NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jersey Customization

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jroam82

Jersey Customization Empty
PostSubject: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyTue Apr 30 2013, 19:12

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with customizing NFL jerseys?

In particular, I'm wanting to swap out an old nameplate on a NY Giants jersey. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere that can match the somewhat simple Giants lettering font.

Anyone done anything like this before?
Back to top Go down
jroam82

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyTue Apr 30 2013, 19:20

... and just to follow up - I've tried Eastern Lettering / ProPatches USA, and while they claim to be able to do NFL teams, the M and A are not actually correct.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyTue Apr 30 2013, 22:41

I removed a Shockey nameplate and made it a Cruz. I ordered my nameplate from STT Sports in Seattle They did a great job and really have great customer service.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyTue Apr 30 2013, 22:42

The name of the font is Stahls I believe

Edit: just checked an old email from them. The font is called Stahls Plain Block
Back to top Go down
jroam82

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyWed May 01 2013, 02:40

mrhead2k wrote:
The name of the font is Stahls I believe

Edit: just checked an old email from them. The font is called Stahls Plain Block

Thanks a lot. I'll give them a buzz. I also found BigTimeJerseys from an old thread in here so I'm gonna try them too.

Are you happy with the job they did? Did they supply the nameplate too - or did you have that already?
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyWed May 01 2013, 05:51

They did a fantastic job! They did supply the nameplate, I did have to request that it was jersey mesh and not dazzle material.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptyFri May 03 2013, 00:18

I know a lot of people did the same thing when TO left Philly and Jason Avant came in (both #81). Some people got a new name plate, some people just put tape over the name and wrote "AVANT" in sharpie......anything other than Owens..... While were on that note f*** TO. lol.
Back to top Go down
Chazberg

Chazberg

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization EmptySat Aug 03 2013, 06:27

FWIW 3 months after the fact, I also used STT Sports to make a Vince Young jersey into a Jake Locker. They did a great job (although I think they may have used a slightly too-condensed font) and they supplied the new nameplate.
My only issue with them on that job was the cost. I bought the jersey on clearance for around $50, and I ended up paying MORE than that just on the nameplate swap. But STT seems to be about the only shop that will touch NFL jerseys, and the quality is good, so I guess you have to just deal with the price...

I'm currently working with STT to customize another jersey, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey Customization   Jersey Customization Empty

Back to top Go down

Jersey Customization
Page 1 of 1