NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dez Bryant - real or fake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cobewobber

Dez Bryant - real or fake Empty
PostSubject: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 00:14

I bought this dez jersey a week ago and just received it. Everything about this jersey claims it is authentic, I even have other jerseys I can compare it to. The BIGGEST problem I have, which I have been getting mixed reviews on is the back of the numbers (on the inside of the jersey)...none of my other authentics look like this..I got this jersey from NFL.com, so I don't know how they would screw it up...but it is possible I guess..what do you think? It also does not say on field on the bottom patch, which my two others do say..the 2nd photo is my biggest concern

[img]Dez Bryant - real or fake Photo6

[img]Dez Bryant - real or fake Photo3

[/img]Dez Bryant - real or fake Photo5

[img]Dez Bryant - real or fake Photo2
Back to top Go down
cobewobber

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 00:16

[img]Dez Bryant - real or fake Photo4[/img]
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 03:14

its a 2007 jersey (old nfl logo)blank thats been modified ,if you bought it from NFL shop for full price id be very upset . back numbers look bubbly but again if its from NFL shop it should be the real deal. the paper like material in between the numbers will fall away after a few washes ,usually its removed but looks like a rush job . hard to tell from your photos

N.B
WR Antonio Bryant now a Cincy Bengal was #88 with the cowboys 2002-2003

WR Dez Bryant is #88 for the 2010 Cowboys

the Playmaker Micheal Irvin was #88 so even more reason to have the right jersey

Last edited by dubbear on Fri Aug 13 2010, 03:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cobewobber

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 03:30

wow, dubb..you are a frickin genius..the old NFL logo definitely seals the deal. I didnt even think about that.great catch..definitely returning it..thanks pal
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 19:02

What we have here is the usual NFL.com custom job, they have not been getting good reviews for years now. What they do is hoard blanks and grab the 1st one off the shelf. I think it's awful that they don't use a jersey with the correct badge.

The white material behind the numbers is the backing that should be removed after stitching, another quality control issue. I'm sure it's Stahls that are doing most of the custom work these days and it ain't good is it?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
cobewobber

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyFri Aug 13 2010, 20:27

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I called nfl pro shop and I am getting a new jersey (hopefully a better product) and returning this jersey. Based on your comments I am afraid my next jersey will be done similarly, if it is, I will get a full refund.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptySat Aug 14 2010, 00:21

Glad to help. Make sure that you post pictures of the new one.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake EmptyWed Sep 01 2010, 20:27

Wow that is a pretty poor attempt considering they put their prices up year on year. Scrolled to that second pic and immediately thought "fake". They couldn't even be bothered to use a blank made in the right year either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant - real or fake   Dez Bryant - real or fake Empty

Back to top Go down

Dez Bryant - real or fake
Page 1 of 1