NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker

Go down 
+6
Chanse503
Riptide09
Cory3255
Billsfan
j-bigs
LASER___SHOW
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler

Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 04:32

Yessir! I wish I would've read between the lines on that one before I had a custom job done. Not only did I get a "Reebok style" double layer twill, but it's the completely wrong type of color gold(Reebok era gold)! From my research it seems ALL of the Nike jerseys are "Flexible twill" because they are kiss cut(where applied). So, obviously the main twill for the number/letter is a single layer w/ the outer color(s) sewn around it, hence "kiss cut"...giving the jersey a "flexible twill".

My best suggestion to ya Chanse is to either wait IF it bothers you that much(I don't blame you), OR purchase what is presently available. As far as more players being added to certain teams in the Nike "Elite" grade I contacted them about that. They basically said, "We can't supply official dates, but more players will become available in the future. Please check back at our website from time to time for availability." Lovely, ey!?
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by NawlinsSaints504 on Mon Jan 07 2013, 04:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 04:35

Yeah i was gonna order my custom elite eagles jersey last week but decided not to bc of these issues. Im gonna wait until around may/june to put my order in.
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 05:04

I have $300 dollars in gift cards and goin to lose my mind!
But I'm glad you brought the issue up 504 cause I would've been disappointed as well.
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 22:48

These guy must not have a clue do they:

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.nflshop.com.

We apologize for the confusion regarding the materials used for our
jerseys. We are always happy to help you find the right merchandise. We
do have a Customized Elite Jersey available and can be found in our
internet store catalog. To go directly to its image and description,
please enter the following item number 12772657 in the search field
window of our website. The materials used for our Customized Elite
jerseys are the same as our player specific Elite jerseys.

If you need any additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact
us. Simply respond directly to this e-mail to ensure a timely response.
A Customer Service Representative will gladly assist!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and
thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.nflshop.com.

This was my original email in regards to the custom jerseys:

I'm interested in purchasing a Minnesota Vikings A.Peterson Elite
jersey. Will you be restocking these anytime soon? I have $300 in gift
cards and want it to be as authentic as possible. Going the Custom route
isn't a good option because I notice that the site states the custom
jerseys are made with "Premium twill numbers", while they are
suppose to have "Flexible twill numbers" as advertised on the
retails Elite jerseys available. So I assume you outsource the custom
job jerseys to companys that don't have the "Flexible twill
numbers?" I really wouldn't mind spending my gift cards on a custom
jersey, granted I could be assured that the "Flexible twill
numbers" would be used.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 22:56

Woooooow. Thats crazy. They completety missed/disregarded the point.
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 23:35

Yeah there is a clear disconnect between the standardized policy used by Nike, NFLShop, and the custom vendor used.
Nike should be concerned because this disconnect is what breeds bad reviews and Nike is who'll be held most accountable in the average consumers eyes.
Being a small group of enthusiast we are, we put together the puzzle of where the disconnect is but these donkeys running the business don't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 23:36

What sort of customer service is that! I tell you what most of these employees don't even know anything about the products they sell!
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07 2013, 23:45

I would forward the conversation as well as this thread link to Nike and see what they have to say. A lot of bad reviews are coming about in regards to crooked numbers, and badly wrinkled numbers which could be issues resulting from how nflshop is having their work done.
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10 2013, 01:10

cry_minarets458:
Does the texture on the numbers/twill on the Lewis jersey feel any different then the numbers/twill on the Tucker jersey?

Softer, stretchy, smoother?
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 22:17

Wow, haven't been on here in awhile. Haven't gotten any emails saying this thread's been a hot topic. Just looking at the pictures and what I can remember, the numbers do feel differently. Personally, I don't mind the old twill on my Tucker jersey. I like having the sturdier fabric and that's why I was excited. That being said, I am kinda bummed because it does look like my Lewis jersey that's in the first post is kiss-cut, correct?

