NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nike Limited Jersey's?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rpd123

Nike Limited Jersey's? Empty
PostSubject: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyTue Oct 09 2012, 23:23

Hey all, I'm new here. I just had a few questions about the Nike Limited jersey. I can never seem to find info anywhere on it, there's only stuff about the Elite or Game jersey's. I'd like to know how it actually differs from the Elite jersey. All anyone ever does is post the descriptions from the Nike website which doesn't help much because the only thing that is actually listed different is the fact that Limited isn't water resistant. So if you were to compare an Elite and Limited, how would they differ. Different quality in stitching, are some things screen printed, etc.

I also wanted to know if anyone tries to counterfeit Limited jersey's. Reason being is because I just got an RG3 jersey and I'm fairly certain it is limited, but I don't know and think it could be a fake. Just don't see why anyone would fake a Limited when they could pass it off as an Elite and get more money. Thanks for the help. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 07:53

Welcome to the forum,

Nawlins bought a limited and shared his thoughts on it here
http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t3002-sproles-nike-limited-pics-fit

If you are familiar with the Reebok ranges then Nike has followed them but the game and limited seem to be better than their Reebok counterparts. The limited has a single twill number that is printed with the other colour layers, if the team has them, the elite has kiss cut numbers. The Flywire on the limited is a representation of the Flywire where the elite has the real thing and the elite has heavier material and zoned mesh areas for heat transfer.

As for the RG3 we'd need to see some pictures to be able to authenticate it for you.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
rpd123

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 12:51

Thanks, Billsfan. I appreciate the help. I'm pretty familiar with the Reebok jerseys, but I'm late to the game with these Nike ones. I do have a game jersey that I compared to with a replica jersey and it's definitely a lot better.

Thanks for the differences between Elite and Limited and the link. Something I noticed, do Elite jersey's have a numbered size, while the Limited have just a small, medium, large sizing? After seeing this stuff, I think my RG3 may be a fake. It looks more like an Elite than a Limited but there are some things that concern me about it. It was a gift and it's pretty nice for a fake if it is one. I'll upload some pictures later today. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 14:19

Yes the Elite uses a number size code while the game and limited use letter size codes.
Back to top Go down
rpd123

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 20:54

I took some pictures of the RG3 jersey. Sorry, they're not as good as some of the jersey pictures I've seen here (like the Manning one on the home page).

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01810

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01710

The flywire looks a bit suspect to me. And the shield and stitching on it seem a bit off.

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01110

Nike Limited Jersey's? 00910

This worries me. I thought that the Redkskins had blockier letters here (at least they did on the Reebok jerseys). Even if this is how they are now, the fact that the letters connect doesn't seem right.

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01310

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01910

The embroidery seems good to me. Don't know if that's how Nike does it, but it looks nice either way.

Nike Limited Jersey's? 02010

Nike Limited Jersey's? 01610

I did test out the waterproofing on the side panels and it is in fact waterproof. The water forms little beads and pools up but will sink in if after a while if you don't wipe it away.

So what do you think? It's a nice jersey, but I don't know if it's legit. The numbers aren't shiny or bubbly at all and I heard that counterfeiters typically couldn't reproduce the rubber shield, not sure if that's still the case.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 22:08

No it's not legit. The counterfeiters have made the rubber shield, but Nike sew it n better than that one. The jock tag should be laser cut and the size number should be raised not flat like that. Also there shouldn't be the thread lines in 'REDSKINS'
Back to top Go down
rpd123

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 22:53

That's what I thought. Thanks for the help Billsfan.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 22:57

You're welcome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rpd123

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyWed Oct 10 2012, 23:08

Do you have any Elite jersey's by any chance? Just wondering where you get yours. I have no idea where to get one. On the NFL website they only have 2 players for the Skins, one of whom is Cooley and he's not even on the team anymore. And all the sporting goods stores just have Game jerseys. I guess I could just go with the custom jersey route.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyThu Oct 11 2012, 07:15

I don't have any Elites at the moment. I think the custom route is the only way at the moment, the release of Cooley was a bit of a surprise by all accounts, even the Skins proshop only has his and Kerrigan Elites.
Back to top Go down
rpd123

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? EmptyThu Oct 11 2012, 13:35

Yeah I was a surprised by the Cooley Elite. Would've liked to get an Orakpo or Moss jersey. I'll just pay the extra fifty and get the custom one. Thanks again for all your help Billsfan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jersey's?   Nike Limited Jersey's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nike Limited Jersey's?
Page 1 of 1