NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) Empty
PostSubject: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptyFri Jan 11 2013, 01:06

Yes I am a Saints fan, but I'm also a New Orleans native Peyton Manning fan as well. I wanted somethin' different, and this jersey most certainly is just that. I REALLY REALLY like this Denver Broncos Orange color! As you'll see in the following pics I took them in different lighting, and in different rooms. When I did this the orange color changes hues impressively (especially in person). I think it's pretty cool, and since it caught my eye in person I tried to capture it the best way I could on camera. They didn't come out too bad, but this jersey is a MUST SEE in person! It's also cut a little differently than the other Elites which makes it drape somewhat better, and feels nice too...that's why I added some pics of me wearing it as well. Also, if you don't yet have an Elite, but are thinking of getting one you can see how a 44 fits on me (5'8", 200 lbs.) "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1891_zps8daab3e4

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1883_zps948c4b78-1_zpsd255e7ca

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1782_zps167b79ba

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1887_zpsc621ee02

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1779_zpsed3b0e26

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1780_zpsea0cc952

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1766_zps02b7acdc

*As you can see the numbers/letters ARE kiss cut unlike the original Manning that's posted on this site which I'm assuming was a custom job considering the type of stitching/double layer twill. The kiss cut style IS what Nike calls "flexible twill numbers", and ALL factory Nike Elite jerseys are kiss cut (except for jerseys w/ single layer numbers).

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1773_zps7d3a8308

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1781_zps5f6f0c00

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1885_zpsfafe17b3

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1830_zps9f5c3965

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1783_zpsfc5e9b43

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1810_zpsfff64fef

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1828_zps68aac2fe

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1825_zps4ec9ebf2

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1764_zpsc28024f5
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptyFri Jan 11 2013, 01:32

That looks great and I really appreciate the excellent write up.
Seeing the photos of the fit exactly what I needed to see as well, looks like a 44 would be ideal for me as well.
The noob in me is still having a hard time understanding what the various sewing executions are though. "Kiss cut" versus "Stitching/double layer twill?"
Also considering you do own the custom and the retail one execution. Is there a different texture to the touch on the numbers used?

Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptyFri Jan 11 2013, 03:05

Notice here that there is a layer of twill sewn to the jersey which becomes the outside color of the number(in this case white). The top layer twill(this case gold) is cut a fraction smaller, and sewn on top of the bottom layer. So the outside color(white) is a whole piece of twill on the bottom. This double layer is not too flexible, and is noticeably heavier when compared to kiss cut. And yes the twill material is thicker and has a different texture than what's used for kiss cut to answer your other question. It carries a heavier shine/sheen, and tends to have a texture I really can't explain. This is known as the DOUBLE LAYER CONSTRUCTION (Reebok Era):
"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1627_zps75ee7425

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1631_zpsccc91f6b

The twill's texture used for kiss cut does not have a shiny sheen like the twill previously used by Reebok. It's more matte w/ a smoother texture generally consisting of diagonal lines of texture if you will. The type of twill material used is lighter, more flexible, and is used for the number's "main color". The outside color(s) outlining/surrounding the number are a thin cut twill primarily used to stitch to the jersey, and on top of the twill used for the number. This makes the number(s) as pliable as the jersey itself! Examples of KISS CUT:
"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1870_zpsb945f00d

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1859_zpsf0db2f27

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) IMG_1835_zpsaed553d0

I HOPE this helps, and IF you have any more questions hit me up!

Last edited by NawlinsSaints504 on Fri Jan 11 2013, 08:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptyFri Jan 11 2013, 03:24

Ride on buddy!
I just learned something!
Thanks a ton, MUCH appreciated!
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptyFri Jan 11 2013, 04:13

Glad I could help Chanse! As for me I prefer kiss cut, so I'm glad Nike took that step to make their jerseys "lighter".

That "double layer" black Saints jersey I gave you as an example was a "customized" jersey from NFL Shop. I paid extra and waited longer for them to send me the wrong twill type, and wrong color gold constructed in double layer. (That's THREE obvious mistakes!) It was apparently done from an outside source which I'm pretty sure assembled Reebok jerseys, and they're using old twill. I sent NFL Shop an email about this issue, and mentioned all these details along w/ my discontent. They responded by letting me know they opened a "case" in order to confirm the info I provided. I'm waiting to see what they're gonna do.

Sorry, but my ranting was to let you and/or ANYone else know that IF they want to order a "customized" Nike jersey from NFL Shop, or wherever, and they want a true Nike Elite kiss cut jersey...don't get customized as of yet b/c you WILL get the THREE mistakes I previously mentioned! SO either order what player(s) are available, OR do like what Nike suggested to me when I spoke w/ 'em..."the Elite jerseys are still a brand new item, but over time we(Nike) will be releasing new players in the future; there's no specific time/release dates, so please check back from time to time."

Either exude some patience, or maybe Nike will find a company to do things properly...we shall see! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lej
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptySat Jan 12 2013, 15:11

Nice jersey and excellent pics and details...
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 01:30

Nice man! Its hard to not be a Peyton Manning fan. Guy works hard as hell at what he does.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 02:04

Nice jersey Nawlins, looks good on you. Good job explaining 'kiss cut' too. Shame Manning us out of the hunt now. I would have loved to see him win the Lombardi this year.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 07:27

Yea I SO didn't see that comin'! With 11 straight wins, home field advantage, and the Ravens 0-9 against Manning you'd figure a win...I guess they were due. It was a real good game though, double OT! Would've been nice to see him play for the Lombardi in his hometown...sux No
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) EmptySun Jan 13 2013, 08:42

I cant believe the Broncos lost either. I wouldve loved to see them go to the Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)   "Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut) Empty

Back to top Go down

"Orange Crush" Peyton Manning Elite (kiss cut)
Page 1 of 1