NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.

Go down 
+6
LASER___SHOW
obinug
rmcc
Andyf
Mr_Raider
Billsfan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  Empty
PostSubject: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyFri Mar 09 2012, 19:05

rmcc posted that Nike will unveil their jerseys April 3rd. Here's what NBC said.

On April 3, Nike and the NFL officially will launch their partnership at an event in New York.

Nike’s intentions regarding the NFL uniforms remain unclear.  An executive promised “dramatic” changes when the deal was struck in 2010.  The NFL more recently has explained that the changes will primarily be reflected in the construction of the jersey.

Most recently, Nike CEO and president Mark Parker said that the company will “have some fun” while “respecting the traditions” of the teams.

We’ll all get something slightly more definitive on April 3.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyFri Mar 09 2012, 19:12

Sounds interesting. They're building the suspense like a soap opera, aren't they? All we need is shocked expressions & cheesy music coming on over the credits....
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 09:02

A bit more info I found while surfing. This is from uniwatch, posted by a retailer.

Nike will be releasing three tiers of jerseys. They will be known as Game, Elite, and Pro. Their price points will be $100, $135, and $250. Game jerseys will be equivalent to what is currently called a replica. It will have all screen-printed numbers and lettering. The Elite will then move you to what is now known as premier, which will have the tackle twill lettering and numbering. This is what they are currently selling for $100 as a Pro Line jersey, which is why I have my doubts as to this being the Nike product. The Pro level will be equivalent to the current authentic level, which is going to be a close replication of what is actually worn on the field.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 09:09

Better get saving then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 09:13

I'm sure I read somewhere that Nike thought screen printing was tacky, so the bottom tier would have 'iron on' numbers
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 09:56

Iron on wouldnt be too bad, looks way better than screen. I guess customisation would be easier too
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 10:36

They'll probably use the heat-applied stuff that sports shops use to put a player's name on a footie shirt. And the prices seem similar to Reebok, despite what we thought...hope they're accurate.
Back to top Go down
joker1224
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyTue Mar 13 2012, 15:58

saving myself want to get me an authentic d Mac and Jacoby ford authentic, as well as ed reed and darell revis
Back to top Go down
http://castchri9527@gmail.com
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 00:34

Cant wait until the nike jerseys come out , Will the sizes remain the same ...ie the size of a nike jersey compared to reebok ?

When reebok unveiled there jerseys did they unveil all the teams at once ?

I sort of thought that Nike would of unveiled Seahawks first and then unveil other teams a few days or weeks later to keep the hype going about the new jerseys.

I cant wait until they come out !
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 17:31

Fansedge have a new Brandon Marshall jersey for preorder....but it's a Reebok one!! What is the craic??
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 18:18

rmcc wrote:
Fansedge have a new Brandon Marshall jersey for preorder....but it's a Reebok one!! What is the craic??

They're using old blanks and will do until they are all gone. They did it when the league changed the logo in 2008.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 18:50

Oh, right, OK!
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 19:02

Cant wait to either get a Moss 49ers, RGIII Colts or Manning ??? in september
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 19:04

I'm hoping there'll be some Reebok bargains available on the Pats shop or on ebay!
Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 20:32

Not sure if anyone has seen this, Sean Smith has posted a picture of the Dolphins Nike jersey sleeve http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/sean-smith-shares-glimpse-of-new-nike-jersey/ Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  Nike10
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 20:38

Now is that a aqua nameplate with a black border with white letters , or is it just a aqua ,white ,black letter ?
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 20:42

I think thats a name without a nameplate. Also, that doesn't look like a number on the front of the jersey. Does it actually say on Smiths twitter that it is a jersey and not a training shirt or something??
Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 22:01

obinug wrote:
I think thats a name without a nameplate. Also, that doesn't look like a number on the front of the jersey. Does it actually say on Smiths twitter that it is a jersey and not a training shirt or something??

Yeah it doesn't look like there's a nameplate, He dosnt say what type of jersey it is so maybe it could be a practice one.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 22:19

Do the Dolphins wear orange practice jerseys? I would think that if they did, it would be for QBs and other no-contact players.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyFri Mar 16 2012, 02:21

It looks like spandex in the shoulder area to me, which would suggest it's a gamer. I've only ever seen spandex shoulders like that on gamers (and some older retail authentics, but the sleeves are too tight for this to be retail.)

Most of the practice jerseys I've ever seen have been loose-fitting cheap nylon mesh, which look more like replicas. Also, they don't have the team logo on the shoulder:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280803871568

Granted, they're all Reeboks, but even Nike's NCAA practice jerseys are a similar style (and nothing like the new Nike one pictured):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320864763959
Back to top Go down
joker1224
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyFri Mar 16 2012, 04:46

that looks like a little better fabric but overall not too much of a change to the logos or the colors the stripes look screen print instead of fabric and the nike check is huuge way bigger than the reebok's idk how the nike's will look but if they look way too bad i might just try to keep a reebok collection
Back to top Go down
http://castchri9527@gmail.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyFri Mar 16 2012, 21:21

It's got to be a gamer, they don't wear the alt orange as practice jerseys. That Nike swoosh is massive isn't it. There won't be any major changes, the teams and NFL decide what the uni's look like not Nike. I expect that they will use some new materials, but other than the teams changing some aspects of their uni's there will be nothing radical at all.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  EmptyWed Mar 28 2012, 08:44

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7738085

Some Nike NFL gear ! (not jerseys though)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.    Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Nike unveil jerseys on April 3rd.
Page 1 of 1