NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shilenj
Rookie
Rookie

Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question Empty
PostSubject: Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question   Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question EmptySun Jul 26 2015, 05:00

I've always wanted to know about the Nike Game jerseys, is it possible to date them?  Obviously players/collars/unique changes (Chargers having white lettering in 2012 and gold lettering from 2013 to present) can give you a good idea of when the jersey was made/what season it is made for but are there any other ways to date one?  Like, is there any difference between the tags on the jersey for different years it was produced?

I notice some say they were made in different countries, such as Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, etc.  Is there any significance behind this?  Does this have anything to do with when the jersey was made?  Or does it have to do with certain teams' jerseys being produced in certain countries, certain styles being produced in certain countries (home/away/alternate), or anything of any importance whatsoever?  I have some Bills jerseys that say Guatemala but a few others with Honduras and Indonesia but I can't seem to find any pattern to explain why they say they're made in different locations.

I know I'm asking about the Game jerseys (the ones that are heat pressed and retail for $99.95) but how about the Limited and Elite ones?  Is there any way to date those?  Any significance to what the tags of those say either?  Again, I notice different countries for certain Limited and Elite jerseys too (I own a couple of each of these as well) and again, no noticeable patterns.

Basically, just would like it if someone could explain the tags of mainly the Nike Game jerseys and if the tags reveal the year they were made/season they were made for and what significance, if any, the country the jersey was made holds.  If you know the answer in regards to the Limited and Elite tags as well, I'd love to know those too (the answer might be the same in regards to all three jersey styles for all I know).  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question   Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question EmptyMon Jul 27 2015, 23:46

As far as I am aware the jocktags have not had any design changes for any of the range. That was the same for Reebok too in the early days.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
shilenj
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question   Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question EmptyWed Aug 12 2015, 19:52

Billsfan wrote:
As far as I am aware the jocktags have not had any design changes for any of the range. That was the same for Reebok too in the early days.

I should have been more clear, I was referring to the neck tags. My apologies for not specifying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question   Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question Empty

Back to top Go down

Dating a Nike Game jersey/tag question
Page 1 of 1