NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General query re older fake jerseys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

General query re older fake jerseys Empty
PostSubject: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptySat Jun 04 2011, 18:45

I understand that there few, if any, fake authentics pre-dating Reeboks. However, is anyone aware of the 2001 era Reeboks (i.e. with the helmets on the jock tags). I can't imagine these would have been easy to fake, so am I relatively safe in buying these or has anyone seen these faked?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptySat Jun 04 2011, 22:13

No, I've not seen a fake 2001 as these were available before Reebok got the monopoly, you should be safe with one.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 02:40

Billsfan wrote:
No, I've not seen a fake 2001 as these were available before Reebok got the monopoly, you should be safe with one.

Thanks Simon. I thought I'd read that on the forum somewhere else before - I just couldn't find the post. I don't know why Reebok ever changed from this style. They looked so much better, and would surely be harder for counterfeiters to replicate. I can only assume it was a cost cutting exercise.

Anyway, I'll hopefully have photos of my first 2001 jerseys to share with you soon Cool
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 10:00

No problem mate. Yep you're right it was a cost issue, silly though as they do it for the premier now. But I suppose they are keeping it true to the gamer tags.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 18:16

2001 jersey update: winning bids on 2 of them (along with 3 other Reebok authentics!). I'll keep you in suspense for now but update my collection thread when they arrive afro

The wife is going to kill me...!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptyThu Jun 09 2011, 23:12

Billsfan wrote:

Just to throw this into the mix - check out item 270762953684 on eBay. My obvious question being, why would there be a 2001 issue Reebok for Sanders if he only played for the Falcons up until 1993? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys EmptyThu Jun 09 2011, 23:37

More than likely a custom job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General query re older fake jerseys   General query re older fake jerseys Empty

Back to top Go down

General query re older fake jerseys
Page 1 of 1