NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!

Go down 
+3
j-bigs
Riptide09
Billsfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
j-bigs
Rookie
Rookie
j-bigs

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! Empty
PostSubject: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptySun Feb 17 2013, 21:10

I'm not sure if Ray Rice knows this, but there was another Baltimore running back using the "Hey Diddle Diddle, [insert name here] Up The Middle" phrase loooong before him. That running back, of course, was No. 26 — Lydell Mitchell. Good ol' No. 32 is none other than Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis, who got the interception in the waning minutes of Super Bowl V, allowing Baltimore's rookie kicker Jim O'Brien to kick the game winning field goal. I've had the Lydell jersey for a few months, but the Mad Dog one arrived yesterday. Exciting!

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! F231bd45-04f3-42e1-8ddd-a7675a8442f4_zpsca625f84

Both of these jerseys were manufactured by Medalist Sand-Knit, and the Lydell jersey includes quite possibly the greatest jock tag in the history of professional football:

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! 106776b0-f6f5-4fb9-94b9-e5457058c41c_zpseaad82cf

While both are from the 1970s, (likely prior to 1979) I'm not quite sure which one is older. I haven't been able to nail down whether Medalist Sand-Knit transitioned from crew neck jerseys to V-necks, or V-neck jerseys to crew necks. Regardless, the Curtis jersey is a V-neck:

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! C98cc125-9a2a-42f7-b7cb-5932e9e6e9f5_zps5aee5ce7

And the Mitchell jersey is a crew neck:

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! Fe4f0dea-c7bb-4d15-8353-e33646d03b5e_zps0c4df2d9
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyMon Feb 18 2013, 00:26

Those are very very cool, nice one.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyMon Feb 18 2013, 18:50

Wow those are fantastic man. I love vintage jerseys!
Back to top Go down
j-bigs
Rookie
Rookie
j-bigs

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyTue Feb 19 2013, 17:56

Thanks, guys! Couldn't agree with you more, Riptide. Vintage is king!
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyTue Feb 19 2013, 19:49

Cannot get enough of these bad azz Sandknits.
These guys have the ideal fit for me too.
You have two perfect examples there--WTG.
Back to top Go down
victory20g
Rookie
Rookie
victory20g

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyWed Feb 20 2013, 05:25

Just amazing!!! those jerseys are older than I am and they look fresher then I do!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyThu Feb 21 2013, 03:34

victory20g wrote:
Just amazing!!! those jerseys are older than I am and they look fresher then I do!!!! Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyFri Feb 22 2013, 07:38

Crew necks to V-necks j-bigs. Most teams wore crew neck up until the late '70's. That Lydell Mitchell is on point man! It's been a while since I've seen a Sand-Knit like that, but I don't think I've ever seen one in such pristine condition...outstanding!
Back to top Go down
j-bigs
Rookie
Rookie
j-bigs

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! EmptyWed Mar 20 2013, 22:00

Chanse503 wrote:
Cannot get enough of these bad azz Sandknits.
These guys have the ideal fit for me too.
You have two perfect examples there--WTG.
Thanks, Chanse! I couldn't agree with you more. These suckers are legit. Keep wavin' that Sand-Knit banner, my man!
victory20g wrote:
LOL, victory, you got me crackin' up over here.
NawlinsSaints504 wrote:
Crew necks to V-necks j-bigs. Most teams wore crew neck up until the late '70's. That Lydell Mitchell is on point man! It's been a while since I've seen a Sand-Knit like that, but I don't think I've ever seen one in such pristine condition...outstanding!
Good to know, Nawlins! Always learnin' something new... And thanks for the kind words! They're in such nice condition, I'm almost afraid to wear 'em too often haha. Gotta keep these puppies fresh!

(And sorry for the delayed response, y'all... It's been a rough month. I lost an uncle who was very near and dear to my heart. In fact, it was he, along with my father, who initially sparked my interest in sports collecting. We also shared a deep love of history and music. Rest in peace, THABR! Let your memory live on in our mutual passions...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!   More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S! Empty

Back to top Go down

More vintage love for Baltimore. C-O-L-T-S!
Page 1 of 1