NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slimm
Rookie
Rookie
slimm

Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck Empty
PostSubject: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck EmptyWed Jul 18 2012, 17:02

I have several jerseys (especially game-issued) that have the wide neck due to the pads stretching it. I took it to local alterations/tailor and lady suggested inserting elastic band on the inside of the neck band as a first option. If it doesn't fix it then she will see if she can cut some of it and cover with the NFL logo up front. Anybody ever fix a jersey with wide neck?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck EmptyWed Jul 18 2012, 18:30

Can't say that I have, sounds like the lady knows what she is doing, but be careful with gamers that any alteration doesn't lower the value.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck EmptyWed Jul 18 2012, 19:34

I'm with billsfan - I wouldn't touch anything that's game issued / worn in terms of alterations as it will detract from the authenticity and originality of it. I have only 2 team issued jerseys that I ever wear but purely because the original cut of them works for me. The rest are just hanging in my closet as collection pieces, and will hopefully be hanging on a wall in my house in the near future.
Back to top Go down
slimm
Rookie
Rookie
slimm

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck EmptyWed Jul 18 2012, 20:48

The jersey is for a player that never made the team, so it was never game worn. I want to be able to wear it though. I wear all of my jerseys. At some point I want to hang them up like you RJ. It shouldn't detract from any value if it's done right, and I trust this lady. You won't be able to see the elastic band that will be "inside" the collar (in between both layers). Plus, I only paid $120 for it, and the elastic will cost me $12. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I pick it up this Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck   Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck Empty

Back to top Go down

Took jersey to tailor to fix wide neck
Page 1 of 1