyphen in the collar. That's the surefire way to see if its a Ripon jersey correct?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 06:28

That's the equipment managers year and size code. These are only put on game jerseys. The retail jerseys don't have them. Surefire? Well nothing is, but with the NFL Auctions you can be pretty damn sure. I have a friend who knows one of the Bills equipment managers and he told me that all the Authentic listed items are really team issued gamers.

So, the ones I have seen have to be made for the team and as all NFL on field jerseys are made by Ripon, they have to be.

Another way to tell a gamer is the Reebok vector logo on the sleeves. On retail jerseys this is embroidered directly onto the jersey, with a gamer the logo is a separate patch which is added to the sleeve, sometimes there are small differences in colour on the patch which makes it easier to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic   Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Issued Authentic or Regular Authentic
Page 1 of 1