NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fake Jake Long Jersey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kirin no rei 77

kirin no rei 77

Fake Jake Long Jersey Empty
PostSubject: Fake Jake Long Jersey   Fake Jake Long Jersey EmptyThu Dec 08 2011, 00:14

Hello, all! Let me first say I LOVE the site. Stumbled across this the other day after purchasing this jersey on eBay and finding it more than a little suspect. After browsing through here, I'm 150% positive it's a fake, I just wanted to share.

Basically what happened is the scam that's been described a few times here...thought I was buying a replica (more specifically a "premier" jersey) and this was sent to me instead under the assumption that I would just keep this instead, I guess. After reading through here, I saw that one of the ways to tell is to give these things a wash and I did, wow....the bubbling of the numbers is just painful (these pics are post-wash). I contacted the seller and I am currently in the process of getting a refund back (approx $50 U.S.) and I also went ahead and purchased a LEGITIMATE Jake Long jersey today from the Dolphins Pro Shop. Very Happy

As far as some of the other knockoffs I've seen, this one looked pretty decent...at least before I washed it. After washing, not only was there lots of bubbling but the numbers took on a weird stained appearance too. As you can see from the following photos, the Dolphins on the sleeves are funky looking, the vectors aren't clean, the "NFL" tag on the neckline is all screwy and the hologram on the price tag is completely wrong among other things. I will say the stitching on the jersey was nice though and the numbers weren't all that shiny upon first look. Thankfully, I wasn't actually after an authentic at this point (I'm new to football jerseys, I collect hockey for the most part) so I don't feel all that burned but a bootleg is STILL a bootleg and should be treated as such. Shocked

Like I said, I'm currently in the process of returning it and getting my money back and I'll be reporting the seller (fashioncorner510, for future reference) to eBay. So without further ado, here you go...

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2484

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2485

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2486

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2487

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2490

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2497

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2502

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2489

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2488

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2491

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2492

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2493

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2494

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2496

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2498

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2499

Fake Jake Long Jersey DSCF2500

Again, LOVE the site guys! Keep up the great work! cheers
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Fake Jake Long Jersey   Fake Jake Long Jersey EmptyThu Dec 08 2011, 09:21

Welcome to the forum,

Thanks for taking the time to post, the more examples of counterfeit jerseys we have the better, it goes to prove the shoddy materials used. I'm glad you are getting a refund.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
kirin no rei 77

kirin no rei 77

PostSubject: Re: Fake Jake Long Jersey   Fake Jake Long Jersey EmptyThu Dec 08 2011, 12:48

Billsfan wrote:
Welcome to the forum,

Thanks for taking the time to post, the more examples of counterfeit jerseys we have the better, it goes to prove the shoddy materials used. I'm glad you are getting a refund.

Thanks!

Hey, no problem at all. I got SO much useful information from this site, I figured posting up some pics of my own experience was the least I could do. Again let me say I really LOVE this site. I probably won't be in the market for an actual authentic anytime soon seeing as one, I'm female and it would be HUGE on me and two, I don't have the money for it anyway. When I DO go down that road though, I have an excellent resource in this site. Smile

Well, the seller SAID they'd give me a refund after I returned the jersey to them (which is why I took all of the pictures, in case I need to file a claim) but it's not like I trust someone who's selling fakes to begin with. Hopefully this doesn't escalate and I have to go down that road but I will if I must do so. Push comes to shove, I'm only out around $50 U.S. which IS a lot of money but from what I can tell of other people's experiences on here, not nearly as bad as it could have been. It's a damn good thing I was only after a replica or I could have been seriously burned. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fake Jake Long Jersey   Fake Jake Long Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake Jake Long Jersey
Page 1 of 1