NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vikes and Dolphins

Go down 
+3
sluggermatt15
nfloldham
Billsfan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptyFri May 03 2013, 22:59

I think it speaks volumes as to the damp squib both the Dolphins and Vikings new uni's have been that there's not been much chat here about them.

To be honest I have been disappointed with them both. The Vikings is, well just plain dull and Miami's doesn't fill me with excitement either.

What's with the Matt paint on the Vikes helmet!?! I hate it on cars and it don't look any better on a football helmet. I suppose we can be thankful it's no two tone like the nasty Jags one. The jersey is uninspiring,when Nike got the contract and after the Seahawks uni's last year I thought we would see some innovation. maybe the teams are holding Nike back, I don't know. What's with the horrendous font for the numbers? It sort of works when the second number slots into it like 28, but have you seen it when there's a double number like 22? Awful. The sleeve stripes are boring, why it gets wider on the rear of the sleeve is a mystery to me, they look nothing like the Viking ship and if that was the case they should be in the front. What's your take, do you like it?

Vikes and Dolphins 55898d54485d47dc30532ad3aa350ead_zps25360a97

Vikes and Dolphins Be23c521664ed7ee28cfcc5d3e508a14_zpsc0987022

And now to Miami, as a division rival to my beloved Bills, I've never much cared for the Phins. This new logo is kinda cute. That's ok if you are going to Disneyland, but the NFL? Now Dolphins are cute and not terribly vicious so making flipper more awe inspiring is a difficult one, but I would have been tempted to leave it as is and just update the uni. That said the uni is only marginally better than the Vikes. The font is not the best and having 'MIAMI' written across your butt, sort of embarrassing.
Lay it on me, tell me what you think.

Vikes and Dolphins 2c42db11faca79adcf48164904d32f2a_zpsf37f3d1c

Last edited by Billsfan on Sun May 05 2013, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
nfloldham
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
nfloldham

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptySat May 04 2013, 00:39

I actually like the Vikes jerseys, they remind me of the throwback jerseys. I'm tempted to buy an AP jersey
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptySat May 04 2013, 13:46

I don't mind the Vikings design. To me it just looks like a more modernized version of their current Nike's. The sleeve stripes are a little different but that's all right.

The Dolphins uniform looks too plain! I am also not a fan of "DOLPHINS" on the front. The font is too big. What happened to the cursive style? IMO the team should go back to that.
Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptySat May 04 2013, 17:25

I'm not a fan of the Dolphins jersey but I do like the Vikings one, It does look very similar to their Throwback jersey.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptySun May 05 2013, 14:52

Yeah, I kinda dig the Vikings. The Jaguars and Dolphins are horrible.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptyMon May 06 2013, 09:50

I'm a bit torn about the new fins uniform.

My first impression was a bit meh....they seem a little bland and boring. However like the new logo, over time they seem to be growing on me and I'm starting to think they look simple but classy.
Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter
tmacman

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins EmptyMon May 06 2013, 12:41

The vikings jerseys are fine, hell they'd be excellent if they hadn't have put those wavy things on certain numbers in the font.

Now the dolphins jerseys aren't that bad, but they're not that good. I find that they're a subtle downgrade from the previous jerseys in most areas, with the exception of dumping the drop down shadow look on the numbers, which is an improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vikes and Dolphins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vikes and Dolphins   Vikes and Dolphins Empty

Back to top Go down

Vikes and Dolphins
Page 1 of 1