NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djlarroc

Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" Empty
PostSubject: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyWed Oct 27 2010, 22:15

Is that the main brand for players from the 80s? Early 90s?

How about Wilson? Starter?

I'm looking for an authentic Howie Long jersey, and maybe a Bo Jackson.

As ususal, I have scoped eBay and there's a TON of fakes. I don't want to overpay for these, but I want to get a true jersey.

I've done some searching and came to the conclusion all Mitchell and Ness thowbacks MUST have the player's years AND name on the tag? Does it change for some players? Can they only have 1 year?

Is there typically 3 tags? 4 tags? I've read info that both are corect.

Here's a couple of links for reference:

I've heard this a legit seller so must be a true jersey
http://cgi.ebay.com/OAKLAND-RAIDERS-Bo-Jackson-Mitchell-Ness-Jersey-48-/230506742550?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ab45c316

This jersey doesn't look too bad, but sales tags are fake?
http://cgi.ebay.com/BO-JACKSON-MITCHELL-NESS-BLACK-THROWBACK-SZ-50-JERSEY-/150506764534?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item230ae6f8f6
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyWed Oct 27 2010, 23:16

Back in that period the teams could choose which manufactuer produced their retail jerseys. These vintage jerseys are rare and can command a high price.

M&N pride themselves on accuracy and have made the same players jerseys from different period. I always have their website on hand to compare the one i'm looking at with theirs.

The first listing is genuine, jadgang is fine. The second is a fake, shiny numbers and bad name plate. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I can't remember the Raiders having a logo patch on the jersey ever.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
djlarroc

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyThu Oct 28 2010, 01:51

I'm new to jerseys Billsfan, so I wasn't sure, but I'm sure you are right.

Do you know how the players names and years are on the tags? I've seen some that have a number of years (ex 86-91), and others like the Bo Jackson 1987.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyThu Oct 28 2010, 02:47

Not only did the Raiders not have a logo on their jersey, Mitchell and Ness does not put the NFL Equipment logo on the neck. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
djlarroc

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyWed Nov 17 2010, 07:05

Hey guys, I'm back w/another question.. I'm looking at buying a M&N "authentic" jersey. Can you guys tell by this photo if it's authentic? I will try to get more photos as I get them.. Thanks

Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" Jersey
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyWed Nov 17 2010, 17:26

That NFL logo looks horrible
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyThu Nov 18 2010, 00:47

I agree it does look bad, so does the QB's fingers.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
djlarroc

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" EmptyThu Nov 18 2010, 06:52

Ok, thanks for the thoughts guys. I passed. I thought there was a chance it was decent because the stitching in the year looked good. I guess it's obvious as well because it should have his name on there too. According to the M&N site...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"   Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players" Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitchell and Ness appropriate for "old players"
Page 1 of 1