NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Value of collection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

Value of collection Empty
PostSubject: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 11:56

I just added up how much I've paid for my baseballs, footballs, bats, jerseys, cases for them, etc etc. It's a scary number, quite frankly!!! Anyone else done this & been terrified by the amount??!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 15:18

No and for that reason, it's too scary to think about so I don't.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 16:07

Probably best!!!! I'm trying to justify it in my head by telling myself that I can make money if I sell it, and that I don't drink/smoke/go on holiday/buy loads of clothes (except jerseys!)/drive much so I have to have something to enjoy!!!
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:12

If I go by the money spent on cards, jerseys, etc, it would be WELL OVER 30k USD...
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:14

Woahhh.............................OK, mine is nowhere near that! But it is in thousands.....
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:21

That though, is for roughly a 7 year span
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:24

Hmmmm........Mine is rather less time than that! Think I'll stop......
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection EmptyTue May 08 2012, 22:56

Needless to say, my number has definitely leapt up considerably since I got into gamers. I have tried to be strict with myself and focus on having no more than around 50 jerseys (it may sound like a lot, but it doesn't seem that way when you see them hanging in the closet.)

Having been seriously into the hobby for a couple of years now, I tend to find I get bored of certain jerseys, and so look to move them on to make way for others. The money I get from jersey sales always goes back into more jerseys, but it helps me justify buying new ones.

That reminds me - I have to update my "my collection" thread, as I haven't done it in ages, and my collection has changed a lot since I last tweaked it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Value of collection   Value of collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Value of collection
Page 1 of 1