NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
azwepa62

azwepa62

1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey Empty
PostSubject: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 18:26

My fiancée and I were at our local Browns Backer game-watching event, and one of the other members told us about the area TJ Maxx stores carrying Browns jerseys (we live in Cincinnati). After the game we headed over our closest TJ Maxx to check it out. They did indeed have some Browns jerseys - mostly Josh Cribbs (none in my size, unfortunately), Braylon Edwards, and Kellen Winslow Jr. Actually, none were in my size. So I went looking through the active-wear racks nearby and found this Jim Brown jersey labeled as a Mitchell and Ness Throwback. It was missing the original tags (just a TJ Maxx tag with their price and the "compare to suggested retail price"). Just wondering if there is a way to verify whether it is authentic or a fake. Thanks in advance for any input.

1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey E5233ba9
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey 50fa76f0
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey 158885f4
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey Ec44f552
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey Bd100561
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey 36212c88
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey E6a4a892
1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey 1ed0ad73
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 19:11

I can't see any of the pictures (work internet blocks them) but a store like TJ Maxx will not sell fake jerseys. There seems to have been an influx of them over the last few months as I think M&N were dumping stock for whatever reason.

I did the exact same thing with a Thomas Bills throwback in a TJ Maxx in Buffalo, and I know other members found jerseys for other teams also. I'm guessing you paid $60 + taxes?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 19:32

It looks fine to me, nice pickup. Can't go wrong with a legends jersey, timeless.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
azwepa62

azwepa62

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 21:08

@RJ3000 That would be exactly what I paid for the jersey. I kind of thought that about TJ Maxx - I'll have to make sure I thank our friend from the Browns Backers for the tip!

@Billsfan - agreed! a legends jersey is a great way to go. Especially with my jersey track record.

Let me explain - every Browns jersey that I've gotten since moving to Cincinnati has been a player that has parted ways with the team within the year. My fiancee got me a Charlie Frye jersey (he played his college ball at Akron, my hometown) for Christmas one year, he started the the first game of the next season and was then traded to Seattle a couple of days later. She got me a Peyton Hillis jersey for my birthday prior to his last season in Cleveland (an injury-filled one). And being an Indians fan in Cincinnati is great for six games out of the season, but if you want to see any MLB games on a regular basis, you have to go cheer on the Reds. So, while at a Reds game, we bought a Ken Griffey Jr t-shirt for future games - he was traded back to Seattle within the month!

So - finding this Jim Brown jersey was perfect for many reasons.

Thanks to you both for taking a look and giving me your insight - I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 21:30

You're welcome my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey EmptyFri Sep 14 2012, 22:25

No problem at all. And the RRP is around $260, so you did well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey   1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

1964 Jim Brown Throwback - Lucky Find or Just Another Jersey
Page 1 of 1