NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nfl merchandise uk

Go down 
+3
Billsfan
lej
Andyf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyThu Jul 05 2012, 21:16

Can anyone tell me if this store is legit?
http://www.nflmerchandise.co.uk/index.asp
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyFri Jul 06 2012, 01:22

I've had a look at it, the website is registered to a UK address, so it rules out a Chinese website posing as a UK site. As there are no actual pictures of the jerseys then I'm unable to tell whether they are genuine jerseys or fakes. I will contact them as see what I can find out.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyFri Jul 06 2012, 07:02

Thanks Billsfan,this site comes recommend from a few places but iam not sure if it looks too good to be true.i have always bought my jerseys when in the states,so buying online is new to me.
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyFri Jul 06 2012, 15:30

The large amount of choice at fixed prices is pretty dodgy

and this, not sure why a legit company would post a picture of a fake. And use the old NFL logo. etc.etc.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole personally. Who recommended it?
Back to top Go down
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyFri Jul 06 2012, 16:25

I found out about this site from nfl uk forum,there was a guy on there who has bought from there,he's never said if it was legit yet.
The British eagles and Overseas orange army website both recommend and have links to this store.
It does seem too good to be legit but I just can't find enough info on them .
Back to top Go down
lej
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptySat Jul 07 2012, 22:55

It would be great if they are legit because they have a good selection of items. And the pricing is not suspiciously cheap so it sounds reasonable. Perhaps too reasonable. But maybe we are just way too suspicious due to the dreadful plethora of fake sites/sellers.

I notice they sell Mitchell and Ness snapback script caps. I chose one and at the cart it is £19.99 in total...no stupid delivery charges putting the price up to £36 for a cap. Perhaps this is suspicious. But at £19.99 it is maybe a risk worth taking. If it is a genuine Mitchell and Ness cap then I am sure it is a legit site selling genuine merchandise surely...and if it is a dodgy site I will have found out for only a £20 loss rather than a £80 loss by buying a fake jersey. Maybe its worth biting the bullet...
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptySat Jul 07 2012, 23:01

I'm waiting for a response to my email. Will post as soon as I get one.
Back to top Go down
AllAmericanSports

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyMon Jul 09 2012, 17:14

I can tell you one thing, the NFL are not aware of it as you arent officially allowed to use "NFL" in the store URL unless you are run by the NFL. This I know for a fact as I went through the whole routine when I started my store.

So though they are definatelly unofficial, they are using the NFL Logo without license or permission and the NFL trademark name again without permission. So thats a bad start!!

They have a phone number for the USA and the UK which would lead me to believe that they are US based... otherwise why have a US phone number??

We'll await the official word from Billsfan, but I think the jury is out on this one.... especially when the NFLUK get a hold on them.
Back to top Go down
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyMon Jul 09 2012, 19:53

I e mailed they guy that runs the overseas orange army and he recommended this store to me.
I asked him if there jerseys were genuine ,he told me he bought a reebok jersey which came with tags on and name and numbers stiched.
On his site he was selling this http://www.overseasorangearmy.co.uk/shop/4559949387/Champ-Jersey/2768908

The site may be legit but I get the feeling it's not and I would not risk it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyMon Jul 09 2012, 23:16

I am still waiting for a response to the email I sent on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyWed Jul 11 2012, 00:58

The Champ Bailey is definitely fake. I'm not sure if the guy you were speaking to bought from the site you are querying, but if he did, steer clear of it.

As has already been said, the stock pics are impossible to judge anything by. Matt's point about the licensing would make me pretty weary though. The pricing structure seems strange though. Looking at the Nike jerseys, the game jerseys are over-priced, but the Elite's are cheap in comparison.

I would definitely hold off for the time being anyway.
Back to top Go down
chaidinar

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyThu Jul 12 2012, 02:30

Doesn't look legit IMO. I also sent an email, and will post if they respond to me.
Back to top Go down
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyMon Jul 16 2012, 19:35

This store is not legit,the guy from the nfl uk site who bought a jersey from there said its fake and another guy also has bought from there and also said his jersey was a fake.
Stay away from this store.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk EmptyMon Jul 16 2012, 21:53

Thanks for the update Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nfl merchandise uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nfl merchandise uk   Nfl merchandise uk Empty

Back to top Go down

Nfl merchandise uk
Page 1 of 1