NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  Empty
PostSubject: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 00:47

With Nike now going to be making the NFL jerseys do you think the Nike stores around the UK will stock NFL jerseys ?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 01:26

Firstly, do Nike have much store front presence in the UK, other than factory / outlet stores? I can't recall having seen them on high streets in Aberdeen / Edinburgh / Glasgow, since they're typically just stocked along with Adidas / Reebok as part of general sports stores (i.e. JD / Sports Direct).

Either way, personally, I can't see it. There may be some token replicas around Wembley in the build up to the International Series, but my perception is that the Brits just don't have the same fascination with jerseys that our American counterparts do (ok, maybe aside from the member on this site!) I think a big part of this is because the price point for a football (soccer) shirt in the UK has always been about GBP 40 (so around $60). Compare that to entry level replicas in the NFL and you're taking more like GBP 60. I can't see the average fan with a semi-interest in the NFL dropping that on a replica. By the time you've factored in shipping to the UK (and I've heard murmurings of Nike hiking prices), I actually think the replicas would be more like GBP 70 - so pushing on twice the price of a soccer shirt.

It's also been well publicised that Nike are cutting the "little guy" out, and only distributing through major retailers - at least initially. So unless Nike perceive there to be a major opening in the UK market for NFL jerseys, I don't think they'll bother. Who knows - you may start to see them within a few years, if the International Series continues to gain momentum and interest increases.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 09:39

There arent many Nike stores in the UK , some of them are called Nike Town .

I believe there is one in Oxford st London , they opened one up in Glasgow and i know there is also one in Manchester.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 13:43

Yeah there's one in London.
Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter
tmacman

PostSubject: Re: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  EmptyThu Mar 15 2012, 09:10

they might have replicas in some shops, but don't expect a big range, a bit like what Reebok did. They had relatively good prices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys    Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys  Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Nike stores stock NFL jerseys
Page 1 of 1