NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thedonkeycentrehalf

Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com Empty
PostSubject: Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com   Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com EmptyThu Oct 08 2009, 14:04

Hi all,

First visit and pointed to this site from the NFLUK site. Great to see everything on here.

I've just purchased a replica Broncos Away Dumervil shirt from ESPNAmericashop.com. The shirt looks fine and has come with all the tags, etc that I would expect. One minor nagging concern is that the shirt I have received says it is 85% Polyester and 15% Nylon. Looking on the official sites, replicas seem to be 100% polyester this year. Have a got any cause for concern - is it one of last years shirts that had a different composition or have I been sold a fake?

Any help gratefully received.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com   Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com EmptyThu Oct 08 2009, 15:45

Hi Welcome to the threads.

I wouldn't have thought you have anything to worry about. There are always jersey blanks left over from last year. As long as the tags are correct then I'd be happy. Also the replica jerseys are harder for the fakers to make as you need machinery, whereas the authentic range are all sewn so they just need a workforce. I've not seen a fake replica (yet).
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Thedonkeycentrehalf

PostSubject: Re: Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com   Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com EmptyThu Oct 08 2009, 19:53

Billsfan wrote:
Hi Welcome to the threads.

I wouldn't have thought you have anything to worry about. There are always jersey blanks left over from last year. As long as the tags are correct then I'd be happy. Also the replica jerseys are harder for the fakers to make as you need machinery, whereas the authentic range are all sewn so they just need a workforce. I've not seen a fake replica (yet).

Thanks for the rapid response. I can go about enjoying the rest of the site now.
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com   Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com EmptyWed Oct 21 2009, 16:43

Yeah I've never seen a fake replica before. As Billsfan says, they'd be too much effort to make for the money they'd be able to charge.

Real authentics are £150, so they can sew on (badly) some cheap numbers and list them for £30 to sucker in some people who don't know/don't care (coz theys cheap innit) that they're buying a fake. Thus making about £29.50 profit.

But to make a replica appeal to the same sort of buyer, they'd have to list them at about a fiver and make only a few quid profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com   Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com Empty

Back to top Go down

Jersey purchased from ESPNAmericaShop.com
Page 1 of 1