NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Nike Jersey Photos

Go down 
+17
RJ3000
Chris2k
jigokusabre
lewyofrct
Hawk37
Claden
Andyf
tmacman
lej
Billsfan
rmcc
obinug
JoeDGemma
joker1224
Batman082407
Mr_Raider
LASER___SHOW
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 01:52

Here's some pictures I took of my new Nike Elite Ray Lewis jersey. I'm around 5'111/2" to 6'0" and weight roughly 175-180lbs. I purchased a size 40 and a size 44 to compare. Here are the pictures.... It's going to be a long post, so I hope it's not an issue.

Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 4010
Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 40_110
Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 40_210
Size 44
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 4410
Size 44
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 44_110
Size 44
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 44_210
Size 44
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 44_310
Jerseys
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Dscf2310
Jerseys
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Dscf2311
Jerseys
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Dscf2312
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 01:57

The size 40 fits me quite snugly, but the 44 seems a bit more loose/comfortable. Not sure which one I'm going to keep. I'll probably keep the 44, but who knows. Hope the pictures help...
Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 09:10

Think I'll get 44s, I like football jerseys to be more loose than my baseball shirts/jerseys (which I buy in 40).
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 11:36

Looks really cool!!!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 15:22

Thanks for the pictures, what are the numbers like? Can you stretch them?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 16:15

I don't know the best way to describe the numbers, but they don't stretch. I'm not too impressed with the stitching used to place them on the jersey, however.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 16:21

Hmmmm.....that's not good. Do you know what it's like compared to the replicas at all? I mean, is the extra money worth it?
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 16:31

Well, I feel that the old Reebok replica jerseys were more form fitting as they were a mesh material and screen printed numbers. Honestly, I don't feel that much of a difference between the weights of the reebok replicas versus this new Nike Elite authentic...but that's just me. That being said, I texted my brother after I opened my mail package and I told him I'm never buying a replica ever again. In all honesty, I probably will down the road...but for a franchise Ravens player who will always be considered a Raven or will retire a Raven (Rice, Suggs, Reed all come to mind) - I will only buy an authentic with their name on it. If that makes sense..
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:30

cry_minarets458 wrote:
I don't know the best way to describe the numbers, but they don't stretch. I'm not too impressed with the stitching used to place them on the jersey, however.

Hmmmm well that doesn't sound too good then. They are supposed to be water repellent as well, is that just a gimmick or does it work?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 20:36

Billsfan wrote:
cry_minarets458 wrote:

Hmmmm well that doesn't sound too good then. They are supposed to be water repellent as well, is that just a gimmick or does it work?

Yeah, I mean I grabbed the numbers and carefully tugged and it didn't seem like the numbers themselves stretch. The jersey does a bit, but that's expected. As for the water repellent -- I'm not sure. I'm not about to put water on them and have them not repel it seeing as I have to return one of my jerseys when I decide on which one I'm going to keep...
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 21:46

And I just noticed two thread pulls on my size 44. Also, on both jerseys, the RAVENS under the collar has some loose threads, too. Bummer.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyWed May 02 2012, 22:32

What's it like in comparison to the 'Game' jerseys? I mean, one of those is $100 and the Elite is nearly 3 times that, so is there a big enough difference to warrant this? Obviously with the Reeboks the difference was huge; is it the same with the Nikes or more subtle? Maybe it depends on the team - anyone??
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 05:08

Mr_Raider wrote:
Wonder how long it will take the counterfeiter to produce their pile of manure??

Ha! NOT LONG at all chief! I saw some counterfeit Saints jerseys, and they ARE pee-uuuw!!!! So yea, the manure business has commenced unfortunately Mr_Raider...No
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 05:23

cry_minarets458 wrote:
Here's some pictures I took of my new Nike Elite Ray Lewis jersey. I'm around 5'111/2" to 6'0" and weight roughly 175-180lbs. I purchased a size 40 and a size 44 to compare. Here are the pictures.... It's going to be a long post, so I hope it's not an issue.

Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 4010
Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 40_110
Size 40
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 40_210

@cry_minarets458 - REALLY nice pick-up there man...I'm envious, lol! I'm kinda stocky @ 5'8", 185 lbs., and was wondering IF I should purchase a size 40 b/c I've BEEN wanting a jersey to fit snug on me. I was ONLY able to find the Reebok authentic jerseys in a size 48, and could never find a sz 46. The 48 was still TOO BIG for my liking, but I had to get what Reebok offered.

So I appreciate VERY MUCH you posting how a size 40 looks on you along with your pedigree info...now I have a MUCH BETTER idea! Thanks bro, now I'm gonna get dat size 40! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 07:21

NawlinsSaints504 wrote:
@cry_minarets458 - REALLY nice pick-up there man...I'm envious, lol! I'm kinda stocky @ 5'8", 185 lbs., and was wondering IF I should purchase a size 40 b/c I've BEEN wanting a jersey to fit snug on me. I was ONLY able to find the Reebok authentic jerseys in a size 48, and could never find a sz 46. The 48 was still TOO BIG for my liking, but I had to get what Reebok offered.

