NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dedlyjedly

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Empty
PostSubject: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 21:58

Hey guys! I've always been a stickler for the details so I really appreciate all the specific information available on this forum. Just before the NFL season started I decided I was going to finally get my first authentic jersey. After looking for some deals, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase from an online dealer that contracted their custom work to EPS so I could get a high quality custom Von Miller. It arrived a few weeks later and seems to be of good quality for the most part, but there are a few details that trouble me so I thought I'd let you experts scrutinize it for me. Let me know what you think...

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0455yd

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0458wx

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0462il

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0465z

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0468w

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0473q

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0474t

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0476o

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0481p

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0482tu

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0483i

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Dsc0485t

Last edited by dedlyjedly on Wed Oct 12 2011, 22:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 22:18

Looks good to me fella, what is it you're concerned about?
Back to top Go down
dedlyjedly

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 22:36

I was adding a few more pics while you responded in case you wanted to take another look.

The lack of a space between NFL and PLAYERS on the jock tag was my main concern. Pairing that with the fact that the jock tag is mounted crooked made me wonder about the authenticity of the blank jersey. But at the same time the NFL Player man in the red box seemed to pass the tests listed on the forum.

The "BRONCOS" embroidery at the neck isn't quite as thick as in picturess that I can find, and the bottom edges of the C and S leave a bit to be desired. The stitching from the top of the blue side panel to the neck is sloppy. I know I'm probably just too nit picky!

At the NFL Equipment patch on the neck all of the other jerseys I can find seem to have the ends of the blue collar closer together or almost overlapping. Mine has the stitch joining the two. I suppose that could be a variable due to sizing.

I remember reading that number size should be smaller on the front of the jersey, but I'm really not sure if that is something that holds true on the Broncos jerseys.

Also just wanted opinions on the NFL badges and Reebok vector so I can start to get an eye for this sort of thing.

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 23:05

My only real concern were two that you stated; the slightly squint jock-tag and the kind of flat bottom to the C and S on Broncos on the chest.

However the crispness of the Reebok logos on the sleeve is good. It becomes an issue of being fake if you can see threads connecting any of the vectors on the Reebok logo.

The NFL shield on the collar is also very good. Most fakes have the wrong number of stars and can't even get a proper ball shape. This one looks very good to me.

There are many more guys on here who will be able to assist you further than I have, I'm still learning some things too.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 23:11

Im no expert, but everything looks good except one thing.

why would a von miller jersey have the old NFL shield logo?
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 23:14

If it's a blank jersey which has been customised then they can pretty much use any blank jersey from recent times as long as no significant changes have been made.
Back to top Go down
dedlyjedly

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyWed Oct 12 2011, 23:54

Thanks again for your input fellas!

Yeah it's an older blank, but I got it on what I felt was a pretty good sale price and an overall good value given the quality of the EPS customization. Something very few would notice, but another detail that jumped out at me after reading a lot here on the forum! In some ways ignorance may be bliss....lol.

So, are there authentic jock tags that don't have the space between NFL Players? That was the first thing that jumped out at me.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyThu Oct 13 2011, 02:06

dedlyjedly wrote:
So, are there authentic jock tags that don't have the space between NFL Players? That was the first thing that jumped out at me.

Based on the tagging, the jersey is from 2007. I actually think this is no bad thing as Reebok's jerseys have gradually got worse. I have a few 2010s and the fabric is notably different in comparison. Reebok definitely peaked in 2001 and it's been downhill since then...

Anyway, here's one of my 2010s for comparison (I realise the tagging changed, but the NFLPA logo did not):

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey P1000317

You'll note there is a gap between "NFL" and "PLAYERS" however it's pretty common to have this gap missing. The first thing I always check on the jocktag is the red and white NFLPA logo and the equipment shield, which are both spot on. So aside from the fact it's a bit squint, the jock tag is fine otherwise. I'm sure a tailor could re-align this easily if it was really bothering you.

