NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The best game in the world.....period..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

The best game in the world.....period.. Empty
PostSubject: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 01:02

We alll know Football is the greatest game on earth, but who else has played the game?

I started playing in 1992 for my local youth two touch team. Many years later iam still playing for the Lincolnshire Bombers in BAFL div 2. We have not won a game for over a year, but keep going through love of the game!

Ive played for many other teams in the local area. I love ANYTHING to do with football!!

At 33, my knees and shoulders are begining to feel a bit of wear and ttear, but will give it a few more years!! LOL lol!

Anyone else played the best sport in the world???
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 01:05

I have a mass collection of my "game worn jerseys ", if anyone interested. Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 03:10

I really wish I'd tried my hand at American Football. My biggest regret about my time at Lancaster University (I've even said so in a job interview) was that I never tried out for the uni's Football team.

I was too busy drinking etc in my first year Rolling Eyes so I didn't sign up.
In my second year I thought I had too much work to do to be able to play.

And in my third year I realised my 2nd year was a piece of piss compared to what I had to contend with now.

Hence I never joined the Lancaster Bombers (who I gather were fairly decent while I was at uni). Two years after leaving I really really wish I'd put my name down in that first year
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 08:13

danevaliant wrote:
I really wish I'd tried my hand at American Football. My biggest regret about my time at Lancaster University (I've even said so in a job interview) was that I never tried out for the uni's Football team.

I was too busy drinking etc in my first year Rolling Eyes so I didn't sign up.
In my second year I thought I had too much work to do to be able to play.

And in my third year I realised my 2nd year was a piece of piss compared to what I had to contend with now.

Hence I never joined the Lancaster Bombers (who I gather were fairly decent while I was at uni). Two years after leaving I really really wish I'd put my name down in that first year

Its never too late lol. Theres loads of teams in your area.
Lancashire Wolverines, Chester Romans, Manchester Titans.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 09:32

I've dabbled in the world of gridiron in my time. I tried out for the Greenwich Rams youth team, wasn't a very good lineman back in those days and went on tour as a WR with the British Bulldogs to Denmark a long time ago. Now I'm too old and work shifts which mean I wouldn't be able to give it a 100%.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 09:51

Billsfan wrote:
went on tour as a WR with the British Bulldogs to Denmark a long time ago.

That was nt the 1992-93 tour was it??
Do you know Dave Quincey? He used to organise these tours and is a good friend of mine? afro
Back to top Go down
RedskinsNo.1
Starter
Starter
RedskinsNo.1

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 10:11

I tried out for Gateshead Senators last year and found i was too unfit so ever since i have been working on improving my fitness with a view to going back
Back to top Go down
http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. EmptySun Jun 29 2008, 10:22

RedskinsNo.1 wrote:
I tried out for Gateshead Senators last year and found i was too unfit so ever since i have been working on improving my fitness with a view to going back

Good side Gateshead, i know a few old players from there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best game in the world.....period..   The best game in the world.....period.. Empty

Back to top Go down

The best game in the world.....period..
Page 1 of 1