So I appreciate VERY MUCH you posting how a size 40 looks on you along with your pedigree info...now I have a MUCH BETTER idea! Thanks bro, now I'm gonna get dat size 40! Very Happy

Hey, no problem. I'm just trying to be nice and fit in here, plus I'd like to be as helpful as possible. Welcome to my world, a world I call OSD - Obsessive SIZING Disorder haha. I want to keep the 44, but I'm worried that I won't put on a few extra lean pounds to fill it in a little more. Also, the thread pulls on it are bothering me. I also want to keep the 40.......but I'm worried I'll outgrow it quickly. I'd like to just keep both of them.........but $250 vs $500 is a big difference. Sigh. Just...sigh.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 07:25

rmcc wrote:
What's it like in comparison to the 'Game' jerseys? I mean, one of those is $100 and the Elite is nearly 3 times that, so is there a big enough difference to warrant this? Obviously with the Reeboks the difference was huge; is it the same with the Nikes or more subtle? Maybe it depends on the team - anyone??

I'd imagine it's a huge difference just as the Reebok jerseys were. From a quick glance at the specs, it looks like the $100 Game jeresys are screen printed numbers and names...so I assume it's exactly like the Reebok ones...
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 11:28

Just found a pretty good comparison here on Nike's help section

http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/~/what's-the-difference-between-the-game,-limited-and-elite-nfl-jerseys%3F

Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 23:04

Actually, just letting you know that the numbers do kind of stretch.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyThu May 03 2012, 23:37

Thanks for sharing the photos, cry_minarets. It's definitely helpful to see the jerseys on a human being, rather than the photoshop mock-ups they've provided to date. I'd definitely be looking at a 44, but I want to see the jerseys up close before dropping that kind of money on an elite.

Don't know if it's just the change in material or whatever, but the purple looks a shade lighter than the Reeboks to me. Either way, it's a nice looking jersey - congrats.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 02:44

RJ3000 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the photos, cry_minarets. It's definitely helpful to see the jerseys on a human being, rather than the photoshop mock-ups they've provided to date. I'd definitely be looking at a 44, but I want to see the jerseys up close before dropping that kind of money on an elite.

Don't know if it's just the change in material or whatever, but the purple looks a shade lighter than the Reeboks to me. Either way, it's a nice looking jersey - congrats.
I can try to take some close-up pictures if that'll help. As for the color, my camera is extremely old (about 6 years), but the purple honestly looks exactly the same to me as the old jerseys. And thanks for the congrats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 02:50

cry_minarets458 wrote:
I can try to take some close-up pictures if that'll help. As for the color, my camera is extremely old (about 6 years), but the purple honestly looks exactly the same to me as the old jerseys. And thanks for the congrats! Very Happy

It could just be the lighting as well. Here is the only purple Ravens jersey I've ever owned (from 2001), which just seems much darker:

New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 P1000394
New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 P1000396
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 04:05

Oh my lanta, that is absolutely gorgeous. Can you do me a favor -- if times ever get tough for you or if you just feel like moving that jersey, please, please, please let me know? haha

Anywho, here is a side by side with my Rice replica. Granted, different material so it reflects some of the flash...but side by side to the naked eye, it looks pretty much identical in color. If anything, the old purple doesn't look darker -- it looks more blue (has a blueish tint to it).

New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Photo11
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 04:10

Yeah, okay - I think it's just down to lighting in the room in that case. I've always been a fan of the Ravens jerseys. Love the purple / black / gold / white combo, and the number font is one of the best.

I actually missed out on a Nike authentic Ray Lewis from the late 90s - when they had the Raven as the logo on the shoulders. I regret not going higher, as it was a beauty.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 04:17

I know. I have a youth Testaverde jersey...so old it didn't have sleeve numbers. I found a '96 Testaverde authentic a few months ago, but it wasn't my size so I didn't pursue it. I should have just gotten it to have it for the collection. My goal is a '96 Testaverde (original font with birds on sleeves), a '97 R. Lewis (current font with birds on sleeves), a '00 Nike Jermaine Lewis, and then any black Matt Stover jersey. Sigh. Lots to catch up on.

I actually didn't think Nike made a Ravens jersey with the birds on the sleeves. Russel in 96 and Starter in 97...I thought that we only had the birds for two years, but I can be misremembering..
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 22:48

So, just keeping you all updated. I decided I'm going to keep both of these jerseys as I'm comfortable in both. However, I do want to exchange them out for two new ones because of the thread pulls. The NFL shop was extremely easy and enjoyable to work with, as well as extremely understanding. I just called them in regard to the thread pulls on my jersey. They're sending me shipping labels for exchanges and returns. They are exchanging my size 40 and are returning my size 44 (as they are currently out of stock of the size 44). They don't have an idea of when they're getting more 44's in, but I assume it'll have to be relatively soon ... if not, before the season, at least. So, I will just place a new order for a 44 when they are stocked in size 44.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 23:21

That's kind of worrying that both had defects - hopefully it's just a case of really bad luck, and not a reflection of shoddy workmanship. I hope the replacements are more acceptable.

I'm sure you have been through all this already, but if I were in your shoes and were getting two jerseys for the same team in different sizes, I'd be getting different players and different colours.

I see they currently only have purple Lewis', but I believe the alts are expected in July, if you are able to wait that long and NFLshop.com would give you a refund or credit. Then at least you could have the Lewis in different colours.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptySat May 05 2012, 23:35

Yeah,sounds like a good suggestion to get diffrent jerseys. Are alts for all teams coming in July?
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 EmptyMon May 07 2012, 01:22

Upon further inspection - as I've had the new Ravens nikes sitting on my chair getting ready to get shipped out for exchanges/returns, the purple does look lighter/brighter. I actually prefer it to the old purple for the sake of the jersey. It's pretty bad ass, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Nike Jersey Photos
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next