NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 part question regarding Nameplates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

2 part question regarding Nameplates Empty
PostSubject: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates EmptyThu Dec 27 2012, 05:18

My first question would be where could I get a jersey with no name a customized name plate? There's a lawrence taylor jersey I have my eye on, but it comes with no name on the back. The second part of the question is that numbers are screen printed, and I was wondering if the name plate has a screen printed or sewn on name? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates EmptyThu Dec 27 2012, 05:36

Excellent question. I was wondering the same thing personally since I picked up a couple of vintage jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates EmptyThu Dec 27 2012, 05:39

I've tried doing research on my own with no clear answer so I'm curious. I want the jersey badly but wouldn't really want to wear it without the name on the back.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates EmptyThu Dec 27 2012, 10:04

Guys, nameplates were not put on some of the older jerseys at all, Wilson jerseys rarely came with them. The thing to get right is matching the colour properly. What most collectors do is buy a jersey from the same era, but cheap because you are going to use it as a donor jersey and cut it up. It's just a case of finding somewhere that will screen print the letters on. I have seen a lot of twill nameplates and while this is acceptable, it's not accurate. But it depends how accurate you want it to be.

As I said the jerseys from this era didn't come with a nameplate so the jersey is probably right, what make is the Taylor?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Frankavelli
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates EmptyThu Dec 27 2012, 15:04

Thanks for the help! The LT is a Russell Athletic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 part question regarding Nameplates   2 part question regarding Nameplates Empty

Back to top Go down

2 part question regarding Nameplates
Page 1 of 1