NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline

Go down 
+4
Billsfan
chuckjones93
Hawk37
WindyCityFlyer23_23
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline Empty
PostSubject: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Jul 07 2008, 19:02

Reebok was given the franchise to produce the NFL Fan jerseys from 2001 and below are the most common hem tags seen on the market today. This section will help you to identify the year that the jersey was made.

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 01hemtag

2002 - 2004

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 02-04hemtag

2004 Dallas Thanksgiving T/B

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 2004DALalt

2005 - 2006

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 05-06hemtag

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 07hemtag

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline 2008hem

Last edited by Billsfan on Sat Jan 09 2010, 19:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyFri Jul 25 2008, 12:43

The hem tag from the jerseys my family brought back from Florida are the 05-06 , Are these hem tags only for authentics or replicas too.

Cause i may have a 05-06 made red falcons jersey and then they must of just printed on the matt ryan name and number
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyFri Jul 25 2008, 23:11

The tagging shown here is fo the Authentic range, the replica's have letter codes, as do the EQT's but they have a helmet logo on the jocktag.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jul 26 2008, 00:38

My TO jersey from sports world has the 2007- present , but my matt ryan , hass , garcia have the 05-06 hemtag
Back to top Go down
WindyCityFlyer23_23

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyTue Jul 29 2008, 03:31

They were most likely left over blank jerseys that were customized to be 08' authenitcs.
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 10:58

Does the 2002 - 2004 tag have the D instead of a C in SpeCifications? It may be the angle of the picture making it look that way. I was under the impression that that mispelling was common on fakes. Or can it be found on real jerseys?
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 11:49

The 2007 tag looks better than the 2008
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 13:10

The 04 does not have a D in specifications. I scanned these hem tgs in, except the 08 as I don't have one yet, so it must be the angle you are looking at it Chuck.
Back to top Go down
chuckjones93
Rookie
Rookie
chuckjones93

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 22:45

Thanks billsfan. Please know I wasn't trying to "call you out" or anything. I just wanted to know if that was something found on real jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 22:54

Never even crossed my mind Chuck, I did wonder if you had your glasses on the right way round though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pookie
Rookie
Rookie
Pookie

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 16 2010, 21:33

This site is saving me all kinds of embarressment!! U guyz rock!!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 16 2010, 23:27

Pookie wrote:
This site is saving me all kinds of embarressment!! U guyz rock!!

Thanks Pookie, glad you are finding the place useful.
Back to top Go down
danstocks
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyTue Feb 16 2010, 15:49

Billsfan wrote:
The tagging shown here is fo the Authentic range, the replica's have letter codes, as do the EQT's but they have a helmet logo on the jocktag.

Do EQTs ever have patches? do people fake eqt's?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyTue Feb 16 2010, 16:48

danstocks wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

I got an Owens Bills 50th AFL throwback jersey last year and that came with a patch but it was smaller than the real ones. EQT's are not faked, not enough profit for the faker and too hard to make.
Back to top Go down
danstocks
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptyTue Feb 16 2010, 18:31

Billsfan wrote:
danstocks wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

I got an Owens Bills 50th AFL throwback jersey last year and that came with a patch but it was smaller than the real ones. EQT's are not faked, not enough profit for the faker and too hard to make.

Cheers mate. All helping me. I wasnt as against fakes as you to be honest but they do just fall apart so I am now. Its why a few of my bargains I picked up Im uncertain about because I thought they were fake but they do seem to be better quality.

Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
JagsFan78

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 06:07

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site.

Is anybody aware of fakes being made with the helmet jock tag (2001 version?). Until recently I had believed for years that jerseys featuring those tags were legit. Lately though, I've been seeing jerseys on eBay of players that either came before or after that season, yet feature the '01 jocktag. For example, a Deion Sanders Falcons jersey and a Tony Romo Cowboys. Anybody know more about this? I personally don't think they're legit and as an enthusiast of the 2001 Reeboks, it has me more than a bit irritated.

