NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jerseys at games

Go down 
+3
cry_minarets458
Riptide09
Andyf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptySun Nov 18 2012, 20:32

Watched the Thursday night sky game and watching the cowboys game on gamepass, I can't believe how many people in the crowd are wearing obviously fake jerseys! Surely they must get laughed at for them!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptySun Nov 18 2012, 22:36

Nope, when I was at Ralph Wilson stadium along the side road there were tons of stalls selling fakes. There are more people out there that will buy fakes than not.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 11:46

Guessing they're more interested in saving a few $ than buying genuine jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 11:51

I've always been curious how many of those (who always seem to be a significant majority) are unaware that they're wearing fake jerseys, given the number of ripoff sites. I suspect a sizeable proportion.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 12:08

A lot of people just dont care. I could spend $26 on a fake but I feel 10x better spending more for a real jersey.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 13:32

I find it hard to believe that they just don't know when they must be in lots of shops over in America as the genuine article. Surely they must see enough genuine jerseys to spot the obvious differences? Some of them aren't even the right colours!
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 13:45

Yeah someone who is buying a fake has to have the common sense that its a fake. Do they really believe that someone is giving them a $224 discount??? If they sincerely believe that then I feel bad for them......kinda.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 20:50

Would be a cheaper life being happily clueless I suppose.... Lol
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptySun Nov 25 2012, 16:23

I'll probably buy a nice fake authentic jersey to just wear to games. If shit gets thrown on it or anything, who cares. I'd love to go see the Ravens play in Pittsburgh or NE, but odds are I'd end up with something on my jersey once I start to cheer. Not a stab against the fanbases, but there's always ONE asshole in the crowd lol
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptySun Nov 25 2012, 19:25

I always wear my authentics to games. Wearing a fake is just as good as advertising that you support the fake market. I see what youre saying though, its an expensive jersey and you dont want to get it messed up but its kind of like a car, you gotta let it get its first scratch before you can stop babying it.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptySun Nov 25 2012, 22:03

Not worth having something if you're going to be so scared of damaging it that you won't use it
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 26 2012, 05:43

I do agree that you can obviously tell a fake the pricing is ridiculous, but wouldn't quite say the jerseys are readily available. I live about an 1hr away from where the Ravens play and have only seen an authentic Ravens jersey in a store twice and have never seen anyone wearing a genuine one. And I don't know if some of my jerseys I would wear to an actual game.
Back to top Go down
GonzoTX9

GonzoTX9

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyMon Nov 26 2012, 19:47

cry_minarets458 wrote:
I'll probably buy a nice fake authentic jersey to just wear to games. If shit gets thrown on it or anything, who cares. I'd love to go see the Ravens play in Pittsburgh or NE, but odds are I'd end up with something on my jersey once I start to cheer. Not a stab against the fanbases, but there's always ONE asshole in the crowd lol

I wouldn't even do that, I rather I mess up my authentic jersey then to have a fake jersey on my back.

I rather wear a replic jersey or a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyTue Nov 27 2012, 04:58

I can see why someone wouldn't wear their authentic to a game, but most fake jerseys just look awful. I've bought fakes in the past, when I was younger and before I knew they were fake, but I will not set foot out the house in them now. Nor do I even take them off the hanger in my closet. Like Gonzo, I'd much rather just wear a t-shirt. However, when I went to the Skins and Vikings game this year, I did not see one real jersey in the Stadium or parking lot.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyTue Nov 27 2012, 10:05

Maybe replicas would be a good alternative just for game then. That's probably why nike call their replicas 'game' jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games EmptyTue Nov 27 2012, 10:12

I wore a fake to paint the house in. It was great for soaking up the paint splashes and did an excellent job of going in the bin once I'd finished.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Jerseys at games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys at games   Jerseys at games Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerseys at games
Page 1 of 1