NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nike Elite Comparison!!

Go down 
+5
JetLife
Bro KV
Riptide09
mos805
Billsfan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

Nike Elite Comparison!! Empty
PostSubject: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptySun Jan 26 2014, 03:11

Ok, so I went through 3 Drew Brees Nike Elite jerseys from NFL Shop before I got one that wasn't a quality control nightmare (crooked NFL logo, numbers and lettering). So the Brees is a normal stock jersey ($249 + tax and shipping) in white or black, also normally stocked is a black Jimmy Graham. I went ahead and customized a black jersey ($299 + tax and shipping) for Kenny Vaccaro. I got the Vaccaro on Friday and the numbers are totally different. First the Brees numbers and letters are more of a kaki color and the Vaccaro is more gold and has a shine to it. The kaki on the Brees is very flat instead of shiny. Also the Brees letters and numbers are single layered stitched and the Vaccaro is double layered stitched.

https://s61.photobucket.com/user/customshopkv1/library/Saints%20Jerseys

You can see the pictures above. What's your guys opinion? They are both "Elite" but very different.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptySun Jan 26 2014, 07:21

Ive heard of this happening last year as well. The customizing department that NFL Shop uses still uses the old Reebok material for the customized jerseys. The issue has been brought up to them before, why they havent changed it, I dont know.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptySun Jan 26 2014, 07:36

That's total BS, I can't believe they are doing this. I guess they figure most people aren't going to notice.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptySun Jan 26 2014, 23:26

Bro KV wrote:
That's total BS, I can't believe they are doing this. I guess they figure most people aren't going to notice.

I agree, kinda lazy in my opinion, and cheap of them.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 00:17

I wrote them a long email and requested a call from someone in charge. They said 3-5 business day they would contact me.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 17:09

Like you say the Brees is a stock nike from their factory. The customised jersey will be a blank supplied to NFLshop who do the work in house. There will be a slight difference, there shouldn't be, but they will use twill that they have in stock and that could be from the Reebok era, as riptide says.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
mos805
Starter
Starter
mos805

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 17:58

I would be mad if I was paying extra for a customized jersey and it wasn't 100% exact to the T. Honestly most people probably won't notice but for the extra $50 there's no reason for it not to be exactly the same as a stock retail elite.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 19:21

So I got a reply today saying they are making another jersey but nothing about using the correct design/style. It's really pointless if it's going to be identical. It just looks tacky considering the collar and Saints logo are the kali color and the numbers and letters are more shiny gold
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Jan 27 2014, 21:56

I mean......if you stated your point in the fact that you are upset because of the fact that the numbers were from the old material, one would think they would know that making the same jersey the same as the one they just sent you wouldnt resolve the issue. Then again we are talking about the NFL shop.....so i wouldnt put it past them
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyWed Jan 29 2014, 01:47

Here's what I see when I walk in my closet. Ugh

Nike Elite Comparison!! AF2826B7-9191-467A-9CBA-770DB593248F
Back to top Go down
mos805
Starter
Starter
mos805

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyWed Jan 29 2014, 19:16

Wow right there you can definitely notice the difference a lot.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyThu Jan 30 2014, 20:46

This is the reply from NFL Shop, I'm crossing my fingers

"We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have done a replacement order for you and hope the customization is what you are expecting."
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyFri Jan 31 2014, 02:52

Received my white Brees today, alas wrong size. The hang tag says 48 and my receipt says 48 but the jocktag says 52 and it's noticeably larger than my other 48s. I am about to lose my mind.
Back to top Go down
JetLife
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyFri Jan 31 2014, 07:05

Wow, have NFL shop ever cared about their customers?
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptySun Feb 02 2014, 06:20

You need to put nfl shop on blast man. This is horrible customer service.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyMon Feb 03 2014, 21:46

Looking forward to see what type of customization they send you. luckily, I didn't mind my Justin Tucker triple layer twill customization instead of the flexible numbers. the transition from reebok to nike has been a disaster for the fans
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyTue Feb 04 2014, 02:44

My understanding is that any of the retail elites are made using the slightly stretchy material, whereas any customizations are done using twill. There's nothing wrong with the quality of the twill / sewing from the customizations I have seen, but it just doesn't fit the rest of the jersey - especially when the colour is different, like the golds on your Vaccaro.

I would struggle with paying $250 for a retail authentic but screw paying $300 for what, in my opinion, is a worse product.

I also have a big problem with the fact that there are no retail alternatives for the Bucs at the moment other than Freeman, which I already have. So there is no $250 alternative for some teams.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyTue Feb 04 2014, 03:38

Totally agree.  If the FDL logo was the same color as the letters/numbers then I wouldn't really have an issue.  It's not like I'm wearing all my jerseys at once.

On a side note, my customized Cameron Jordan (white) came today.  Guess what crooked NFL logo on the collar.  I mean WTF?  I have attempted to make contact with Nike and will continue to blast NFL Shop customer service till I am satisfied.  They did sent me $120 when I threatened to post in the comment section of every NFL.com article for the world to see.  They can keep the money, just put out a quality product, it's not that hard.  This will be the 4th jersey I am sending back for QC neglect.

Jimmy Graham, (replacement) Kenny Vaccaro, (replacement) Drew Brees and Josh Gordon will be here this week.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyFri Feb 07 2014, 03:32

I received the replacement Vaccaro today and guess what, exactly the same as the other one. Only difference is the numbers on the shoulders are sooooooooo jacked up location wise. One side is sifted to the from of the shoulder and the other side is shifted to the back. Unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
concertjoey
Rookie
Rookie
concertjoey

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyFri Feb 07 2014, 10:27

it sucks for the money we spend on these jerseys. my custom is almsot perfect, the badge looks a bit poorly sewn, but i decided to keep it, not that big a deal like having it crooked! they need to do a better job!
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyThu Feb 27 2014, 05:48

I've officially given up on NFL Shop. Got my replacement Cam Jordan and the shoulder numbers are shifted all the way forward. Looks retarded as hell. So the Vaccaro, Jordan and Gordon have all been returned for refunds.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyThu Feb 27 2014, 09:20

Man that's bad. I guess the moral of the story is avoid getting custom jerseys from NFLshop.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
mos805
Starter
Starter
mos805

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! EmptyFri Feb 28 2014, 18:09

Sorry to hear about all your problems OP, I don't understand the prevalance of not caring about QC and selling a bad jersey on the NFL shop's part. It seems like the fakes are getting better and the real ones are getting worse how is this make any sense? Even in my experience with elites that has been the few times that I have been at the Raider Image store, each one had bubbled, wrinkled, and/or crooked numbers. I have jerseys I regularly wash that still looked nicer than the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Elite Comparison!!   Nike Elite Comparison!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nike Elite Comparison!!
Page 1 of 1