NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other than reebok

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 20:45

Hi simon,

I know there is a size guide and what to look out for on the reebok jerseys concerning fakes but what about wilson, starter, nike, etc? Maybe a new section just to describe the different styles (Authentic, replica, etc) and what to look for on fakes.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 20:54

The reason that we talk about fake Reeboks only is that before Reebok took over in 2002 and outsourced production from the US to the far east, there wasn't any counterfeiting. Teams used different companies and all production was in the US.

When i have some time I'll do some more research into size guides.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 20:58

ok thats cool, so pre 2001 you wont find many fakes? Also just quickly, regarding nike, whats the differnce between replica and authentic?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 21:19

obinug wrote:
ok thats cool, so pre 2001 you wont find many fakes? Also just quickly, regarding nike, whats the differnce between replica and authentic?

I would even say pre 2002 you won't find any fakes.

Similar to Reebok - Nike replicas don't have the NFL equipment logo on the collar (albeit Reebok replicas do), are lighter weight, and all screen printed. The Nike authentics were all heavyweight and fully stitched. Some regard Nike as the best authentics. It's all down to preference, but I'm indifferent to them.

My only regret with jersey collecting was that I started out buying replicas. As soon as I got my first authentic, I have never bought (or wore) another replica since. Personally, unless you're on a really tight budget and want quantity over quality, I wouldn't bother with replicas if you're seriously starting a collection. I would rather have 1 authentic than 3 replicas. I daresay others will have an opinion on this, but that's my view.

The jerseys are all cut slightly differently. For example, Russells and Wilsons run narrower at the waist and have bigger shoulders (especially the Russells.) In my experience, Adidas, Nike and Starters all run similar to Reeboks (i.e. if you take a 48 Reebok, you'll be a 48 Nike and so on.) Having said that, I think the current Reeboks may be slightly baggier. The main difference is that a size 48 Starter was also labelled as being "XL" whereas this is thought of as a "M" in modern day Reeboks. 2001 Reeboks ran a size smaller (i.e. a 50 equates to a current 48.)
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 21:25

Ahhh coolies, the reason i ask is because i was looking at 1999 Nike Green Bay jerseys, they looked screen printed/ heat printed on the pictures but i'm probably looking at it wrong.

I'm the same now, i wont go back to replicas, premiers and authentics all the way!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 21:27

Russell has my back, thank you my man.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 21:31

He's like a wikipedia of jerseys haha
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 21:38

You wont find fakes, but some of the authorized retailers would get things wrong. I've seen a number of 90s era Patriots jerseys with the wrong fonts.... for both names AND numbers.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 22:15

Ended up buying a Nike i've been watching, pretty sure its a replica but it was only £15, Reggie White home jersey not sure on the year, i think its 1997-2000
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 00:20

The NFL shield on the collar is the quickest way to tell if it's an authentic or replica. They started using that in 1990 (or maybe 91), and Replicas did not have collar badges until Reebok took over in 2001.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other than reebok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other than reebok   Other than reebok Empty

Back to top Go down

Other than reebok
Page 1 of 1