NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey Empty
PostSubject: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyThu Feb 28 2013, 03:50

Pretty excited I got this for so cheap. Here's the link to the auction

http://bit.ly/Xc7nUK
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 01 2013, 04:09

I hope it's legit man. Some of the other stuff isn't and that's the second auction for that jersey that sold with the same pics. Please post pics when you get it.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 01 2013, 10:01

I thought pumas weren't bootlegged but damn that'd really disappoint me. I wasn't in the market for a jersey but couldn't pass the deal up. I thought I was past getting burnt on eBay. Ill put up pics when I receive it though.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 02 2013, 02:22

I hope it is legit as well. I had a Puma Barry Sanders jersey from ebay, the puma had a tiny tread connecting the cat and the word PUMA and the NFL Badge was crooked so I guess it was fake, plus the numbers always seemed to get dirty just from sitting in the closet, and thats only every happened to the fakes I've had. Never on a real jersey..
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyWed Mar 06 2013, 20:49

OK the jersey arrived, I will post pictures later but here are my impressions:

First of all it was advertised as a 2xl, and this jersey is a 56. I can let that go.

The jersey appears to be a puma blank, however on the inside of the jersey near the bottom where there is usually a puma tag it just has a made in Berlin, WI tag. I know jerseys were made there, but my other 3 puma jerseys have the puma logo.

there's no neck tag. A little suspicious, but maybe it itched somebody

the jersey has some weight to it, and as I said before it does APPEAR to be an authentic puma blank

the numbers are AWFUL. Paper thin, almost a shiny striped consistency like a panthers or seahawks authentic would have, but they are very wrinkled and very light weight.

my guess is this was a crappy custom job of an authentic jersey. I will probably not wear it for more than just hanging around.

I am disappointed, but I basically paid 40 bucks for an authentic blank lions jersey.

I am going to have to shop around and see if i can find a place that can remove these numbers and put some quality ones on.

just to reiterate, the most concern I have is with the Berlin, WI tag on the bottom of the jersey on the inside part. Any light that can be shed on this will be great
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyWed Mar 06 2013, 22:11

Berlin WI is where Ripon made all the team jerseys. You see those on team issued and gamers.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyWed Mar 06 2013, 22:17

I'm confused then because this has all of the puma tagging on the outside but on the inside there's no neck tag and just the Berlin, wi tag on the bottom seam of the jersey where the spandex attaches to the mesh. The numbers are def a hacked custom job though. This jersey has me scratching my head
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyThu Mar 07 2013, 02:08

The way you described the numbers sound like they were on the Lions jersey I had except mine were thin.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyThu Mar 07 2013, 02:09

I just kinda feel like far too many of the Puma Barry Sanders jerseys are on ebay for them to be real.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyThu Mar 07 2013, 03:42

Mine are thin too. The numbers look like garbage. The jersey itself looks on point though. I will post pictures when I'm home.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyThu Mar 07 2013, 03:44

Ohhh I am sorry I meant to say my numbers were thick. But they had that same look as the seahawks and panthers jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 00:49

Yeah I think that might be accurate though in your case. Is your jersey legit or counterfeit though?

Also does anybody know of what type of place I'd have to seek out to have these numbers and letters removed and replaced with accurate ones? I live in NJ so I'm sure there's a place around here I can find but I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 01:58

I don't have the jersey anymore, but I think it was counterfeit, because the NFL Shield was crooked, the Puma word and Puma symbol had connecting threads and the jerseys got orange stains on the numbers while just sitting in the closet and only counterfeit jerseys have ever done that when I owned them.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 03:03

Post pics!
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 17:30

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91475986@N06/sets/72157632950153704/
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 23:34

I don't think it's fake, just taken care of poorly.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 23:51

I feel like the blank is an authentic, however, I also feel like the numbers were an incorrect custom job... does anybody else have a detroit lions puma jersey from this era on here I can compare with?
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptyFri Mar 08 2013, 23:52

also if you notice, the numbers seem awfully prone to collecting lint

edit: I did find this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Lions-Bryant-Westbrook-Pro-Cut-Jersey-Sz-52-Berlin-WI-Puma-Ripon-USA-RARE-/271168395765?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f22e559f5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herman-Moore-Authentic-Puma-Detroit-Lions-NFL-Jersey-1999-Throwback-50-/200903458634?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec6c77f4a

...numbers look to be the same as mine

Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 00:26

pics of mine are here at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 00:34

funny i was the one commenting on that thread lol... those detailed pics look exactly like mine do... except yours looks to be in way better condition. I think you're right, I think what i have is a poorly cared for authentic.

how do the numbers feel on yours though? mine feel like theres absolutely no firmess to it. almost like 2 t shirts sewn on top of each other lol, because i can easily crumple up the numbers with my hand. This may be a result of too much washing though.

on a side note, do you have any giants jerseys you're interested in selling or trading? I'm a giants fan, and it seems like they are the hardest authentics to find at a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 00:46

The thing is about dazzle twill, when it gets washed a billion times, it loses it's stiffness and gets all flimsy. I got mine new and only hand wash my jerseys so it's still stiff.

I don't have any Giants I'm willing to part with right now.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 00:52

damn... I have a tyrone wheatley wilson jersey im in love with, but its way too small for me (50) so unfortunately I've never even gotten to wear it. I would definitely trade that for a 52 if you ever change your mind.

I am actually going to make an offer on a Dave Brown Apex jersey though (I have zero good memories of Dave Brown lol) but I am a fan of Retro jerseys, and it would be my first Apex jersey.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 01:31

Damn, a Wheatley would've been cool but a 50 is way too small for me too! I have a Dave Brown that I started stripping with plans on making it a Strahan.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 01:49

thats going to be awesome cant wait to see the finished product... who do you use to do your stitching? and where do you get the retro style numbers and letters from?
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey EmptySat Mar 09 2013, 01:54

There's a sports store here in Staten Island that I bring my stuff to. The 90's Giants used a standard font so it's easy for them to match it. For specialized stuff, I call STT in Seattle.
They do the Mariners and Seahawks. They made me a nameplate to turn a Shockey into a Cruz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey   Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Just picked up a Barry sanders puma jersey
Page 1 of 1