I have a 2001 Griese. The "Broncos" stitching on yours does look marginally thinner but I probably wouldn't have noticed had you not mentioned it. It certainly didn't leap out at me. And I think this is more a reflection of Reebok than anything else.

Otherwise, I'd say it's a really nice customisation, as you'd expect with EPS. I don't think you can actually buy Rookie authentics through retail, so I think anybody with a genuine rookie authentic would need to go down the custom route, in which case the jersey era will never match the player.

Do you mind me asking where you sourced the jersey? Did you buy the jersey first and send it to EPS? I'm just intrigued as I'm really after a Freeman Bucs authentic and figure the only way I'm going to get one sub $200 is to go down the customisation route, so any pointers would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
dedlyjedly

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 04:39

So you would say it's common to have a missing gap on the genuine jock tags? I was under the impression that was one of the easiest ways to identify a fake tag. And I thought comparing the badges and vectors was tough and confusing!

No problem sharing my source. It came from nflstore.net. I discovered that they did all their custom work through EPS on another jersey forum and then confirmed it with them before placing the order. The had a better sale on the Broncos jerseys in my size specifically, but it looks like they've got a few Bucs authentics around the $200 range.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 04:47

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it was common, but I have seen quite a few legit jerseys without the space. It's definitely not a means of telling a fake on it's own. From memory, I think it only affected a number of jerseys around 2007, which is consistent with yours. You can spot most of the fakes a mile off before you have to worry about looking at the detail of the jock tag.

I had actually encountered nflstore.net before. Though last time I was on their site, the Bucs custom authentics were coming out at $0 and this price was reflected for a number of weeks. I'm assuming they've finally remedied it, but I know a lot of people brought it to their attention (i.e. by ordering 20 jerseys) and it took them ages to actually sort the problem. They didn't seem particularly apologetic so they lost a lot of credibility with me. I know somebody ordered a Julio Jones and wound up with a 2005-06 jersey, which had a completely different jock tag.
Back to top Go down
dedlyjedly

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 05:55

I can completely understanding questioning their credibility. They have a feature on their website to allow you to track your order. It didn't respond properly to my order number or email address. After several days I emailed them to confirm my order details and calm my nerves. They simply replied something to the nature of "Yeah, that tracking feature doesn't actually work, but we have your order on file but it will take several weeks to complete" in a tone that made me feel as if i were bothering them! I almost felt as if I was being scammed so I replied and had to specifically ask for confirmation of sizing, nameplate, and number in order to verify the accuracy of the custom work.

Not the most professional group, but fortunately this one seems to have turned out right. I haven't found pricing near the $169 they had my jersey listed for so I was thinking about getting another one done. On a positive note that lack of professionalism somehow led to my total adding up to $157 after shipping! Who am I to complain? lol
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 14:49

The tone you refer to is consistent with how I was hearing they dealt with people who had ordered the "free" jerseys. The website doesn't look up to much either (I actually assumed it was fake the first time I visited it.)

I'll bear that in mind anyway. I really want a white Bucs Freeman, but would want it in a size 48 (which they're currently sold out of). I personally think you got a great price for a customized rookie jersey - congrats!
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 19:11

I'll be honest guys, I've mailed them a few times (firstly to see if they'd have any blank size 48 Ravens coming back in stock; and again to see if they could customise a blank jersey if I provided it) and both times I got fast and polite replies from a lady (name has popped out of my head at the moment) who informed me that neither would be possible.

Maybe it's just who replies to the emails sent, but I was pretty happy with the service I got - albeit I never got round to placing an order.

Lame question coming up here. Does anyone wear a size 48 authentic, and also has a size 50? They have size 50 Ravens jerseys on there but I fear they'd drown me. Would be interested to know if there is a monumental difference.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 19:27

That's useful to know Owenny, thanks.

