NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?

Go down 
+5
JoeDGemma
thederivative
Chris2k
Owenny
Nightwish
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Empty
PostSubject: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 01:17

Here's an Adrian Peterson jersey I bought. I've gotten 21 jerseys from this guy and have always been happy with the quality (heavy material, lasts a long time), but I have always wondered if they were real. Thanks for any help!

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0431
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0432
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0433
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0434
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0435
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0439
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0440
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0442

Back to top Go down
Nightwish
Rookie
Rookie
Nightwish

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 01:48

Sorry to tell you that it's a fake, the shiny numbers being the easiest giveaway.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 02:47

oh good lord thats bad.
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 03:20

JoeDGemma wrote:
oh good lord thats bad.

Why? Any explanation would be appreciated. It's honestly the most annoying thing on the internet when someone says something incredibly negative without giving reasons behind it... I suspected they were fake, but just would like to know what gives it away

As for the Shiny, I was taking the pictures in my eBay thing that's supposed to make my items look shiny lol (NOT jerseys, I have never sold a jersey on eBay). I have received other ones that are not shiny and not bubbled at all, and have some photos of them in different lighting. I'll post a Suh below.

Last edited by thederivative on Tue Oct 25 2011, 03:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 03:44

Here's a Suh jersey.. AS you can tell, not shiny and not bubbled. Anything here that would scream fake?

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0446
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0447
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0450
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 04:35

Easiest way to tell is with the NFL collar tag and the jocktag at the bottom of the front of the jersey mate.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 04:41

Welcome to the forum.

With respect to the Peterson, there are a number of easy ways to tell (click my pictures to enlarge):

1) As already, noted the numbers are shiny and bubbly. Regardless of the setting on your camera, there shouldn't be a mirror effect, or the bubbling. Here's my Favre for comparison. Note the numbers are matt white, and totally flat (I don't have any zoomed photos, but you should get the idea):

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_purple

2) The NFL Equipment badge on the collar is a dead giveaway. Note the edges are scrappy, and the ball looks nothing look a genuine one. There are variations of this, depending on the era of jersey, but yours is a counterfeit version of the following:

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_P1000314

3) There shouldn't be trailing threads on the Reebok vector logo:

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_P1000281

4) The Vikings logo is poorly done, and doesn't have the white edging:

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_purple2

5) The jocktag is incorrect. There are very subtle differences when you compare it to a legit one. Check the football on the left and the red and white NFLPA logo on the right:

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_P1000317

The Suh is definitely fake also. The Lions have never made jerseys with spandex sides. Compare it to my Stafford and you should be able to see - it should be a mesh to mesh seam up the side:

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Th_P1000386

The "0" also looks strangely shaped as it looks to get wider towards the bottom, but then that may just be how the Lions numbers are cut. Either way, it's definitely fake.

That's too bad that you've bought 21 jerseys from this guy before you found this out. I think it's safe to assume that if these 2 are fake, then the rest will be also. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hopefully if you complain enough, you may be able to get at least some of your money back.[left]
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 17:13

Who did you buy them off??
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 23:09

Found a guy in Taiwan, got them for $20 each. For the cost, these were really well made and anyone I've got one for has always liked it, so I guess I don't really mind all that much.

For that price, I got more than what I was paying for considering many people pay $45+ for fakes. I see what you mean about the really subtle things though.

Thanks for the help... I don't suppose I could sell this off to anyone here then? xP
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Oct 25 2011, 23:21

thederivative wrote:
Found a guy in Taiwan, got them for $20 each. For the cost, these were really well made and anyone I've got one for has always liked it, so I guess I don't really mind all that much.

For that price, I got more than what I was paying for considering many people pay $45+ for fakes. I see what you mean about the really subtle things though.

Thanks for the help... I don't suppose I could sell this off to anyone here then? xP

I hope you're joking
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 00:22

mrhead2k wrote:

I hope you're joking

I think the "xP" implies that he is indeed joking.

Anyhow, I think you are going to be really hard pressed to find an Adrian Peterson, Ndamakong Suh, or any other hot player's jersey at a discount. You're more likely to find Joey Harrington, Roy/Mike Williams, Troy Williamson, Daunte Culpepper, etc. jerseys.

Jerseys are discounted either because

1.) Someone ordered a lot more of the jersey than their play/popularity warranted
2.) Someone is getting rid of old jerseys from their collections (traded/cut players)
3.) The jersey is being replaced by a new design.
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 00:34

Yes, that was a joke. And yeah, like I said, I got what I paid for. I was generally happy with the quality though, so I didn't really mind. Perhaps I'll consider getting a real jersey one of these days.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 00:45

jdpesn has a Warren Moon 94 jersey here You could also, if you know how, take advantage of his blank jersey

chuckfoprez has a Fran Tarkenton Mitchell and Ness here.

stonesbcool has a Daunte Culpepper available here.