PS: Tucker jersey was a good choice, I think. What an instant classic of a game. Scared fornext week, though.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 22:39

Even though I do like the Tucker Jersey, it would be nice to have the money pay for what I should be getting. Luckily, I didn't cut the tags off yet, but as it's from the custom shop, I'm assuming the NFL shop will give me the finger haha. I contacted Nike. They told me to contact the NFL Shop. I'll keep y'all posted.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 22:50

Hell no. You purchased a custom nike elite jersey with this description from them:
• Water-repelling fabric to help keep you stay lightweight and dry
• Tailored fit for comfort
• Premium twill numbers
• No-tag neck label
• TPU metallic-effect shield at V-neck
• Laser-cut embossed jock tag
• Fabric: BODY: 91% NYLON/ 9% SPANDEX MESH: 88% NYLON/ 12% SPANDEX
• Machine wash cold
• 12-character limit on customization

The reebok authentic has this description:
Single- or multiple-layer dyed tackle twill or fabric name and number

They are different materials. I would be hard pressed to think Nike wouldnt be upset about this and that NFLshop would just brush it off. If you arent pleased then I would say something.
Back to top Go down
Chanse503
Probowler
Probowler
Chanse503

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:09

OT: I got lucky and while browsing NFLShop on Friday, found a lone 44 A.Peterson jersey in stock. I swooped it up and I'm eager to see this guy. Better be legit and not a faulty return or BS custom.
We'll see..
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:14

Riptide09 wrote:
Hell no. You purchased a custom nike elite jersey with this description from them:
• Water-repelling fabric to help keep you stay lightweight and dry
• Tailored fit for comfort
• Premium twill numbers
• No-tag neck label
• TPU metallic-effect shield at V-neck
• Laser-cut embossed jock tag
• Fabric: BODY: 91% NYLON/ 9% SPANDEX MESH: 88% NYLON/ 12% SPANDEX
• Machine wash cold
• 12-character limit on customization

The reebok authentic has this description:
Single- or multiple-layer dyed tackle twill or fabric name and number

They are different materials. I would be hard pressed to think Nike wouldnt be upset about this and that NFLshop would just brush it off. If you arent pleased then I would say something.
Hell no to what lol. I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:18

Hell no to them not refunding you.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:20

Oh, I gotcha. Well, in their defense, the other jerseys not from the custom shop have "flexible twill numbers" listed in the description. Covered their bases
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:23

I wouldnt think that would matter, if they hire out to another company for customizations its their reputation if the jersey isnt sent out "to spec"
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14 2013, 23:28

We shall see...I'll keep y'all posted. Sorry for being absent for so long.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18 2013, 00:57

Haven't got round to ordering an Elite yet, might hold off til next season now.

But that is a great jersey my man, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21 2013, 01:46

Hey I have a question, how long did it take to get this jersey after ordering it? I eventually want to get a Ray Lewis jersey, but when I got my old custom jerseys I would have to wait a month to get them. And I do not really want to wait that long.
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22 2013, 01:20

Update on NFL Shop's response to my jersey issue: NOTHING!!!!!

So I listed the jersey on eBay, and in the "Buy, sell, trade..." section of this forum. Thanks a bunch NFL Shop! When they decide to do customs properly then I MIGHT consider it. What a killjoy No

Oh yeah! Congrats Chanse on the Ravens goin' to da show! After their defeat to the Broncos they were the team I wanted to see here in New Orleans especially b/c of Ray Lewis. What a story man...a helluva retirement "going-out". To go to the SB, and high hopes to win it! GOGOGO R. Lewis & the Baltimore Ravens...win dat thang!!!
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22 2013, 01:43

Did you try calling them? I wouldnt let the issue go that easily.
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22 2013, 02:39

Called them three times, emailed them twice, and yet they still give me the b.s. about how they "opened a case for this situation"; they gave me a reference number for that "open case". WTF??
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05 2013, 23:24

They gave me a sincere apology and gave me a 10% off coupon off my next purchase...which I already used.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06 2013, 00:34

Damn thats bs. My custom elite gets here tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06 2013, 00:41

Nice, how long has it been taking for you guys to get the custom elites? Cause the custom reeboks used to take a month for me to get, i want to get an elite, but not wait that long.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06 2013, 00:43

I ordered mine a week ago sunday and itll be here tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06 2013, 00:44

Let us know how it goes.

To Boss302, I had my Tucker jersey in about or less than 9 days. Pretty quick turn around if they have your size in stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker   Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravens Black Nike Elite Justin Tucker
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next