NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lissy
Rookie
Rookie
lissy

Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any?? Empty
PostSubject: Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??   Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any?? EmptyFri Feb 05 2010, 19:42

What online shops/ ebay shops do you have to pay for customs with?

I was just wondering cause i'll be a bit put off if I have to pay for customs charges...

Do all shops in the US charge customs on arrival??

P.S sorry for the dodgey placement in the forum... i couldnt decide on what category to put it in. Wink
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??   Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any?? EmptyFri Feb 05 2010, 19:58

It is not really to do with the Shop it self, but the item, you will have to pay VAT on items imported if above £18.

Some ebay sellers may be prepared to 'mark down' a value to below that threshold, or declare it a 'gift' which should help avoid charges, WindyCityWholesale would be an example. I am sure there are other sellers who will assist but many will declare the full value as it is obviosuly tied into the amount the package is insured for.

However, Customs over here are free to check an item out and if they believe it has been falsely declared you will still have to pay, or possibly lose the item (I think).

For the most part the Charges are paid on arrival but somewhere like FansEdge or Amazon.com you can pay all taxes in advance which can save a few pound as you avoid any 'Handling' charge by the delivery company.

Unfortunately if you are importing Customs is just one of things you will have to accept, last week I had to pay £19 to release my Lawrence Taylor M&N jersey (£11 VAT and £8 handling) which I wasnt happy about, but once I got the Jersey, all was forgotten Cool
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??   Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any?? EmptyMon Feb 15 2010, 20:45

Pretty much anything over the £18 from a company will get stopped by customs. The official-looking packaging will grab their attention. Also since the shop will include a receipt for you, there's no way of marking down the price. Sad

Getting things from ebay sellers is a bit easier as they can take all the tags off, put it in boring brown box and call it a £5 t-shirt on the label and customs will be none the wiser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??   Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Customs charges?? Which US online shops if any??
Page 1 of 1