NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings

Go down 
+2
Billsfan
Bro KV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings Empty
PostSubject: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyTue Jan 07 2014, 07:58

http://brokv.wordpress.com

Comments? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyTue Jan 07 2014, 10:00

Excellent blog bro. I agree with much of your top ten, I would have them in a different order personally.
I think we can all agree on the jags! just terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyTue Jan 07 2014, 10:43

Really winds me up when people criticise any attempt at creating a new look jersey. Yeah in some cases the new look is worse than the original, but you can't make the exact same item for 100 years and expect every fan to buy at least one a year. Who's going to want 10 of the exact same jersey? It's a business and they make more money through changing designs, even if they do go back to the originals a few years later
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyTue Jan 07 2014, 22:48

Do you really think they can change every year and make good looking presentations? Just to go back to the one good jersey later? Waste of time and money if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyTue Jan 07 2014, 23:53

Interesting blog. I've never really thought about a full rank outside my top 10 or so. To each their own and all that but, in no particular order, my top 10 would be:

Bucs
Vikings
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Ravens
Chargers
49ers
Bengals
Steelers

Without batting an eye-lid, my worst would be the Browns and the Jets, with the Jaguars latest effort close behind. We're at differing ends of the spectrum with a lot of those, but I agree that the Jags' matte to gloss helmets are terrible and that the matte black would have been a much better option.

I see what you're saying nfloldham, but a team can change their unis without reverting to an original design and butchering the design at the same time. I hated it at first, but I love the Seahawks new style. I also like what the likes of the Vikings and Bills have done in recent years by somewhat reverting to their original styles, but with enough of a twist to make the unis modern and different.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyWed Jan 08 2014, 01:45

My football (European kind) team have a lot of people on the forum who every year claim that the club shouldn't change the kit at all and should keep it 100% the same, and then still expect the club to find the revenue from shirt sales. A change is needed to make some money, the change can't always be good, that's physically impossible, but a change is needed for revenue purposes
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyWed Jan 08 2014, 02:26

nfloldham wrote:
My football (European kind) team have a lot of people on the forum who every year claim that the club shouldn't change the kit at all and should keep it 100% the same, and then still expect the club to find the revenue from shirt sales. A change is needed to make some money, the change can't always be good, that's physically impossible, but a change is needed for revenue purposes

I see what you're saying, but there's a huge difference between NFL and European club football. Being Scottish, that is never more evident than in seeing the sorry state of Scottish football in recent years. Teams are constantly entering administration, dropping down divisions, and disappearing off the face of the planet.

10+ years ago, I'm sure the norm was a strip change every 2 years (minimum), but I have no problem with my team (Aberdeen) changing their strips on an annual basis, as is the norm now, just to remain "competitive" / in existence.

There is no comparison between 100 year old club football and the NFL franchise models, which make money hand over fist:

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

I'm guessing the Jaguars dramatic overhaul was down to the ownership change and Khan wanting to put his stamp on the team, rather than revenue generation.
Back to top Go down
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyWed Jan 08 2014, 20:08

Yeah but the point still stands that teams will make a lot from changes. How many nike jerseys did we all buy last season? And how many extra jerseys will the Vikes dolphins and jags have sold this year?
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptySun Jan 12 2014, 09:24

I'm actually curious how many 2013 Nike jerseys members here have bought.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptySun Jan 12 2014, 16:33

Bro KV wrote:

I currently have 7 Nike Elites, but I bought 6 of them from eBay. Only 1 was bought from NFLshop.com, but that was in 2012 (when the Elites were new and there were basically none out there for resale). I previously had another 3 which I sold in the last 6 months or so. I do like the Nike Elites, but they're not worth $250 (or $300 for customization).

I did try and find out if Nike or the NFL released sales figures, but they apparently keep that information private. The only thing they publish is rankings of which players' jerseys were most popular, but no numbers attached.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 11:03

RJ3000 wrote:
Bro KV wrote:

I currently have 7 Nike Elites, but I bought 6 of them from eBay. Only 1 was bought from NFLshop.com, but that was in 2012 (when the Elites were new and there were basically none out there for resale). I previously had another 3 which I sold in the last 6 months or so. I do like the Nike Elites, but they're not worth $250 (or $300 for customization).

I did try and find out if Nike or the NFL released sales figures, but they apparently keep that information private. The only thing they publish is rankings of which players' jerseys were most popular, but no numbers attached.

Have you seen my thread on the elite comparisons?

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t3775-nike-elite-comparison

I'd like to hear comments from you and Billsfan if you guys have time.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptySun Feb 02 2014, 13:32

I have 3 elites. A Jets Tebow, a Giants Manning and a Dolphins Bush.

I like the quality on them but they are very stiff compared to the Reebok jerseys.

Last edited by mrhead2k on Mon Feb 03 2014, 23:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
concertjoey
Rookie
Rookie
concertjoey

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings EmptySun Feb 02 2014, 22:40

if you buy a game or limited, the elites are worth it. you cant compare and elite to a game jersey.. they are expensive but are kinda close to what they wear on sundays. the game or limited are almost nothing like what they wear on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings   My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

My 2013 NFL Uniform Rankings
Page 1 of 1