NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bucs Customization Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Bucs Customization Project Empty
PostSubject: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyThu Aug 16 2012, 03:49

Okay, I've been toiling with customizing jerseys for a while now. A seller on eBay was recently offloading a number of pre-season Bucs' creamsicle gamers from 1995. The jerseys were in varying degrees of dismantlement, but you don't see many creamsicle gamers, so I pounced on a couple without any really thought as to what I would do with them. I subsequently picked up 2 more, giving me 4 in total (I'm glad that maths education paid off...) Here they are in all their glory, as they were when I received them. Note that some of the numbers were partially removed.

NOTE THAT ALL OF THE PICTURES CAN BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM

BEFORE

Number 16:
Bucs Customization Project Th_16FrontBucs Customization Project Th_16SideBucs Customization Project Th_P1010049

Number 00:
Bucs Customization Project Th_00FrontBucs Customization Project Th_00BackBucs Customization Project Th_P1010052Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010056

Number 59:
Bucs Customization Project Th_59FrontBucs Customization Project Th_59Back

NOTE: These were the seller's pics. I would never have a carpet like that!

Number 14:
Bucs Customization Project Th_14FrontBucs Customization Project Th_14Back

DURING

I removed the numbers myself. Here are some pics of the stitching burst open, prior to removal:
Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010053Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010057Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010054Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010050

Here is the jersey where the "0" was removed. It came away pretty easily. The outline is barely noticeable on the chest numbers (the outline you can see is from the number on the back of the jersey). There is a very faint outline on the shoulders, due to the less forgiving material, but you should hardly see it once the replacement numbers go on:
Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010142Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010143

Here are the numbers which were removed:
Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010141Bucs Customization Project Th_P1010144

I was hoping to take a few shortcuts and re-use certain numbers, but the bad news is that it's virtually impossible to match the twill. The replacement white twill is much brighter, so I'll need to remove them all and start from scratch...

The nameplates were the next problem - in that there weren't any on the jerseys I bought. It's virtually impossible to find matching dazzle material to make the nameplates, so I had to buy a Bucs' Russell Athletic replica to get a true match. Here's the precious jersey I bought:
Bucs Customization Project Th_Nameplate0

And here's how it looked, pre-nameplate, after my professional help got a hold of it (I wasn't taking this on myself):
Bucs Customization Project Th_Nameplate1Bucs Customization Project Th_Nameplate2

Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyThu Aug 16 2012, 03:50

AFTER

A long time since I had these finished, but here are the end products, which I couldn't be more happy with. I did a lot of research into sizing etc. and I believe they are consistent with the size and cut which each player wore. The only inconsistency is the fact that these gamers were from 1995, and Ronde wasn't drafter until 1997. I decided to run with it though, as generally only DBs or WRs would wear a size 40, and Ronde is an obvious stand-out (I believe he wore size 40 ever since.)

I also separately picked up some pants from the same era. They never wore complete orange unis - I just picked up as many of the pants as I could.

Here they are:

Bucs Customization Project IMG_0161_zps6544758c
Bucs Customization Project IMG_0162_zpsac42a4bf
Bucs Customization Project IMG_0163_zpse3f07286
Bucs Customization Project IMG_0164_zps4bd444e8
Bucs Customization Project IMG_0165_zps2fad80c5
Bucs Customization Project IMG_0166_zps2aecc973

Last edited by RJ3000 on Fri Aug 02 2013, 01:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyThu Aug 16 2012, 11:05

Can't wait for the next installment Russell, good job.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyThu Aug 16 2012, 15:38

I'm looking forward to the next installment to Simon! At this stage, I have professional help in making the nameplates and cutting the twill to the correct specification. Two of the jerseys are being done professionall, and I have the other two in hand, which I will be getting sent the numbers for and finished off locally.

I should probably add that all of these jerseys are for my personal collection. I am not having them turned into high profile players in order to sell them on as "game issued" jerseys of that player. If I do ever sell them (which is not likely for the forseeable future), they will be clearly described as customizations. These are strictly for my personal enjoyment!

They are in the following sizes: 40, 42, 44, 48. Any guesses as to what they're being turned into...?
Back to top Go down
strongarm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyThu Aug 16 2012, 19:34

This is going to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyFri Aug 02 2013, 01:25

Bump - end product added!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyFri Aug 02 2013, 01:46

Incidentally, someone else is selling a Lynch game issued jersey from the same year. Spot the difference!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321171360997

(Note: The twill in the numbers etc. on my jerseys is pure white and not grey - pictures were just taken in low light.)
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptyFri Aug 02 2013, 18:31

Hop on that one, bro.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project EmptySat Aug 03 2013, 04:13

cry_minarets458 wrote:
Hop on that one, bro.

I'm okay with the identical Lynch that I have already Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bucs Customization Project   Bucs Customization Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Bucs Customization Project
Page 1 of 1