NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DanOfEarth

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Empty
PostSubject: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyWed Nov 02 2011, 01:31

It's unfortunate, but I went to a store in a local mall and purchased this jersey before doing any research, every thing I've seen has told me this jersey is fake, any opinions? It is supposed to be a 2008 Calvin Johnson Throwback "On Field" jersey.

Pardon the crappy pics, I had bad lighting and was using my phone.

Ok so for the first thing, the stitching is horrible, it's like a 5 year old did it. The mast on the football player with a red background doesn't seem right, as well as his leg and his arm. The logo itself is sewn on crooked.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo1

Secondly, the numbers seemed nice quality, but bubbly. I'm no expert but something seemed off about them.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo2-4

Third, ignore the shield for now (if you can) and notice the collar stitching right below it, it's a completely different size on each side! Would a real NFL jersey do that? It seemed doubtful to me.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo3-2

Fourth, the Reebok symbol. The parts seemed too thin, misaligned and the stitching wasn't tight and precise like on a real jersey. There's also a lot of stitch trailing (when it runs off into another section it's not supposed to) all over the jersey.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo-4

Fifth, the Lions name on the front of the Jersey across the chest. The stitching again looks subpar.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo6-2

Lastly...the shield. Do I have to even say it? The stars, o my. The stitching went across the bottom right of the NFL logo it was so far off. It was oddly fuzzy all over the edges as well.

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo4-3
Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Photo5-3

What do you think gentleman? Am I a conspiracy theorist or did I hit this nail on the head?

I'm saying FAKE.

Edit: I forgot to add, the wash tags don't even line up straight with the center of the NFL shield on the collar, it's off center and as far as I've seen it's not supposed to be off center.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyWed Nov 02 2011, 03:31

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyuck, that is an awful fake.

Jerseys-Jackets-Tees has a black alt Roy Williams.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyWed Nov 02 2011, 07:20

Classic Chinese counterfeit jersey. I'd go back to the store and demand my money back. How much did you pay for it?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
DanOfEarth

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyWed Nov 02 2011, 12:13

I spent around $120-140. They didn't have it in stock so they had to order it. That's why I never saw how crappy it was until it was delivered. I am definitely taking it back today.

I can't believe a jersey store at a mall can get away with selling fake jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyWed Nov 02 2011, 12:36

It's very common I'm afraid. Let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
DanOfEarth

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 11:43

I was able to return the Jersey yesterday to the store. Should places like that store be reported for selling counterfeit goods? It's in the US and I'm pretty sure we have laws against such things, at the very least using the NFLs logo and such on merchandise when it is not NFL equipment.
Back to top Go down
DanOfEarth

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 11:45

I really only want a jersey of an active player like Suh, Stafford or Johnson, even Hanson and some other not as famous folks, but I really had my heart set on a black jersey, but we only had them in 2008 so they are very hard to come by. That's why I was excited that the store said they could get it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyThu Nov 03 2011, 15:32

Glad you got your money back. If you report the store to your local police then they should take action. You can contact the NFL, via their website too, they may do something about.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptyFri Nov 04 2011, 15:18

I've noticed quite a few shops in US shopping malls selling fakes. I had the exact same thought as to how they openly seem to get away with it. A lot of them charge serious money too - way more than the $20-$50 knock-offs you see on eBay.

Dan - I've sent you a private message as I have an authentic Stafford which I may part with.
Back to top Go down
DanOfEarth

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" EmptySat Nov 05 2011, 16:34

Just so no one else shops there, the place is called Xtreme Sports Fan. They even have a site.

The actually have two stores inside the Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther, Florida.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"   Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback" Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson "On Field Throwback"
Page 1 of 1