NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nfl replica jersey question

Go down 
+2
Runnings
lissy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lissy
Rookie
Rookie
lissy

Nfl replica jersey question Empty
PostSubject: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyWed Feb 17 2010, 13:25

Hi, this is a bit of a weird question but anyway...

I was just wondering whether the nfl replica jerseys wear out fast... like do they get worn out and look tatty after a few washes or are they just as good quality as any other tshirt... ive heard people saying that after just a few washes the numbers peel off and it looks rubbish... is that really the case??

I plan on wearing my jersey regularly but i want to know whether itll start falling apart within a few weeks...

Smile
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyWed Feb 17 2010, 13:43

As with any Screen print I think it is heat they don't like, people throw the replica in the washing machine on the normal setting and perhaps tumble dry aswell and that causes problems.

I have replica that are still looking good by just cold setting and leaving to dry itself
Back to top Go down
danstocks
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyWed Feb 17 2010, 17:31

I don't think reebok replicas wear out quickly at all. My is don't tumble dry them and hang them up don't fold them up in a drawer.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyWed Feb 17 2010, 21:19

There will be some wear and tear over the life of a replica, they don't last as long as the authentic's. Follow the instructions, wash on a cold wash and never put an iron near the printing.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
lissy
Rookie
Rookie
lissy

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyThu Feb 18 2010, 12:27

Thanks guys...

I just wanted to make sure that my beautiful saints jersey wont get ruined too quickly...

Reebok usually makes good stuff though so i wouldnt expect it to wear too quickly...

thanks again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyTue Mar 02 2010, 21:56

Yeah the print on Reebok replicas seem to hold up pretty well if you follow the washing instructions (much better than on replicas I bought in the 90's). The only wear to the lettering on mine are to the numbers on the back where they've rubbed against chairs, coats etc But that is barely noticeable.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 01:25

A few things...

I always allow my jerseys to air dry; replica and authentic / game worn.

The game worn I only wash in Oxy-Clean, as it leaves no fragrance, but does a great job bringing out the colors.

Authentic and game worn jerseys, I will wash in hot water; whites especially, unless they are either dark enough or red, then I wash them in warm or cold.

Replicas, you're better off washing in cold water and always air-dry. No dryer, as it will take it's toll on the screen print.

Some authentics and game wotn jerseys have screen printing. Use your best judgement per the gauge of screening. Some teams or specifications call for a heavy screen. If that's the case, those are generally safe to dry in a dryer. If you can see fabric through the screening, air dry is best.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nfl replica jersey question   Nfl replica jersey question Empty

Back to top Go down

Nfl replica jersey question
Page 1 of 1