It is my understanding that these are all legit sellers, though my expertise is not at the level of BillsFan.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 01:40

thederivative wrote:
JoeDGemma wrote:
oh good lord thats bad.

Why? Any explanation would be appreciated. It's honestly the most annoying thing on the internet when someone says something incredibly negative without giving reasons behind it... I suspected they were fake, but just would like to know what gives it away

As for the Shiny, I was taking the pictures in my eBay thing that's supposed to make my items look shiny lol (NOT jerseys, I have never sold a jersey on eBay). I have received other ones that are not shiny and not bubbled at all, and have some photos of them in different lighting. I'll post a Suh below.
Okay listen, i get what youre saying, but come on. Where do I start.

The holes on the actual mesh seem too large, something I've never seen really before. The purple is off. The yellow is off. The shield looks bad. The font looks bad. It looks cut really goofy. It looks really shiny. The Viking logo looks weird. Its just bad. This is one of the worst jerseys I've seen asked to be confirmed or denied being a fake. It's just so obvious. I think you knew that anyway, seeing as you bought them for 20 dollars off of a guy from Taiwan. And I also don't get why people are please with these fakes and defend them. The money you spend supports illegal activity, and I think when I see people wearing them, they look like cheap morons who don't know anymore about the NFL than my mom. But hey, thats just me.
Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? 68536_o
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 02:03

Thanks for the links to the jerseys, I'll check them out.

As for some of your comments, I just didn't seem to take very good photos I think. The lighting was really off (I took these photos at night which makes a BIG difference), which made the purple and yellow way darker - they are definitely the correct colors (I agree, those WOULD be dead giveaways... but then I wouldn't have to come on here, would I?)

As for the holes, once again it's probably the camera angle and zoom since they are the properly sized holes. You've probably never seen pictures that big either when looking at jerseys, and if you have then they have one hell of a camera.

As for the cut and logo, those are right also and definitely not hand made. (Save the back logo, which is missing the white embroidered outline that DR pointed out). So I don't know where you're coming from on those.

AS FOR everything else, yes, there are giveaways. But then again, they are either small, or it would take someone who actually knows jerseys to figure it out (not many people other than jersey heads will know of shiny vs. plain, for example). Thus, the point of fakes - to LOOK "exactly" like it, without the cost.

That's where I'm coming from anyways. Belows a pic that might clarify color and holes, but once again it was taken at night and lighting is really tricky when you want proper colors.

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? CIMG0452
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 02:15

thederivative wrote:

As for the cut and logo, those are right also and definitely not hand made. (Save the back logo, which is missing the white embroidered outline that DR pointed out). So I don't know where you're coming from on those.
That Viking logo is stitched really poorly, and it looks like he's got some sort of disability to me. And the sleeves look a little too baggy to me and the torso a bit short. It's gonna be really hard for you to notice if you don't know what you're talking about, so yeah.

thederivative wrote:
But then again, they are either small, or it would take someone who actually knows jerseys to figure it out (not many people other than jersey heads will know of shiny vs. plain, for example). Thus, the point of fakes - to LOOK "exactly" like it, without the cost.
Aside from everything else, this is gonna be something I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on, and that's fine. I don't think it takes a guy who knows what he's talking about to know that the jersey is fake, and I don't think they look exactly like the real thing. I don't think they look sorta like the real thing either. I think they look way off. But if you are okay with wearing it, then go for it. I can't stop you. I can only let you know what is and isn't real. I could never bring myself to wear a fake jersey. I think they look dumb. But if you are willing to sacrifice quality for a lower price, then fine.
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 03:23

Yeah, I meant the front logo looked good while I understand the back had a minor error.

And coming from the viewpoint of the guy who didn't know much of anything before a couple weeks ago, my impressions were all good. Knowing what to look out for now, I can understand where you are coming from to a lesser extent. Thanks for the help everyone.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 03:43

thederivative wrote:
Yeah, I meant the front logo looked good while I understand the back had a minor error.

And coming from the viewpoint of the guy who didn't know much of anything before a couple weeks ago, my impressions were all good. Knowing what to look out for now, I can understand where you are coming from to a lesser extent. Thanks for the help everyone.

The thing to understand (which I'm sure you already know) is, you're in with the 99.9% of NFL fans. You just need to go to a game on a Sunday and most of the fans will be wearing (legit) replicas, or fake authentics - even though most don't realize it. They buy an "authentic" jersey on eBay and often don't even think (or care) that it could be fake. There are a lot of things which somebody who collects jerseys and / or has put in a lot of time to learn what to look for can identify, but if you don't have a basis for comparison or anybody to point these things out, how would you ever know for sure?

