NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Retagging Jerserys?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BoysFanatic
Rookie
Rookie

Retagging Jerserys? Empty
PostSubject: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 02:54

I was looking at the list of questionable US sellers and saw the following: "jerseycommissioner (appears to be retagging jerseys, jerseys seem legit)"

Excuse the ignorance but what are the jerseys being retagged as? Are they tagging replica jerseys as premiers? Or tagging Med jerseys are Large? Not sure why anyone would do the latter, so I'm clearly confused...

Can anyone shed some light here?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ProjectPat
Starter
Starter
ProjectPat

PostSubject: Re: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 03:10

Retagging jerseys means they are removing the original tags, or the little slips of paper-stock usually attached to the sleeves of the jersey. These tags usually just have an NFL hologram sticker on them and simply designate the product as NFL. You will still be getting the jersey listed in the description; there is no fraud.

And do not worry about the authenticity, I have bought two jerseys from jerseycommissioner and they are both undeniably official products.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 08:54

It is a questionable practice. Why would you retag? Well you buy second hand items at a low price, retag and make them look unworn and charge a high price. It's dishonest in my book.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
BoysFanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 11:20

The practice does seem a bit fishy. Why go through all that trouble?

In any event, thanks for clarifying, guys!

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 12:58

BoysFanatic wrote:
The practice does seem a bit fishy. Why go through all that trouble?

In any event, thanks for clarifying, guys!

Why? Profit margin my friend. If i sell a second hand worn but perfect jersey i'm taking a loss on what i paid for it. Re tag it and it looks unworn and new. I can charge closer to retail price.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retagging Jerserys?   Retagging Jerserys? Empty

Back to top Go down

Retagging Jerserys?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NFL Jersey Fan Paradise :: Is this jersey genuine? :: How to tell a fake Authentic Reebok Jersey-
Jump to: