NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old players name on current jersey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trampas
Rookie
Rookie

Old players name on current jersey Empty
PostSubject: Old players name on current jersey   Old players name on current jersey EmptySat Jan 19 2008, 18:42

Why can't you get the old teams players on the current jersey.

I would like to get Montana, Rice etc on the current jerseys instead of throwbacks as I like the current jersey more than throwbacks.

Why is this?

I say my next one will be Gore.

How lose should the jersey be?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Old players name on current jersey   Old players name on current jersey EmptyFri Feb 01 2008, 00:46

You can get customised jerseys but there are rules to who you can have and so forth. I do have a contact who will customise a blank jersey to anything you like. I think it has something to do with the NFL. Montana, for example, didn't wear the current style jersey and purists wouldn't buy a current jersey with his name on as it has to be the right jersey.
I think we should be able to have what we want, within reason. If that's what you want then it can be done, but like everything it costs money.

A jersey should be as loose as you are comfortable with. Everyone has their own preferences, go with what is comfortable for you.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Tackle 75

PostSubject: Re: Old players name on current jersey   Old players name on current jersey EmptyMon Feb 25 2008, 19:04

The rules are that you cant order a jersey with the name and number of a player who retired from that team. For example you could order an Art Monk Redskins jersey but not a Joe Theismann one (as Art moved on to the Jets and then the Eagles but Theismann retired from the Skins).

Therefore you could order a Joe Montana Niners authentic from the league but as Bills Fan quite rightly states he never wore the Niners jersey with the shadow numbers etc (a huge step backwards uni wise IMO) and it would look just plain wrong (especially as you would be spending 2 to 300 bucks on it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old players name on current jersey   Old players name on current jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Old players name on current jersey
Page 1 of 1