I own modern Reebok authentics ranging from 46-52. The question you've asked is really difficult to answer for the simple reason that everybody has a preference as to how tight / loose they wear their jerseys. My first authentics were 46s, which I found big (not being used to wearing NFL jerseys which are big anyway.) I then migrated onto 48s when I realised that 46s were difficult to come by and therefore would really restrict my jersey options. I got used to 48s and then chanced upon some 50s, which I thought were worth a pop. As it happens, I'm now totally comfortable wearing a 48 or a 50. For me, I don't notice as much of a difference between a 48 and a 50 as I do between a 46 and a 48 or a 50 and a 52. That's maybe just more reflective of the fact that 48 is the right size for me.

If I was going to drop big money on a customisation, I'd want it to be a 48 - my ideal size. I would recommend you try and pick up a cheap 50 and check out the sizing first, before dropping $200-$250+ on a customisation, which you can't return if it's too big, and can't re-sell if it's your name on it.

I have Chargers jerseys in 46, 48 and 50. I'll try and take some comparative photos of them if this will help?
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 20:14

I believe I've got a 2005-06 Vick Falcons jersey and 2008 Flacco Ravens jersey (based on the jocktags) and both fit well.

I was thinking along the same lines as you re: the customised jersey. I really wanted a size 48 in the white or the purple as I'm after a #55 Suggs jersey and I've pretty much found out it's customisation or nothing. Believe me, if there were 48s in stock I'd have had Suggs and then some at the price of $170! I think the price is tempting me to try and see what the 50 is like.

If you've got some spare time and don't mind that might be helpful RJ, I'd appreciate that. No rush though, if I decide to go for the 50 it'll not be til next month anyway due to Wembley next week!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 05:30

I think the jersey looks great, minus the way the Broncos is written.. however, if you flip your jersey inside out and look at the number, you should only see one layer of stitching. If you can see both layers it is a fake, if only one, it's real.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:34

I was informed I am wrong about the stitching thing, but all of my jerseys so far have only shown one layer of stitching through the inside. Anyways your jersey looks pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 15:12

I know this is off topic but since it's Broncos related I thought I'd stick it in here.

Was browsing eBay for jerseys and decided to search for Tebow authentics, holy shit there's a lot of fakes! Shocked Couldn't see one authentic!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 15:17

Owenny wrote:
I know this is off topic but since it's Broncos related I thought I'd stick it in here.

Was browsing eBay for jerseys and decided to search for Tebow authentics, holy shit there's a lot of fakes! Shocked Couldn't see one authentic!

No kidding. Strangely enough, the counterfeiters react quicker to market demands than Reebok ever do (granted, they're probably less interested now that they're losing the rights to Nike.) It was the same after the draft - there were rookie "authentics" everywhere on eBay. And then subsequently loads of fake McNabb Vikings, Ochocinco Pats etc.

However, I stumbled upon this one a couple of weeks ago, and though it really took the biscuit. Look at the sale price for that piece of junk! Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150706202309
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 16:53

I agree with you both, about the fakes. I've never looked up a Tebow, even though I am a Broncos fan, but I remember when Reggie Bush went into the league, there were #5 Bush Saints jerseys all over ebay, even though the NFL denied his request to wear the #5.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 21:38

RJ3000 wrote:
Owenny wrote:

No kidding. Strangely enough, the counterfeiters react quicker to market demands than Reebok ever do (granted, they're probably less interested now that they're losing the rights to Nike.) It was the same after the draft - there were rookie "authentics" everywhere on eBay. And then subsequently loads of fake McNabb Vikings, Ochocinco Pats etc.

However, I stumbled upon this one a couple of weeks ago, and though it really took the biscuit. Look at the sale price for that piece of junk! Shocked

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150706202309
lol!

Seen a Luck Colts one on eBay last week too, think it was pulled before it was sold though. Ridiculous that people consider buying these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey   Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Authentic Broncos Jersey
Page 1 of 1