NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who is your favorite team and why?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris2k
Chris2k

Who is your favorite team and why? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyThu Jun 30 2011, 06:36

So, I am a New York Giants fan and my second team is the Jets. Obviously I like those teams because those are my home town teams.

So for those of you that don't live in the US, who is your favorite team and what made you pick them?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyThu Jun 30 2011, 09:05

Well, no prizes for guessing who my team is Very Happy When I first began watching the NFL back in the early 80's I had no team, when the bears won the Superbowl I sort of followed them for a while. I don't remember when I first saw the Bills, but I remember seeing nose tackle, Fred Smerlas, time a snap count perfectly and sack the QB before the Oline had moved an inch. That was it for me and it's been the Bills ever since.

I have seen the good times and have been through the bad, hopefully the teams star is rising again and we will be back in the playoffs in the near future. We've suffered being in a very tough division, but I think Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix are moving the team in the right direction.

GO BILLS !!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptySat Jul 02 2011, 09:28

49ERS all the way, second team is probably the Broncos.

Why? When I was young, I wanted to be Joe Montana... what a player, a legend! Then there was John Elway, again... a legend. Amazing players... amazing football, 2 very much passing game focussed teams that were great to watch. Montana to Rice... TOUCHDOWWWN!

Who did I hate... hmmmm sorry Simon.. it was the Bills. As they always beat up the Broncos! lmao
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptySat Jul 02 2011, 17:38

TOUCHDOWNSPORTS wrote:
49ERS all the way, second team is probably the Broncos.

Why? When I was young, I wanted to be Joe Montana... what a player, a legend! Then there was John Elway, again... a legend. Amazing players... amazing football, 2 very much passing game focussed teams that were great to watch. Montana to Rice... TOUCHDOWWWN!

Who did I hate... hmmmm sorry Simon.. it was the Bills. As they always beat up the Broncos! lmao

You know, Joe Montana is my favorite player of all time. Watching that 1990 Giants Niners playoff game was rough for me.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptySat Jul 02 2011, 20:35

Hey Matt, it's not who do you hate and why! Wink But hating the Bills for beating up on your team is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 14:19

Billsfan wrote:
Hey Matt, it's not who do you hate and why! Wink But hating the Bills for beating up on your team is fine by me.

I know its not who did I hate... but that was an extra bonus piece as I always remember Bruce Smith etc al.... that guy was brutal.... think the QB for them at that time was Phil Simms correct me if I am wrong.... just testing out the old grey matter.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 17:48

TOUCHDOWNSPORTS wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

I know its not who did I hate... but that was an extra bonus piece as I always remember Bruce Smith etc al.... that guy was brutal.... think the QB for them at that time was Phil Simms correct me if I am wrong.... just testing out the old grey matter.

Simms was the Giants QB in that era, along with Hostetler.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 19:19

Buccaneers for me.

I grew up in Scotland and so obviously had no home town / local team to default to. I used to vacation to Florida at least once a year, and so figured that I might as well root for a team that I had a good chance of being able to see in live games in the future. To this day, Tampa is still the only footballing city which I've actually ever been to in the US, albeit I haven't made it to a game yet. I also always liked the Bucs colours and pirate theme.

I just moved to Toronto a few months ago, so figured I'll likely follow the Bills a lot more closely in the coming years. It will be hard not to, as we get the Buffalo TV feeds for Fox / CBS etc, so we'll always get the Bills on gameday I'd imagine. We're also just a few hours drive to Buffalo, and Toronto hosts a Bills game once a year so I'm hoping to make it to a couple of games next season (assuming it goes ahead of course...)
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyMon Jul 04 2011, 22:24

Converting the misguided to the Bills one person at a time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 04:49

Billsfan wrote:

Shame on you!
Back to top Go down
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 10:46

Billsfan wrote:
TOUCHDOWNSPORTS wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

Quite true... who was the Bills QB in that era??
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 10:56

TOUCHDOWNSPORTS wrote:
Billsfan wrote:
TOUCHDOWNSPORTS wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

Quite true... who was the Bills QB in that era??

Jim 'The Machine Gun' Kelly. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyTue Jul 05 2011, 23:41

The New England Patriots.

I wasn't really a fan of any team before 1993... and the "local" team (still some 300 miles away) was the 49ers. Rooting for them was too easy, too band-wagony. My brother (Bill) was (is) a Bills fan, so I decided to pick another AFC East team that wasn't already successful. The best choice was the Bills.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? EmptyWed Jul 06 2011, 02:45

Billsfan wrote:

Let's not get carried away Simon - I just said I'd follow them more closely! I'm always going to be a Buc!

Incidentally, my Spikes authentic arrived last week and I'm very happy with it. I think the new uniforms are an improvement, but I'm definitely glad to have one of the existing jerseys in my collection. Will stick some long overdue photos of it (and a lot of others) up very soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite team and why?   Who is your favorite team and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is your favorite team and why?
Page 1 of 1