Here are some eBay item # examples. My apologies if these auctions belong to anyone here and they're legit. I suppose customization of a blank is possible, but as I said the fake helmet tag jersey is news to me at least:

Tony Romo: 190622799600. (joined the league in 2003)

Deion Sanders - Cowboys: Item # 260932522795. (left Dallas in 1999)

Deion Sanders - Falcons: Item #: 320833241897. (left Atlanta in 1993).

The jerseys do at least have the correct NFL shield from that era on the neckline.

The Deion Falcons jerseys have been all over the place lately. Frankly the Falcon on the sleeves looks kinda bad...not a good sign.

Sorry if this is common knowledge but like I said, I've personally never seen fakes with that style jock tag, if they are indeed fake. I think so but what say you all? Any help and info/opinions is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Last edited by JagsFan78 on Sat Jan 21 2012, 06:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 09:51

I believe they are customised blanks. I've seen a lot of those Sanders jerseys knocking around on ebay for a while as well. RJ3000 collects 01's so he's an expert on them, send him a pm.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 16:17

Hi Jagsfan - I got your PM, but figured I'd respond here, for the benefit of anybody else who is interested.

I have noticed the Sanders Falcons everywhere recently too. My guess is that Reebok / a distributor stumbled across a pile of blanks so had them customized. I'm not sure why Sanders appears to have been made. My guess is they didn't give much consideration to players consistent with that era and just went with a popular player they thought they could sell. The other choice would have been Vick, but he's a polarizing player to say the least, after the charges.

All of the tags on them seem consistent with mine and therefore, I would assume, legit. Some of the customizations appear to vary - I've seen some which look to have been done more poorly than the one you linked me to. Overall, I'm on the fence with them. I don't have a Falcons 2001 yet, so would be tempted if I could get one of the better ones for a good price. I'll keep tabs on them for the time being anyway.

I agree with Billsfan on all of the links you provided. I had seen the Romo too (that seller has had a few helmet tags recently, albeit too big for me) and thought it was a legit customization for the same reason.

In terms of whether there are fake 2001s, in my experience, the answer is "no". There were quite a few Vicks which people jumped on as being fake. The helmet tag looked poor, and it had the wrong team on the tag ("Baltimore Ravens"). The numbers also looked cheap. I've seen maybe 5+ of these, and most of them have an extra tag below the helmet tag which states there were 200 of these produced for an authorized signing event (I think the company was "Verisign" or something like that). Anyway, I think they were thrown out by Reebok for this event (possibly as factory seconds) but I believe Reebok were responsible for them nonetheless. So - do I think these Vicks are legit? Yes. Would I buy one? Not a chance.

It looks as though you are after bigger sizes than me? I aim for 48s or 50s, but will also pick up 52s if they are a team I'm after and a reasonable price. I'm trying to get one for every team which had them (bearing in mind the Chargers, Bucs, Patriots, 49ers and Redskins were still made by Adidas in 2001). 2002 was the Texans' inaugural season, but they do actually exist too - there is one listed on eBay at the moment.

Let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep my eyes open. I am basically looking for any of the teams which I don't already have - check my collection at the following thread:

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t1822-my-authentic-collection#8925

I'd be interested to see pics / details of which ones you have - I'm always happy to chat about 2001s!
Back to top Go down
JagsFan78

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 23:51

RJ3000 wrote:
There were quite a few Vicks which people jumped on as being fake. The helmet tag looked poor, and it had the wrong team on the tag ("Baltimore Ravens"). The numbers also looked cheap. I've seen maybe 5+ of these, and most of them have an extra tag below the helmet tag which states there were 200 of these produced for an authorized signing event (I think the company was "Verisign" or something like that). Anyway, I think they were thrown out by Reebok for this event (possibly as factory seconds) but I believe Reebok were responsible for them nonetheless. So - do I think these Vicks are legit? Yes. Would I buy one? Not a chance.

I've seen those. There's one on ebay right now. It does look horrible, but actually the Falcons sleeve logo looks better than the one on the Deions I've seen.

Thanks for your input. I'll pm my list of what I have and what I'm always on the lookout for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline   Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline Empty

Back to top Go down

Reebok Authentic jersey Hem tag timeline
Page 1 of 1