NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dolphins jersey - a dilemma

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
danevaliant
danevaliant

Dolphins jersey - a dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Dolphins jersey - a dilemma   Dolphins jersey - a dilemma EmptyWed Jun 11 2008, 21:52

I won this last week for £15 including postage.

Dolphins jersey - a dilemma 250b_1

It looks pretty good - perfect fit, double thickness on the shoulders meaning its definately an authentic and the printing is thick, flawless and uncracked.

But.....

...The back is blank Shocked Shocked

No number, no letters, no nameplate. Nothing.

The seller didn't say it was blank in his description but he doesn't sell NFL jerseys often so in his defence he might not have known it should have stuff on the back.

So my dilemma is this:
I'm going to be away all next week so it is going to be pretty hard to communicate with the seller about a refund.

But do you guys reckon it is worth more than the £15 I paid for it? It looks like it is a Russel Athletic 1991/92 retail authentic (Dolphins wore Wilson in the 90's and switched to stitched numbers in 93). Which must be pretty rare. If so I might well keep it and not turn round and show anyone the back Laughing
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins jersey - a dilemma   Dolphins jersey - a dilemma EmptyWed Jun 11 2008, 22:23

£15 for it is a great price, shame about the back. I wonder why it's not been done in the last 15 years or so. It's going to be a hell of a job to get it sorted out, they look like vinyl numbers, is there anyone over here who can do that?

My advice send it to Marino and get him to autograph the front and frame it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Bubs
Starter
Starter
Bubs

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins jersey - a dilemma   Dolphins jersey - a dilemma EmptyTue Jun 17 2008, 12:54

I think even if you did get someone to do the back it wouldn't match the rest and would probably look worse for it. Short of being able to do what Billsfan said, just wear a large open shirt over it (or a cape) Smile
It would go nicley with the old (circa 1980) fins baseball cap i found in the back of a cupboard at the weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins jersey - a dilemma   Dolphins jersey - a dilemma Empty

Back to top Go down

Dolphins jersey - a dilemma
Page 1 of 1