NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. Empty
PostSubject: Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.   Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. EmptyThu Aug 20 2009, 23:06

Former New York Giant Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty Thursday to a weapons charge and agreed to a two-year prison term for accidentally shooting himself at a Manhattan nightclub.

The ex-wide receiver pleaded guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon, a lesser charge than he initially faced. Under a plea agreement, he agreed to a two-year prison sentence and two years of supervised release.

With time off for good behavior, the two-year sentence could be reduced to 20 months. Sentencing was set for Sept. 22 and if Burress were to go to prison soon after, he could be freed as early as the spring of 2011.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Bubs
Starter
Starter
Bubs

PostSubject: Re: Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.   Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. EmptyFri Aug 21 2009, 08:00

lucky the muppet didn't shoot someone else, at least he hurt himself with his stupidity. Although i'm sure people who have shot someone else have got a shorter scentence
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.   Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. EmptyFri Aug 21 2009, 12:31

I think this is a fair ruling on Burress but I was kindda shocked he got 2years it beggars belief that Donte Stallworth got less time for killing a guy with his car.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.   Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. EmptyFri Aug 21 2009, 19:29

dubbear wrote:
I think this is a fair ruling on Burress but I was kindda shocked he got 2years it beggars belief that Donte Stallworth got less time for killing a guy with his car.

It's the different laws in the two cities, Miami and New York. New York has a strong laws on unlicenced firearms, which Burress's was. They have made an example of him, but this is a plea bargain, he could have got a lot more if he went not guilty. It should put off a few people over there from carrying unlicenced firearms.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.   Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge. Empty

Back to top Go down

Burress pleads guilty to weapons charge.
Page 1 of 1