NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Nike Jersey Photos

Go down 
+17
RJ3000
Chris2k
jigokusabre
lewyofrct
Hawk37
Claden
Andyf
tmacman
lej
Billsfan
rmcc
obinug
JoeDGemma
joker1224
Batman082407
Mr_Raider
LASER___SHOW
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 23:21

That's kind of worrying that both had defects - hopefully it's just a case of really bad luck, and not a reflection of shoddy workmanship. I hope the replacements are more acceptable.

I'm sure you have been through all this already, but if I were in your shoes and were getting two jerseys for the same team in different sizes, I'd be getting different players and different colours.

I see they currently only have purple Lewis', but I believe the alts are expected in July, if you are able to wait that long and NFLshop.com would give you a refund or credit. Then at least you could have the Lewis in different colours.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptySat May 05 2012, 23:35

Yeah,sounds like a good suggestion to get diffrent jerseys. Are alts for all teams coming in July?
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyMon May 07 2012, 01:22

Upon further inspection - as I've had the new Ravens nikes sitting on my chair getting ready to get shipped out for exchanges/returns, the purple does look lighter/brighter. I actually prefer it to the old purple for the sake of the jersey. It's pretty bad ass, IMO.
Back to top Go down
joey
Rookie
Rookie
joey

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 13:18

Just got a Cam Newton replica jersey, one of the new Nike ones.

WOW. I'm an Authentic man myself but these new replicas and far far better in quality and fit than the reebok ones. It's closer to a reebok Premier than the old replica jersey.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 14:27

joey wrote:

WOW. I'm an Authentic man myself but these new replicas and far far better in quality and fit than the reebok ones. It's closer to a reebok Premier than the old replica jersey.

That's really interesting. I wonder, in that case, what the 'limited' jerseys will be like, given that they're only about $30 more than the replicas??? From what Nike say, it looks like they will have the same numbers as the authentic, the ventilation, and the Flywire. But since the Patriots didn't opt for Flywire, for me it may not be worth the extra dosh. Not that I've decided to get one or anything - want to see what the alts are like!
Back to top Go down
joey
Rookie
Rookie
joey

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 16:20

rmcc wrote:
joey wrote:

That's really interesting. I wonder, in that case, what the 'limited' jerseys will be like, given that they're only about $30 more than the replicas??? From what Nike say, it looks like they will have the same numbers as the authentic, the ventilation, and the Flywire. But since the Patriots didn't opt for Flywire, for me it may not be worth the extra dosh. Not that I've decided to get one or anything - want to see what the alts are like!

I'm saving my money for a powder blue Rivers authentic Cool
Back to top Go down
lej
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 17:38

It seems the "limited" jersey are a different, supposedly better material than the Game jersey with a fit closer to the Elite...tighter than the Game...the material is not the "water-repellent" fabric of the Elite jersey but a step up from the Game jersey material.

The Limited jersey will have twill-type numbers and letters rather than screenprinted like the Game jersey and flywire collar like the Elite. It seems the Limited may have more "ventilation" areas than the Game jersey which basically means more mesh-type areas perhaps.

It seems the team badge on the nike Game jersey for the Steelers is embroidered rather than screenprinted. A nice touch...but as the Steelers sleeves are screenprinted yellow I wonder if the Limited jersey will improve on this. I know on the reebok "premier" and "throwback" jerseys the sleeves were still printed yellow but the numbers/names were light twill-type fabric.
So I suppose the nike "limited" jersey will still have printed areas such as sleeves and logos while better numbers/names/shirt fabric. Basically it will look like an Elite jersey but on closer inspection will be a poor-mans substitute...

Just like the Reebok era...if you had a replica you kinda wished it was a premier...when you got a premier you wished you had an authentic...when you got an authentic it made you want more authentics and the replica and premier were never quite good enough.

This is how they bleed the fans dry...
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 18:27

lej wrote:

Just like the Reebok era...if you had a replica you kinda wished it was a premier...when you got a premier you wished you had an authentic...when you got an authentic it made you want more authentics and the replica and premier were never quite good enough.

This is how they bleed the fans dry...

Hit the nail on the head there!! We just gotta decide whether we want to spend our money on several replicas or one authentic, I guess!!! I always try & save up & buy the best cos otherwise I just obsess over the fact that what I have isn't as cool as what I could've had.....but that's just me!
Back to top Go down
lej
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 18:51

I must say the Game jerseys look much better than Reeboks replicas...the Steelers one with the embroidered badge rather than the totally crap screenprinted Reebok replica one looks so much better. I take it the Jets game jersey badge will be embroidered too...

The main thing I was worried about was the tighter fit of the Nike Elites...but they look pretty good to me...maybe a good excuse for me to lose my fat gut...

