NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales Empty
PostSubject: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySat Jul 20 2013, 14:51

With NFL teams kicking off training camp season, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has jumped to the top of the list of best-selling player jerseys.

Kaepernick's number 7 jersey was the top seller at NFLShop.com from April 1 through June 30, according to the league's Joanna Hunter. The 25-year old star is also No. 1 at Fanatics.com, said the online retailer's Meier Raivich.
After coming off the bench to lead the 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII, Kaepernick rose to number 4 in jersey sales last season, ahead of Tom Brady of the New England Patriots but behind Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens. Electrifying rookie Robert Griffin III of the Washington Redskins led all jersey sales at the NFL's online store from April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013.
The edgy, tattooed Kaepernick has "huge upside," said Brandon Steiner of Steiner Sports Marketing. "He's the kind of player people like."

Seven of the Top 10 best sellers are QBs. Two linebackers make the list but they're both retiring: Lewis and Brian Urlacher of the Chicago Bears. There's one running back: Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings.

Nike took over as the NFL's official outfitter last season. A youth Kaepernick jersey, for example, costs $69.95 at NFLShop.com, while men's and women's jerseys sell for $94.95 and $99.95, respectively. An autographed jersey will run you $559.95.

No wonder sales of licensed merchandise based on sports leagues and events have become a billion dollar business. Retail sales rose to just over $13 billion in 2012, a 2.2 percent increase from $12.79 billion in 2011, according to The Licensing Letter. Apparel and accessories generated 46.6 percent.

What about Tim Tebow? He's not in the Top 25 this summer as he tries to salvage his career with the Patriots. Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens, the talented but dull QB who beat Kaepernick's 49ers 34-31 in New Orleans, ranks No. 25.

Here are Top 5 best-selling players this summer, along with their position, jersey numbers and NFL experience.

1. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers (QB, No. 7, three years)
2. Russell Wilson, Seahawks (QB, No. 3, two years)
3. Robert Griffin III, Redskins (QB, No. 10, two years)
4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings (RB, No. 28, seven years)
5. Peyton Manning, Broncos (QB, No. 18, 16 years)
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 04:30

I'll admit, I'd like to get a Kaep jersey. Maybe I'd wear it with a Dolphins hat.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 09:13

mrhead2k wrote:
I'll admit, I'd like to get a Kaep jersey. Maybe I'd wear it with a Dolphins hat.

Not a popular look in San Fran so I hear. You could make it work though Chris.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 15:10

I think I'll be ok here in New York. Which was once New Amsterdam. Why they changed it, I can't say. I guess people liked it better that way.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 17:01

Well I suspect the Dutch colonists who were beaten by the British weren't too pleased, but it was renamed after the Duke of York in 1665, who later became King James the second. Little history lesson on a Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Jul 21 2013, 21:59

LOL
Back to top Go down
sluggermatt15
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptyTue Jul 30 2013, 14:24

Thanks for the list, Billsfan. I'm surprised to see Kaepernick on top. I guess a lot of fans see him as a "feel good" story and want to buy his jersey.

On a side note, I am also surprised Joe Flacco's jersey did not make the Top 5. He did lead his team to a SB win. That usually provides a boost in popularity.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales EmptySun Aug 04 2013, 22:08

mrhead2k wrote:

Ahahaha boom, roasted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales   Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaepernicks jersey tops NFL jersey sales
Page 1 of 1