NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium Empty
PostSubject: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 17:55

Well it's taken me just over a week to get over my jet lag, sort out my case, try to find everything that my dear lady wife has moved to a different place in the house while I was away and get my photo's uploaded, but I'm finally ready to put fingers to keyboard (used to be pen to paper didn't it?) and share my first home game of the Buffalo Bills, my team of 26 years, at Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, New York. Now one thing you need to know about me is, I hate my picture taken. I'm no Brad Pitt, more like Pitt Bull, so I'm sorry to have to subject you to photo's of me grinning like the village idiot.

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2964

I'd spent a week in L.A. with my sister, her husband and their 9 week old daughter and flew to Buffalo via Philly, getting delayed for two hours due to bad weather. The entertainment was provided by the man over from me who went at the biggest cockroach I've ever seen like a demented Michael Flatley, feet like a blur. Once the thing was dead we all settled down again. Once I arrived in Buffalo I couldn't find the number for the hotel shuttle bus, so I jumped into a cab. The driver, who was in his 60's, after asking why I was in town, proceeded to regale me with stories of his past life as a car repairshop owner, friend to a fella with a bullet lodged in his brain and a drug smuggler. We finally arrived at the hotel in downtown Buffalo at 03.30am, to which he said, "Shame the journey wasn't longer I've got some great Bills stories. I've had them all in the cab." Great, you knew I was in town for the Bills game but decided to tell me all about your drug smuggling past, instead of the OJ Simpson stories.
As I was being picked up at 11.00am by my friend John, I paid him and trotted off to my room.

John Picked me up and with his wife and two sons we headed off to Niagara Falls. For those of you who have not been, pretty awesome stuff.

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2949

After some Buffalo Wings for lunch and meeting the rest of John's family, who were very welcoming to a foreigner, it was back to the hotel as I was being picked up at 08.30am for tailgating!
Kevin picked me up in his truck which was piled high with BBQ equipment, beer and food. We arrived at the Ralph and it was already filling up with tailgaters.

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2959

We got set up and I was introduced to 'Beer pong' a great game for all the family, except those under-age. Which consists of throwing ping pong balls into beer filled cups, the winners being the ones who get the ball into the opponents cups and make them drink it first.

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2961

Then a couple of Buffalo Jills cheerleaders turned up, and well you have to have a photo, don't you?

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium F92644571f569c465e1be3f4bca815bd

Then I needed to go off to the Bills proshop to get some jerseys, it was on the other side of the stadium, so off I went. As Pete and I were walking towards the store we stopped at an access road on a crossing. A black Hummer stopped for us and I looked over to the driver to say thanks and it was the Bills #1 WR, Stevie Johnson, left my camera at the truck so no picture, damn it.
Picked up a road Fred Jackson game jersey for my 14 year old and a home CJ Spiller game jersey for my 8 year old and a Nike limited home Fred Jackson jersey for myself and a New era cap., Back to the tailgating and some football throwing and beer drinking.

Then it was game time!!
We made our way into the stadium and I walked down the tunnel to our seats

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2975

I'm finally at a Buffalo Bills home game!!!

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2977

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2967

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2996

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium SAM_2999

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium Ce74d2481d4ae0838436d0660d06d69f

Well we know what happened during the game, my Bills found yet another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, losing by one.

I wanted to say a huge thank you to John, his family, and Kevin for making my first home game such a memorable one.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 18:19

Awesome!
Sounds like you have a trip of a lifetime.
and way over due!
Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 20:20

Sounds like a great trip, looks like you had some good seats too.
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 21:43

way to go simon that was brilliant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 22:33

Great pics Si, glad you enjoyed your trip of a lifetime!

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 22:56

Chanse503 wrote:
Awesome!
Sounds like you have a trip of a lifetime.
and way over due!

Damn straight
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium EmptyMon Oct 29 2012, 22:57

JOHN_P wrote:
Sounds like a great trip, looks like you had some good seats too.

Yeah good seats, I got to see every damn Titans score of the first hałf in my endzone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium   My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium Empty

Back to top Go down

My homage to Ralph Wilson Stadium
Page 1 of 1