I am still not won over by the Flywire collars though. I prefer the more traditional look of the Raiders and Eagles Elite jerseys. I am so glad the Raiders jersey does not have the Flywire...why ruin a classic iconic look?
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyWed May 09 2012, 20:49

Update on my Ravens jerseys:

Actually took a good turn today. NFL shop more than helpful (on the phone with them two times today). I received my replacement size 40. Very minute thread pull on the Ravens stitching under the collar...so that will be an easy fix for me. As for my original 44, I decided to not send it back. I actually took nail clippers and carefully cut away at the thread pulls. It did not damage the jersey at all and it looks completely fine, even when the jersey is being stretched. I wish I thought of that sooner, but I'm now going to hold on to that 44 as the NFL shop is currently out of stock. Good day, I suppose.

I honestly think it's just shoddy worksmanship. I'm wondering if it's better to order them directly from Nike or not (if that makes a difference). Hockey jerseys may be different, but I know that the customization from the NHL shop is shoddy compared to if you get it done elsewhere. NFL jerseys work differently (I don't know anywhere to buy blank NFL jerseys), so I'm hoping my concerns are only relevant because it's the first batch of Nike jerseys.
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyWed May 09 2012, 20:55

Just have to watch this space, I suppose. If it turns out to be a regular occurrence, then I'm sure there will be complaints & Nike will have to sort it. Good that you're all sorted at the moment though!
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 14 2012, 05:44

obinug wrote:
I was going to sell some of mine off to buy a Nike jersey. Think i'll stick to the retro shirts

Hey...I'm wit' ya on dat!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 14 2012, 05:53

cry_minarets458 wrote:
Upon further inspection - as I've had the new Ravens nikes sitting on my chair getting ready to get shipped out for exchanges/returns, the purple does look lighter/brighter. I actually prefer it to the old purple for the sake of the jersey. It's pretty bad ass, IMO.

So u kept the new style...fine choice! I wish I had the EXTRA loot to spend on an Elite, but...Rolling Eyes

I'm happy w/ my Ree Authies bounce I was gonna try 'n' sell it to score an Elite, but I'm gonna be patient that way I'll have both! Patience is an virtue.

Congrats minarets:!:
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25 2012, 16:20

I'm in the process of ordering a custom Ravens jersey from NFLSHOP. Hopefully, this one will turn out better. lol
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04 2012, 01:57

Let me know how your custom elite turns out. I got two nike elite eagles McCoy jerseys both had defects. Just like you got a 40 and a 44. The 40 had badly wrinkled numbers and the 44 had the nfl shield sewn on crooked as well as slightly wrinkled numbers. I wore the 44 to the eagles saints game in new orleans and it downpoured, the jersey soaked up the water right from the start so idk what the water repelling fabric is like but it sure wasnt a part of my jersey.

That being said i still liked them but returned them both last week. I would have purchased a custom elite off of nflshop today but they dont have them for sale anymore.....my luck. Guess ill wait!
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04 2012, 02:11

Riptide09 wrote:
Let me know how your custom elite turns out. I got two nike elite eagles McCoy jerseys both had defects. Just like you got a 40 and a 44. The 40 had badly wrinkled numbers and the 44 had the nfl shield sewn on crooked as well as slightly wrinkled numbers. I wore the 44 to the eagles saints game in new orleans and it downpoured, the jersey soaked up the water right from the start so idk what the water repelling fabric is like but it sure wasnt a part of my jersey.

That being said i still liked them but returned them both last week. I would have purchased a custom elite off of nflshop today but they dont have them for sale anymore.....my luck. Guess ill wait!

I'll let you know. I'll be sure to post pictures, too. I've read that the custom jerseys come from a different part of the warehouse and are customized in a different location, and even the numbers are stitched differently before they're stitched to the jerseys. Both my Ray Lewis jerseys (non-customized) had thread pulls on the Ravens stitching under the collar, but I was able to fix them or at least make the pulls less noticeable.

Will let you know. Should be here within 4-5 days, as I ordered it last week.

PS, yes, it is a JUSTIN TUCKER jersey. BOOM.

EDIT: also, there's pictures on here of a baby blue/alternate customized Chargers jersey. it looks different than the normal elite jerseys that are not customized. interesting, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Riptide09
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Riptide09

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04 2012, 02:30

Thats interesting. So one would be better off in your instance ordering a customized jersey with ray lewis's name and number as opposed to ordering a premade one. I thought about that as well, good to know there is a difference!
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04 2012, 02:38

Riptide09 wrote:
Thats interesting. So one would be better off in your instance ordering a customized jersey with ray lewis's name and number as opposed to ordering a premade one. I thought about that as well, good to know there is a difference!

well, supposedly, but i'll let you know once i get my black jersey.
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04 2012, 04:09

here's that link i was talking about..it's in this thread...there's a picture of the chargers jersey in question. maybe i just confused myself, i don't know lol but you can judge for yourself...it's in RJ3000's jersey thread

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t2909-freeman-nike-elite
Back to top Go down
cry_minarets458
Starter
Starter
cry_minarets458

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 05 2012, 18:58

here's my pics of my Justin Tucker Elite jersey...just got it in the mail today:

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t3190-ravens-black-nike-elite-justin-tucker

just thought i'd put the link here, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Nike Jersey Photos   New Nike Jersey Photos - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Nike Jersey Photos
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7