NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jersey Regrets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 01:35

I thought that this would be a fun thread to start. I tried using the search function to try to see if a thread like this already existed, but I either wasn't using it properly or it just wasn't giving me worthwhile results. Anywho, ever passed on a jersey that you now have regrets about not buying it? For me, I wish I got into authentics earlier in my fandom. I could have just bought a new one every year and had a nice "vintage" collection by now.

This is probably my biggest NFL-related jersey regret: NOT BUYING THIS JERSEY. It was on eBay a few months ago and I just said no. STUPID. Alas, I don't think I'll ever find a jersey like this, let alone in amazing condition like this one was...
Jersey Regrets Kgrhqe10

Jersey Regrets Kgrhqv10
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 08:43

That is a nice one. I'm almost sure I started a thread like this but now I can't find it!!!

Oh, hang on.....my thread was called 'most expensive jersey.'
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 16:22

No - I don't recall having seen another thread like this. Anyway - this isn't the type of forum that you'll get crucified for daring to start a thread similar to another without having searched for it first!

The only regrets that come to mind for me are Ripon related. The Ripon Athletic tagged retail / sample jerseys are pretty hard to come by, and I didn't appreciate the quality of them before. A guy was selling a few Bucs ones (creamsicle and the white alt with red numbers from the same era) in Lynch and Alstott. I could originally have had any of them, but passed them up. I then bought another jersey from the same seller, who offered me his last Lynch on a plate. I passed-up and it sold within a couple of weeks.

I actually only really regretted this after I got my Sapp. That's when I truly appreciated the quality of them:

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t2725-warren-sapp-creamsicle-pro-cut

I then stumbled upon a Bruce Smith Bills Ripon around a month ago. I did bid on it, but missed out. In hindsight, I should have bid much higher.

I generally don't have too many regrets, as typically I'll pick something else up that makes me forget about the last jersey I missed out on.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 16:59

I guess that's the nice thing about your collection, Russell. You collect a few teams and they all have a good variety of alternates and vintage looks. I only collect Ravens jerseys and we've only ever had 1 dramatic number change (and 1 minor change), one logo change, and only added one alternate jersey in our 16 year history. Difficult to come by the older ones. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 17:06

On the subject of Ravens, here's another one I regret not having pushed on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=270947642005&nma=true&rt=nc&si=EH8CSeXfdpvnR6B3%252F1ifSLcX524%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Old logo, signed, tagged, certified....
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyThu May 24 2012, 17:28

I wish I saw that. I totally would have tried to buy that and replace the letter with the signature, given it's a nike jersey. I didn't realize the Ravens used the bird sleeve logos on the Nikes with those bolder numbers. I always thought the Ravens wore Russell jerseys in 1996 and Starter jerseys in 1997 (with numbers like the one on that R. Lewis jersey..a bit bolder font). I didn't think the birds on the sleeves lasted longer than the 1997 season, in addition to the old pointy Ravens under the collar, but I could be wrong. I'm also unsure what brand the Ravens wore for the 1998 and 1999 seasons, as I know they wore Nike jerseys with the current font and the current shields on teh sleeves in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyMon May 28 2012, 12:02

There's been a few over the years, my most recent one is a game used London Monarchs world league jersey, which I found on a gamer website, paid for it and sat back and waited.....and waited, nothing emailed them and they said 'sorry cant find it in the warehouse' Really bummed out on that been after one for ages.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyTue May 29 2012, 21:39

Billsfan wrote:
There's been a few over the years, my most recent one is a game used London Monarchs world league jersey, which I found on a gamer website, paid for it and sat back and waited.....and waited, nothing emailed them and they said 'sorry cant find it in the warehouse' Really bummed out on that been after one for ages.
Did they refund your money?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Jersey Regrets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jersey Regrets   Jersey Regrets EmptyWed May 30 2012, 06:15

Yes after I reminded them a few times.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content