If you've gone to the trouble of questioning the jerseys on this forum, I'm guessing you have some intent to actually get some legit jerseys. I recommend you do. I think you'll only really appreciate the difference when you have the 2 side by side as photos will never do it justice.

It's all in the detail of the jerseys. Even with things like the rear Vikings logo, it's not just the fact there was no white surround on the fake. If you look at them closely, you can see that the fake is really scrappy in comparison.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyWed Oct 26 2011, 05:48

RJ3000 wrote:

The thing to understand (which I'm sure you already know) is, you're in with the 99.9% of NFL fans. You just need to go to a game on a Sunday and most of the fans will be wearing (legit) replicas, or fake authentics - even though most don't realize it. They buy an "authentic" jersey on eBay and often don't even think (or care) that it could be fake. There are a lot of things which somebody who collects jerseys and / or has put in a lot of time to learn what to look for can identify, but if you don't have a basis for comparison or anybody to point these things out, how would you ever know for sure?

If you've gone to the trouble of questioning the jerseys on this forum, I'm guessing you have some intent to actually get some legit jerseys. I recommend you do. I think you'll only really appreciate the difference when you have the 2 side by side as photos will never do it justice.

It's all in the detail of the jerseys. Even with things like the rear Vikings logo, it's not just the fact there was no white surround on the fake. If you look at them closely, you can see that the fake is really scrappy in comparison.

I think this is the key point. You can convince yourself that the fake is "close enough" in any number of ways... but when you see it next to the real thing, you begin to understand that it's not.

Also, be sure to check out StonesBCool's other items, including a legit Lions authentic Joey Harrington for ~$60.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyMon Oct 31 2011, 23:04

If you want the real thing, this is probably your best chance.

WindyCityWholesale has factory seconds available for $70 USD!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thederivative
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyMon Oct 31 2011, 23:17

jigokusabre wrote:

WindyCityWholesale has factory seconds available for $70 USD!!!!![/url]

Wait.. you think that's better than a fake? Those look awful to me. I wouldn't want an authentic jersey if all the numbers were sown on crooked and and the names were spelled incorrectly. As you guys say, they're cheap for a reason - as an eBay seller myself, I think those guys will have a problem on their hands when people don't scroll down their bible-length text and buy thinking the jerseys are first grade.

--

Also, I was watching TV last night and all the players had shiny, bubbled numbers on their jerseys (teams I remember like this were the Giants, Ravens, Cowboys, and Eagles). What gives? Definitely not matte white. I also saw a couple ads (Direct TV especially) and all the numbers were shiny and bubbled.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyMon Oct 31 2011, 23:19

Game cut jerseys are different pal. Take it from me, my fake polamalu looks great but compared to my tomlinson authentic its not a scratch. The materials feel so much nicer.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Nov 01 2011, 01:12

I really feel like you've just been trying to stick up for fake jerseys this whole time and under mind what we are telling you, and its starting to annoy me. Yeah, the players on the field aren't wearing authentic jerseys, they are game cut. Depending on game conditions, lighting, and after being used the whole game, sure they might get bubbled up and appear "shiny". If you think your fakes look good then fine but anybody who knows 2 things about NFL jerseys could see the difference.

/miffed
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Nov 01 2011, 03:05

I agree with Joe here. I don't think you get the point of this website. This is a website to help people spot and avoid fake jerseys. Fake jerseys are illegal and like Joe said, you seem to be defending them. If you are ok with buying and wearing illegal products, then this forum is not for you.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? EmptyTue Nov 01 2011, 12:52

thederivative wrote:
jigokusabre wrote:

WindyCityWholesale has factory seconds available for $70 USD!!!!![/url]

Wait.. you think that's better than a fake? Those look awful to me. I wouldn't want an authentic jersey if all the numbers were sown on crooked and and the names were spelled incorrectly. As you guys say, they're cheap for a reason - as an eBay seller myself, I think those guys will have a problem on their hands when people don't scroll down their bible-length text and buy thinking the jerseys are first grade.

--

Also, I was watching TV last night and all the players had shiny, bubbled numbers on their jerseys (teams I remember like this were the Giants, Ravens, Cowboys, and Eagles). What gives? Definitely not matte white. I also saw a couple ads (Direct TV especially) and all the numbers were shiny and bubbled.

Yes, I think a stained Authenetic jersey is 1000 times better than a pristine fake. and $70 for a current superstar player is a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?   Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No? Empty

Back to top Go down

Adrian Peterson Jersey Fake or No?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next